• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

This is the NSX AP-X turbo kit, AKA "angus turbo kit".

This kit has more than 60+ happy owners out there and is second to none in value, build quality, ease of install and results.

It has been installed on a DIY basis by people all over the country and even across the globe!

It is designed for easy install as well as service and keeps the parts count to a minimum to reduce reliability issues.

***This kit is now offered as a "tuner" kit. Fuel management components can be supplied on a case-by-case basis f you desire a complete kit.***

- Tuner kit (intercooled) - this is a complete intercooled kit minus the fuel management ($6995).

- Complete intercooled kit with AEM FIC, AEM EMS, injectors, boomslang plug and play wiring harness - etc. etc. (pm or email for pricing).

- Options include (but are not limited to) :

- Borla exhaust system - (+$280)

- Tanabe Style 4" exhaust tips (+$100)

- 100 cell catalytic converters (can only be added to the twin canister system)

- Soon to be released TWIN CANISTER SYSTEM!! (+899)

- Soon to be released AIR/LIQUID intercooler (price TBD)

- 4" intake system for higher HP applications (+$150)***STILL PLACES THE FILTER IN THE INNER FENDER TO AVOID CONTAMINANTS***

- Braided hose oil lines and A/N fittings (+$175)

- Any Choice of T-4 frame turbo (GT35r - Precision, Coming soon Borg Warner - etc.etc.)

- Ceramic coating in black and silver (varies depending on color and how many parts you want done)

Parts list includes:

- Custom made stainless steel Y-pipe

- Stainless steel bead rolled charge pipes

- Stainless steel wastegate dump tube

- Custom stainless mounting cradle system

- All silicone connectors

- Standard AP-X T67 turbo - also available, Precision 6266 or 6262 turbo (other units also available to suit the desired boost response curve)

- 46mm wastegate (optional 50mm wastegate) * Also, for the 46mm W/G the port/tube size can be upgraded to 45mm to help alleviate the boost creep issue some had experienced when running a smaller turbo at lower boost.

- HKS SSQV style BOV (any choice of BOV can be an option)

- Oil lines *optional braided stainless*

- Oil feed and drain fittings *optional A/N fittings*

- Oil Scavenge pump

- Scavenge pump bracket

- Magnaflow style dual exhaust system *optional Borla or Twin Canister System*

- All necessary hardware

- Vacuum lines and hoses

- Air intake piping ***places the filter high in the right side rear fender away from contaminants***

- Air filter

- Air/Air Intercooler assembly

I can also sell individual Y-pipes and charge pipes.

This is a complete Intercooled kit it can easily support between 350-700+ hp

The tubing is all 304 SS tig welded

These parts have been tested and proven to work. No problems at all with reliability / cracking.

I have jigs for everything to ensure conformity and quality control.

If you have any questions please feel free to pm me or use the email or phone# listed in the wiki to contact me.

Here are some pics:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/sh...ser=16509&sl=a

Dyno videos can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/nellerzh8r#p/u

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: DIY Turbo kit !

Well , after much consideration , I have decided to sell the nsx turbo kit that i have designed .

Initially , I will offer it as a "tuner" kit (without fuel management, this it intended for people who know exactly what they are doing and/or have a shop who does)

I can also sell individual Y-pipes and charge pipes.

This kit is designed to use a scavenge pump , I like it that way , if you don't then you won't like this setup.

Currently , I have no intercooler available , mostly because I dislike many aspects of the air/liquid setups and other air/air setups I have seen , however , I do have a plan to build something .

The tubing is all 304 SS tig welded and back purged

It is designed to use a t67 (T-4 flange) and a Tial 46mm wastegate.

These parts have been tested and proven to work. No problems at all with reliability / cracking.

I have jigs for everything to ensure conformity and quality control and can ship almost immediately.

I am sure there will be a lot of other questions , so ask away!

here are some pics:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=31152&ppuser=16509&sl=a

Ugh, howabout a price?

On top of price do you have pics of the individual parts OFF the car? And what all will be included in the tuner kit.

On top of price do you have pics of the individual parts OFF the car? And what all will be included in the tuner kit.

I will post some pics of the individual parts as soon as possible , the tuner kit will include all of the parts required to install the kit , minus fuel system components.

Pricing will be posted very soon.

Pm me if you are serious!

and how long will it take you to build it after I order

Currently the build time is about a week , could be less.

I will post some pics of the individual parts as soon as possible , the tuner kit will include all of the parts required to install the kit , minus fuel system components.

Pricing will be posted very soon.

Pm me if you are serious!

I hate to sound like an ass, but it seems to me that you would have an idea of what this costs you and what kind of profit you want out of it long before you offered it for sale.

You calling my friend an Ass???
Good for you, He needs a kick in the butt.
Angus, get this thread together and quit teasing the boyz.
Lol
It's good to see you putting this out there.
Take care and don't forget the h.p. and dyno info as well.
Of course everycar will be different with each tune but something with numbers would be good.
Happy Newyear as well.
Trev
I have seen his low boost 6 lb 3.2 go and it goes nice.

Last edited:

I hate to sound like an ass, but it seems to me that you would have an idea of what this costs you and what kind of profit you want out of it long before you offered it for sale.

Actually , I do know what it costs me and what kind of profit I want , but I am in the process of negotiating a better price on some of the components if I buy them in a larger quantity , so please bear with me , I am trying to make this a very , very cost effective option as well as a top notch quality product .

Actually ffffanman has seen a few of my pre-production prototype kits , so ask him!

So far this kit with the t67 has made 470whp @12psi ( good for 11.9@ 121mph) on a 3.0 .

On a 3.2 , the same setup made 360whp @6psi ( this was when we blew trev's doors off , it's ok , he had no quarter panel either!)

Last edited:

Actually , I do know what it costs me and what kind of profit I want , but I am in the process of negotiating a better price on some of the components if I buy them in a larger quantity , so please bear with me , I am trying to make this a very , very cost effective option as well as a top notch quality product .

Actually ffffanman has seen a few of my pre-production prototype kits , so ask him!

So far this kit with the t67 has made 470whp @12psi ( good for 11.9@ 121mph) on a 3.0 .

On a 3.2 , the same setup made 360whp @6psi ( this was when we blew trev's doors off , it's ok , he had no quarter panel either!)
Alrighty then.

Actually I was running 6 lbs that nite on an old whipple without aem.
So I had no chance with my 3.0, I had the off the line go, but when that turbo spooled up, look out. Sad thing is that that 3.2 had Wil's 285 lb body in it as well!!!
Trev

Haha! remember , Dave's car has no aem either , actually your fuel systems are almost the same , except that Dave is running the meth. injection.

And I weigh closer to 350 lb , T-BO !
Imagine what would happen if you had a passenger too!

pm me a price

Yes, but you must remember I had 400 lbs of left over Chinese food in my car, cause you guys couldn't make up your minds what you wanted to eat!
Trev

Attachments

• overloaded13.jpg
    overloaded13.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 6,618
Last edited:

Yes, but you must remember I had 400 lbs of left over Chinese food in my car, cause you guys couldn't make up your minds what you wanted to eat!
Trev

So... maybe the SS sauce got on your tires causing you to lose traction?

PM sent

Whats the deal? Is the price set or not? Im realitivly new here but on every other forum if someone is selling something they include the price in the sale post. Why is the price a secret that can only be pmed? If its pmable why is it not postable? Wouldnt it be easier for you to sell kits if people could decide immediatly whether or not hey thought the price was justfiable? Why the need for the extra step? If im trying to sell something im gonna make it as easy on my customers to buy it as possible.

I have actually seen one of Wil's turbo kits in person.

I was quite impressed with attention to detail of his kit. Really nice welds throughout and a very clean install.

I have actually seen one of Wil's turbo kits in person.

I was quite impressed with attention to detail of his kit. Really nice welds throughout and a very clean install.

Thank you for the kind words! I am glad you like it.
My aim is to build my products to the highest standards.

OK , to all interested parties , pictures of the kit will be up later this week .

Remember , this kit has been tested and proven to provide reliable power.

I have been building Honda/Acura turbo kits for over ten years!

please pm me a price!!

and what year is your personal car angus?

Back