• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

By Skimp are you referring to my email tune question? I only ask for email tune do to the fact that there are not a lot of boosted NSX floating around the east coast of Canada. And when I boosted my RSX i decided to go email tune and I was very happy with it.

Yes, I guess if you have experience with tuners emailing you maps and things but I wouldn't chance it. Just my .02 cents. There's a lot of things a tuner could potentially pick up while on the dyno including unforeseen issues that you may not be aware of.

I don't think anybody on here has a "email tune"??? Too many factors for correct tune. My tuner spent 3/4 of a day tuning my NSX.

I don't think anybody on here has a "email tune"??? Too many factors for correct tune. My tuner spent 3/4 of a day tuning my NSX.

Indeed. That implies that there is a standard off the shelf tune for these kits that is close to perfect, which just doesn't exist. The market is way too small and there are too many variables.

Spend the money on a tune or spend 12x that much on a new engine. If money for a tune is too much he really shouldn't be trying to play the turbo NSX game.

I got lucky, Cody was in town and tuned my EMS. I'm not sure where I would've taken it otherwise.

Last edited:
Actually the majority of kits are running the FIC - the EMS is also a great solution and provides more options for tuning but also costs more to buy and also to tune.

Boys. Calm down on my email tune question. I had my boosted 400hp RSX-S tuned on email tune. I also had a very good d series tuner right beside me during the whole tune. So I know I was safe.

Yes, the kits are all made to order - it is far too difficult to build a kit to keep in stock as everyone has different wants and needs.

Hey people, I want to apologize for not updating the original post with current info, I will be doing my best to get it done soon so it reflects the current options for turbochargers etc. and pricing!

Thanks everyone!

don't hesitate to order from will. He's great with communication. Will answer all your questions. The welding on the kit are amazing. I can't wait until mine to be installed. Thanks again will.

I agree with ysoskow. I've no problems with my kit I've had it for three years I've just been too lazy/busy and finally got around to installing it earlier this year. Now I finally like driving this car it's a blast on the street. It performs perfect for a street car. I have the 67mm that originally came with the kit IMO it's a great match for this engine. I've changed a few things and out my own "flair" to the kit. Here are a few pics. My friend Ben Freed @ FREED engineering here in Maryland is a great fabricator. We dropped the oil pan welded a bung in for the scavenge pump. Also made a side ram intake to run to the passenger side Door Scoop. Also remade the upper intake pipe out of aluminum along with welding a Vibrant vanjen clamp on the upper charge pipe and TB just to share a few.

Thanks again for good customer service all around.

IMG_1151.jpg IMG_1152.jpg IMG_1166.jpg IMG_1158.jpg IMG_1156.jpg IMG_1162.jpg IMG_1188.jpg IMG_1165.jpg IMG_1171.jpg

Last edited:
I'm almost done with the installation of the kit. The only thing left to do is the BOV valve and my wideband gauge. Will was awesome with the phone call. I basically installed the kit with no instructions. I only had to cal him about the oil pump and he answered it right away. Awesome guy to deal with. My question for anyone that dis the installation yourself is... how the hell do you get that snap ring to lock in the bov in? I bought the tool for it and I still cant do it. Also my headers are 91 and buying 95+was and changing them out was not an option for me. I just fabricate will's kit to work. Ill post pictures once im done.

Hey Angus, how many cells were the high flow cats you used to make that custom dual canister exhaust?

The exhaust I did with cats had 100 cell cats added after the muffler (a Borla)

The exhaust I did with cats had 100 cell cats added after the muffler (a Borla)

Are 100 cell cats enough to stop soot from forming on the exhaust tips? What do you think about using dual cats instead of a muffler?

Are 100 cell cats enough to stop soot from forming on the exhaust tips? What do you think about using dual cats instead of a muffler?

It'll significantly reduce it at the very least. If you were to do a dual canister setup and use the cats in place of the mufflers, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

What do you think in terms of flow- Is 100, 200, 300 too restrictive for your kit? Will it increase back pressure significantly to the point of power loss or other detriment?

I would probably only do the 300 cell, they should support more than 400hp

Back