• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

April 25-27, 2008 Grand Prix of Houston - ALMS/Champ Car race

Count me in Ojas!

We have NSX Craze the weekend before! Fun month.

-Jose

Wow NSX craze the week before. Anyone know what the ticket prices will be? I am gonna put in for leave for these events but need more info. Thats a 20 hr flight time for me.

Here is the link to the Grand Prix with the ticket prices it should have any other info you will need. I sat in section GS4 the last two year's for the ALMS race, great seat's imo. I have actually put in my request as a volunteer for the weekend which should be awesome if I get a position.

http://www.grandprixofhouston.com/tickets_info.html

Last edited:
The 2008 Grand Prix of Houston is April 25-27. I figured we should start planning now (so I don't forget about it like I did last year). :)

Who else will be there? Nick, Paul, Z, Gus, Scott, Matt, Henry...?

Hey Ojas! I will be there for the race. Sounds like fun. The wife will be with me also. I look forward to seeing you and the Austin crew. :)

Wow, thats a loooong way from home.:smile:

Yeah, it is. But somebody has to make sure you guys behave. Plus, it means none of you have any excuse for saying the race is 'too far away' to make the drive. LOL!! :biggrin:

So what's the plan? Where are we sitting? Which days should I buy tickets for?

Jose

I'm going! i didn't see many nsx's last year.. just the yellow one from cali

I noticed they changed the grandstand numbers from past years. In 2006, I believe we were where GS5 is now located. I thought that was a good spot with the braking, hard turn, etc.

Any objections to getting seats here again? Here's the course and prices: ticket info

BTW: I was thinking of making a weekend out of it and being in Houston all 3 days. :)

Hey Ojas! I will be there for the race. Sounds like fun. The wife will be with me also. I look forward to seeing you and the Austin crew. :)
Mitch! I can't believe it! Looking forward to hanging out with you and Lesley again. Maybe Umar will join us, too.

So, I gather you'll be flying in to Austin(?) When you have a chance, give me an idea of what day(s) you plan to be at the Grand Prix, so we can figure out caravan and other logistics. We might be able to squeeze in some Texas Hill Country routes in, too. ;)

Last edited:
I have been to the races for the past two years and in my opinion, GS5 is hard to beat. The best spot in GS5 is towards the top of the grand stand and closest to turn 6.

GS5 is where several crashes happen as well as passes. They also have a very short run out area in the event that they don’t turn. There is nothing like watching one of those cars end up in the run our area with no reverse. The run out area is at the end of the straight before turn 6 and looks like a dead end street with no cul-de-sac, just stacks of tires at the end. If they end up in the run out area, they turn the front wheels all the way one direction, raise the RPM’s, and dump the clutch. What happens next is the most bad@ss 180-degree spin/turn you will ever witness with your own eyes.

Back