• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are there any interests for a NSX-specific HID kit?

icefire said:
That blue+yellow combo just got 300x times better looking.
Just went down to the garage to check out the HID set up and realized that HID high beam is not such bad idea. Even though it does not achieve the highest output immediately, the adequate initial intensity with its beam pattern, can actually flash effectively. I know most people have no use of HID high beam most of the time. But for people who have to drive in remote mountain road at night, it is quite a nice thing to have.
And you are right about the 300x better looking factor.
Steve

I finally installed my WhiteNSX's (Stephen) kit. I bought it last year for my b-day and didn't have time to install it until last weekend.

I am still stunned at the quality and price....worked like clock work and the instructions were outstanding. I'm a critical and rather stingy with praise: However, Stephen did his homework and executed an excellent product.

I give this kit a 10 rating to "BUY"

Now some particulars:
I installed the kit completely under the headlight cover. About 4 zip ties required. Looks good.

The visible beam is very wide. I can see a lot farther too.

I siliconed up the clear white connector wire ends. I don't know what the connector does, but I figured it needed sealing on the wire ends.

My buddy and I bought our kits at the same time. He bought a 5300 and I bought a 6000. I wish I had bought a 5300 too....the 6000 are too purple for my tastes...and I would have saved $20 too! (Stephen recommended the 5300's and I did not listen.)

I would consider a High Beam HID kit....but that is a lot of stuff to put under the headlight cover.

Drew

Am I too late to get in on the HID group buy?

I see that some of the threads are from last yr....

If so, does anyone know where I can get a good deal?

-Happiest NSX driver in the world!!! (just got it 3 days ago)

drew said:
I finally installed my WhiteNSX's (Stephen) kit. I bought it last year for my b-day and didn't have time to install it until last weekend.

I am still stunned at the quality and price....worked like clock work and the instructions were outstanding. I'm a critical and rather stingy with praise: However, Stephen did his homework and executed an excellent product.

I give this kit a 10 rating to "BUY"

Now some particulars:
I installed the kit completely under the headlight cover. About 4 zip ties required. Looks good.

The visible beam is very wide. I can see a lot farther too.

I siliconed up the clear white connector wire ends. I don't know what the connector does, but I figured it needed sealing on the wire ends.

My buddy and I bought our kits at the same time. He bought a 5300 and I bought a 6000. I wish I had bought a 5300 too....the 6000 are too purple for my tastes...and I would have saved $20 too! (Stephen recommended the 5300's and I did not listen.)

I would consider a High Beam HID kit....but that is a lot of stuff to put under the headlight cover.

Drew
Drew,
Thanks for the kind words. I am overwhelmed by your praises. As for the 6000k kit, you need to look at the light at night, outdoors, and after the initial warm up from a distance. The lights appear bluish during daytime and at initial start up but get totally white at night. I too do not like blue or purple HID at all. I have 2 sets of 6000k HID on my own car and they are as white as it can be.
Regards,
Steve

NSXFreak00 said:
Am I too late to get in on the HID group buy?

I see that some of the threads are from last yr....

If so, does anyone know where I can get a good deal?

-Happiest NSX driver in the world!!! (just got it 3 days ago)
Hi,
My HID kits are build on an order by order basis and there was not a group buy before. I will be more than happy to build you a set if you want.
Please let me know.
Regards,
Steve

Back