• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Assortment of OEM NSX wheels

I just upgraded my 92 NSX to 2002+ OEM wheels and I thought I would post up a comparison of the different wheels.

My car came with the 1992 OEM wheels and 1994 OEM wheels.

Original 1992 OEM wheels
2011-021992AcuraNSXOEMWheels000.jpg

1994 OEM wheels in Solaris Silver
2011-021994AcuraNSXOEMWheels-Gunmetal003.jpg

2002+ OEM wheels in BMW Silver (With Tien S.Tech springs and OEM shocks)
2011-062002OEMWheels004.jpg

Last edited:
I had the Solaris Silver wheels on my 1995, and I had an extra set of the 1997-2001 Blades Silver. Blades Silver looks by far the best on a Red NSX IMO.
Excellent comparison though. Thanks for posting this!

Last edited:
I always liked the 2002+ wheels. They are so hard to come by though, and I can't find anyone that makes replicas. I may go with the 97 - 01 wheels.

I've a set of 02+ and they simply look best of all OEM wheels.

Nice comparison.

Thanks for the picture on the tein springs. It's on stock shocks right?
It's definitely a mild drop.

Here's a little variation on mine. Previous owner painted the inside spokes black. I'm not too crazy about it:

DSC_0136.jpg

02 plus wheels will not clear the early front brake calipers.

Nice comparison.

Previous owner painted the inside spokes black

DSC_0136.jpg

I think that is a great idea, can we see more pics of the wheels?

I think that is a great idea, can we see more pics of the wheels?

That actually is the best picture.

When I took it from a distance, they look just like shadows because it's on the inside and you really can't see the difference.

If there's a specific angle that you want, let me know. It's an ordinary oem :biggrin:

I love the 02 wheels. I even like them better than anything aftermarket.

Nice comparison.

Thanks for the picture on the tein springs. It's on stock shocks right?
It's definitely a mild drop.

Here's a little variation on mine. Previous owner painted the inside spokes black. I'm not too crazy about it:

DSC_0136.jpg
Mine are in the same style although not black but dark gray.
They don't look dirt as quick due to brake dust.

02+ wheels are concave, especially in the rear, the spokes extend all the way to the edge, and they look much bigger than they are. Here is a shot of mine, mind you this car is not lowered at all... hope the OP doesn't mind me posting on this thread:

bullet.jpg

+ 99 on the 02+ they look so clean, only wheels that look better IMHO are the BBS's LM's, Advan 5's and Advan RS's

OP just need to lower a bit more (coilovers are the way to go) and ad spacers, I have 25mm's all around, and IMO that improves the look in our cars by 100% .. yet, so simple and OEM, doesn't get better than that.

Oscar

5809732751_930d77cd47_b.jpg

I love the 02+ but I am looking forward for my RS's to come next year!

Oscar your car is one of my fav'es on prime.

OP just need to lower a bit more (coilovers are the way to go) and ad spacers, I have 25mm's all around, and IMO that improves the look in our cars by 100% .. yet, so simple and OEM, doesn't get better than that.

Oscar

I love the 02+ but I am looking forward for my RS's to come next year!

I currently have 15MM front and 25MM on the rear.
I really like the look.

With the roads around here, I don't really want to go any lower.

What kind of spacers are you guys using on your 02 wheels? I have a discussion going on this in the track section. Apparently you can't do the bolt-on 15mm. Are either of you lowered and do you rub at all?

What kind of spacers are you guys using on your 02 wheels? I have a discussion going on this in the track section. Apparently you can't do the bolt-on 15mm. Are either of you lowered and do you rub at all?

For me was a trial and error, first I dropped 1.5 all around ... -my spacers = HR's 25mm all around, the only reason I don't have 15mm's @ the front is because I don't want to do all that work and I get paranoid of having longer studs etc- .... well, lowering, @ 1.5 I was rubbing on holes and bumps, then now I am @ 1.2-1.3 and it is perfect for me, in fact, I never rub no more!

Back