• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

auction prices?

I searched but could not find exactly what I wanted so if there is a thread that I missed please direct and I can look.

Question: Most of us do not have dealer licenses. But is there a way to find out (outside of knowing someone in the biz) auction prices or is there a way to estimate from trade in value?

For example trade in values are transparent on the net (KBB etc.). Obviously those are higher than what a dealer will sell the car for at auction. The question is how much higher?

Thanks.

have multiple friends in the car buiz scince i too usedto be in it. Autions arent selling NSXs any cheaper at all. too be honest 3 diffrent 91-92 with 70-110k miles all did 29-34 at at the auction. that is insane, considering no service history:confused: , no test drive:eek:, cash only. still around 30k. this was at Manheim auto auction in PA. its one of the largest on the nation its so big they have a private landing strip.

Patricio said:
have multiple friends in the car buiz scince i too usedto be in it. Autions arent selling NSXs any cheaper at all. too be honest 3 diffrent 91-92 with 70-110k miles all did 29-34 at at the auction. that is insane, considering no service history:confused: , no test drive:eek:, cash only. still around 30k. this was at Manheim auto auction in PA. its one of the largest on the nation its so big they have a private landing strip.

Buying anything at Manheim is like paying retail. I should now know, I get taken advantage of every friday like clockwork. The upside is the cars are pretty clean, tons of rare and limited edition sport compact cars (which we specialize in) and the Honda Finance sale runs there so I really dont have a choice of not going.

Back