• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

August meet

You folks should all come up to whidbey! Hit up Deception Pass State Park and then get some food somewhere and go for a drive? Who knows, it could work? Could even make it a multi-forum event... I know the Nissan Pacific guys and the EVO guys up here too.

Update for monthly meeting schedule...

Jan -
Feb -NSX-D, Saturday night 7pm (02/02/08) karting at Sykart (Tukwila)
Mar -Sarge
April -NA1/2-R
May -JFowler
Jun -NSXDreamer2
July -Velveeta
Aug -John@microsoft
Sept -NSX#75
Oct -
Nov -
Dec -

Come on - let's get those months filled!

from previous post

That would be correct - John wanted to run the show in August. Not to rain on John's parade, but is anyone interested in the 5th Annual Mt Baker Drive. I have been busy and time has just flown by. If there is enough interest I could put something together for later in the month (August 24th - Sunday). If anybody wants to start a thread over at S2KI.com and see if the S2000 guys are up to it, we could have enough to make it worth while. Over the years we have averaged over 30 cars and the use of the lodge has always been a bonus. Let me know and I'll start an official thread for a car count. There may be a small fee for the lodge use, about $5.00 per car - enough to pay for one of the employees to be around to access the lodge for us - private parking, bathrooms, and a great view while eating. If anybody has photos from the past drives, please post and let's get this thing rolling! Note to John@Microsoft - if you want to roll this drive into your activity, that's fine with me - If you want to organize your own event for the month, that's fine as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0025 copy.jpg
    IMG_0025 copy.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC02173.jpg
    DSC02173.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC02126.jpg
    DSC02126.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
The Fowler's are up for the 24th.:biggrin:

Orphan Boy is welcome to stay at Chateau Fowler. Breakfast is served at 7:30 am with lunch at 1pm and whine is presented with cheese and crackers for taste testing at 5:30pm. Depending on the wardens palet for the evening, dinner could be a display of Italian courses with a hint of meat lovers delight. It all depends on the day and exterior temperature.:biggrin:

Broad PNW NSX community concensus here is what counts... my ideas:

- If the 5th annual up & back from Mt Baker fits, I can defer August to Dean as he has successfully arranged this event in the past with good turn out. Not sure on the last weekend of August thou- popular vacation weekend. Is that the only alternative time slot for the lodge?

- If their is interest in an over-night / weekend event then I have kicked around the idea of the 2nd ever Whistler drive for August. Provided everyone has their paperwork to get across the border... it's been a great, memorable event in the past being a fantastic scenic drive, I have some pictures I can dig up. The gist is it would be a 6hr scenic drive to Whister with a few stops, secured parking, bars/food, nice rooms, and a repeat on the drive back.

We could also potentially arrange both, or if we changed days even tie them together with a smaller "hard core" group moving on. :biggrin:

Let me hear your thoughts.

After skimming the thread; I would propose a poll with each available option and some dates. Ultimately we are limited by attendance/interest/schedules so it would only be fair to put out to everyone.

Personally, the end of summer has been extremely busy for me as I have had a lot of race and track stuff going on lately- so the dates count as to if I could personally make it or not.

Is there any possible way you guys are willing to push this out one week to Sunday the 31st? I too have a commitment on the 24th and I want so badly to attend this drive. Plus it will give more notice for more owners to join, both S2ki and NSX's. I can probably add an additional 4 or 5 NSX's plus 1 or 2 S2k's as well to join. I hope I'm not asking too much, I just don't want to miss out. Thanks in advance.:smile:

Is there any possible way you guys are willing to push this out one week to Sunday the 31st? I too have a commitment on the 24th and I want so badly to attend this drive. Plus it will give more notice for more owners to join, both S2ki and NSX's. I can probably add an additional 4 or 5 NSX's plus 1 or 2 S2k's as well to join. I hope I'm not asking too much, I just don't want to miss out. Thanks in advance.:smile:

I'm hip to the 24th and the thread has already been posted to S2ki.com. No point confusing everyone with a sudden date change.

The 31st is labor day weekend anyway. The 24th is perfect:wink:

I choose the 24th to avoid the end of the month since the 31st is part of Labor day weekend, and I think the 17th is not enough notice. We can always put it to a vote - 24th for me! I am willing to move it to the 31st if there is enough interest, but I think that it will cause some conflicts with Labor Day weekend for most people.

It's the most epic drive ever. You need to make it available. :)

:-D I know, that's why it's killing me not being able to go. :-( The following Sunday would work perfect for me, but I know this can't be changed. BTW, how's that SC workin for ya? I'd love a test drive, hehe.

Anyone have freinds and family referals for me (whoever wants to buy honda or quality used cars? :wink:) So that I could take the Sunday off and not regretting?

I've been Mt. Baker drive every year, and I have to say that every year had been unforgettable experience. This will be the fifth event.

We'll see.

Back