• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Auto NSX Vs. S2000

Well since my NSX is Auto and im not such a drag freak, i thought i'd ask you guys if you know what could be the result of a drag with these 2 cars.

On the other hand, does the overall performance still favor the NSX f its Auto compared to the manual S2000 ?

it is very hard to extract the full performance of a S2000 in a drag race. If you raced against a typical driver, than your NSX should be able to take it. If your race against a very very good driver, it should be a neck to neck. ( thats if your stock of course )

Rolling start Auto NSX will win. Standing start I have not tried.

Rolling start Auto NSX will win. Standing start I have not tried.

+1.....Whoever gets the jump will win (nsx will and can come back).....neck to neck like the poster above stated.....will not be a blow out though.... a car length....Drivers play a great role in this one and how bad they want to win

Last edited:
Depends.

Scenario:

If you have a AP1 running with a NSX-T auto, depend on the driver and also taking in the consideration of how bad the S2k driver wants to win and didn't care about the clutch, it will win. However, after 1/4 mile, the NSX will run all over it.

NSX is more powerful. The 4 banger just doesn't do it for the S2000 in a drag race. The S2000's sweet spot is between 30 MPH and 80 MPH in 2nd and 3rd gear. After that, the car kind of dies and before that, you're waiting for VTEC.

NSX is more powerful. The 4 banger just doesn't do it for the S2000 in a drag race. The S2000's sweet spot is between 30 MPH and 80 MPH in 2nd and 3rd gear. After that, the car kind of dies and before that, you're waiting for VTEC.

I currently own an s2000 and this summation seems pretty bang on.

I currently own an s2000 and this summation seems pretty bang on.

Yea, I owned two and knew when I could and couldn't mess with some one. If the road was not too curvy where we went below 30 MPH and not too straight where we could get past 80 MPH then I had a chance. Too curvy and the torque monsters would eat me alive and too straight and the V6 and V8's would run me down.

an Auto nsx .. humm sounds like almost even with a bith of advantage for the S2k untill 120 (IF a good driver/healthy engine on the S) after 120 the S2k is history ,,,, but all depends the driver, i have had many runs for "fun" with nsx's and normally NA1's are not that far ahead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5diwzSHzk7Y

I don't think i ever encounter a AT though ,,,, but yeah, after 120 even with a good driver and the top up, a stock S2k will get walked no questions ...

I know many of S2k owners and what i can see is that only a minority of owners really know how to launch and extract the best of the F20C since is hard to go from 6.5K to 9K on Vtec ..
OScar

note: my top was down
Note 2: On the Looks the NSX hands down ..

For what it’s worth, I did a couple of runs up to the speed limit one night in my AT NSX against an S2000, and was able to pull away.
We didn’t get too wild and wooly, though. We both had our girls in the car.

Back