• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Auto to manual ?

OK... So i've been thinking about this for a while and wanted to know if anyone here has converted his car from auto to manual...

If so, can you guys plaease give me an idea on how hard it is to work on ? list of parts we need to change and last but not least cost !?

Thank you for everyone that can help out here! Cheers.

OK... So i've been thinking about this for a while and wanted to know if anyone here has converted his car from auto to manual...

If so, can you guys plaease give me an idea on how hard it is to work on ? list of parts we need to change and last but not least cost !?

Thank you for everyone that can help out here! Cheers.

Yes, there was a conversion done... do a search.
I remembered a long list of part needed.
Time and cost, bet its less of a headache if you try to find a manual NSX.

I agree with IsR, its not worth the cost and time, there's alot different between the two besides the transmission...the console, shifter, various electronics, instrument panel, etc, and of course you'll have less horsepower than with a car that started as a manual, regardless of which year.

With plenty of manual NSXs out there for sale, you should be able to find what you want and save the headaches.

Also, a few of us think the value of the car will be lowered if you ever try to sell it, sorta like a salvage titled car, even though its been completely and correctly "fixed", it still carries that stigma of a major change that was not done at the factory.

Last edited:
i guess u guys are right... however i look at it its not worth it but the low end torque which is NULL is killing me... off the line the car is really depressing.. anyone know anything that can help ?

there's a video online somewhere were Japanese tuners talk about the great advantages of taking a AT nsx and converting to MT, engine has less wear over the years since it wasn't pushed to it's limits giving more potential for good numbers with mods .. one thing is for sure, AT vs MT is a day/night difference .... i wouldn't trade for the same price my S2k for a AT nsx (unless i had to to the conversion) but then again, $$ is a factor, you might better trade your AT for a MT nsx IMO a AT nsx it's for a person that want to DD his nsx and look good ...
OScar

auto nsx is 3.0L engine for all the yrs. HP is like 250. not worthy. i thought about the same on my 2000 auto prelude before. convert AT to MT. not a worth. but if your auto nsx is DD, does it really make sense? or u just feel better with MT. i personally dont feel anything different. i even feel annoying to shift 4-5 times if i have to stop completely and make a launch again. i always drive slower than those camry or corolla. LOL. some of them will just try to pass me

there's a video online somewhere were Japanese tuners talk about the great advantages of taking a AT nsx and converting to MT, engine has less wear over the years since it wasn't pushed to it's limits giving more potential for good numbers with mods .. one thing is for sure, AT vs MT is a day/night difference .... i wouldn't trade for the same price my S2k for a AT nsx (unless i had to to the conversion) but then again, $$ is a factor, you might better trade your AT for a MT nsx IMO a AT nsx it's for a person that want to DD his nsx and look good ...
OScar

NOOO. although nsx is AT, i will get it if it's in yellow color. it is much better in looking than a s2000.

Another reason for those Japanese tuners to convert from AT to Manual is because they can choose a 6 speed and they like the PS.

Sweet Chuck from OZ has done AT to MT conversion.. he bought the whole NSX Manual halfcut..

Ok guyus but if i were to keep it Auto, is there any mod. or tune that can kick up the low end torque ?

Comptech Supercharger will do that, at the risk of decreased transmission life.

Ok guyus but if i were to keep it Auto, is there any mod. or tune that can kick up the low end torque ?

I have tried I/H/E with my automatic

Intake---Loss Hp Down Low

Headers --- Loss tq down low

Exh --- Sounded faster--I think the weight made more the diff....

PROSPEED ECU--- Car held gears longer---Higher rev point

TQ Conv ---- made the car drive more like a modern stick....If you drove an BMW before....U know what I mean....Shifts stronger...pulls harder

Just notice you're in Lebanon, it's cool to have a fellow NSXer from that part of the world!!!

hehe thx VANCEHU yea there are 4 NSXs here in Leb and alooooooooot of other supercars... would the taitec GTLW make any diff ? since it would decrease weight... would it sound nice on auto ?

Back