• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AWD Cars and Wheels question

I think this sums up my point pretty well. Without a broad sample of owners, the surveys are unreliable.

This is pointless because you've now made it clear that you don't understand the survey or the brand that you are pissing on at all.

The sample size is the same for each make and model and the data is displayed by complaints per hundred vehicles.

Last edited:
You will not believe it if I told you.

(hint) They are stock wheels for a Korean car. :biggrin:

edit: here's a better view of them:

5541264635_45b021f64c_b.jpg

Genesis Coupe?
hyundai_genesis_coupe_0_430.jpg

This is pointless because you've now made it clear that you don't understand the survey or the brand that you are pissing on at all.

The sample size is the same for each make and model and the data is displayed by complaints per hundred vehicles.

I understand the surveys just fine. The sample size is not the same for each car. They adjust the numbers/100 cars to account for that. They do not get the same number of survey responses for a BMW 7 Series that they get for a Toyota Corolla. So no, the sample size is not the same for each make and model, regardless of how bad you want it to be.

Furthermore I am not "pissing" on the Lexus brand. I actually like the brand. I said I didn't care for some interior materials and feelings, that is just my opinion and I apologize if you were deeply offended. But you should really grow some thicker skin.

It is obvious you prefer Lexus seeing as you have owned multiple cars. It is obvious I like Audis as I have owned multiple cars. You stick with Lexus, I'll stick with Audi. Happy motoring!

Genesis Coupe?
hyundai_genesis_coupe_0_430.jpg

Close, but those aren't the same wheels. The giveaway is that on the Genesis, the where the spokes touch the rim, the spokes flatten out much wider. On the Lexus, the spokes don't flatten out nearly as much. Also the gap between the two spokes on the Genesis is clearly much tighter than on the Lexus, where the gap is much larger. But they are very close though!

Close, but those aren't the same wheels. The giveaway is that on the Genesis, the where the spokes touch the rim, the spokes flatten out much wider. On the Lexus, the spokes don't flatten out nearly as much. Also the gap between the two spokes on the Genesis is clearly much tighter than on the Lexus, where the gap is much larger. But they are very close though!

Tough crowd, sorry here you go.
2009-hyundai-genesis-coupe-r-spec1.jpg

5541264635_45b021f64c_b.jpg

I understand the surveys just fine. The sample size is not the same for each car. They adjust the numbers/100 cars to account for that. They do not get the same number of survey responses for a BMW 7 Series that they get for a Toyota Corolla. So no, the sample size is not the same for each make and model, regardless of how bad you want it to be. !

You are entitled to your opinion...however wrong it may be.

You had no idea what the survey entailed or meant so it follows that you have no idea how it is executed.

...that is just my opinion and I apologize if you were deeply offended. But you should really grow some thicker skin.

It isn't opinions that are annoying. What is are people who have no idea what they are talking about who try and argue. :wink:

It is obvious you prefer Lexus seeing as you have owned multiple cars. It is obvious I like Audis as I have owned multiple cars. You stick with Lexus, I'll stick with Audi. Happy motoring!

Sounds like a plan! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Alright, since this is your post I will continue the debate.

You are entitled to your opinion...however wrong it may be.

You had no idea what the survey entailed or meant so it follows that you have no idea how it is executed.

So JDP administers an optional survey. Some owners choose to fill it out. When the survey comes back, they tabulate the results, adjust the problems reported per/100 vehicles so the reader can compare between cars. What part of that execution am I misunderstanding?

Furthermore this sort of optional survey method would never stand up in a professional statistics/math environment and any conclusion based off of it would be invalid.

It isn't opinions that are annoying. What is are people who have no idea what they are talking about who try and argue. :wink:

I have no idea about my own opinion? I can see that you are one of those people who feels the need to make sure everyone agrees with you or else they are wrong/annoying/ignorant/and so on.

Its funny because although I am not a fan of the way the interior of a Lexus(besides the LS) feels, that isn't even my biggest complaint about the brand.

Alright, since this is your post I will continue the debate.

So JDP administers an optional survey. Some owners choose to fill it out. When the survey comes back, they tabulate the results, adjust the problems reported per/100 vehicles so the reader can compare between cars. What part of that execution am I misunderstanding?

Furthermore this sort of optional survey method would never stand up in a professional statistics/math environment and any conclusion based off of it would be invalid.

I have no idea about my own opinion? I can see that you are one of those people who feels the need to make sure everyone agrees with you or else they are wrong/annoying/ignorant/and so on.

Its funny because although I am not a fan of the way the interior of a Lexus(besides the LS) feels, that isn't even my biggest complaint about the brand.

I think the point that is trying to be made here; much like my own. . . .is that 'ownership' doesn't come with drawbacks. It's hit or miss with every Audi owner. It's hit or miss with every BMW owner. This is not the case with Lexus owners. This is precisely what the survey does not prove, but reaffirms.

I think the point that is trying to be made here; much like my own. . . .is that 'ownership' doesn't come with drawbacks. It's hit or miss with every Audi owner. It's hit or miss with every BMW owner. This is not the case with Lexus owners. This is precisely what the survey does not prove, but reaffirms.

I can see your point. I think some of that has to do with the much more rigorous and essential maintenance of Audis, like timing belt services, that a lot of owners neglect and then when there timing belt snaps are all over consumer reports and the internet complaining about how there Audi has all these problems and is so expensive to fix.

Here are some pics.

Went from this....

DSC04431.jpg

DSC04432.jpg

to this...

DSC04447.jpg

DSC04448.jpg

Still a work in progress...my coilovers are in the mail...should look better with about a 1.5inch drop. :tongue:

Yeah, I like those wheels. Good work, just get those coilovers on ASAP!!

A very subtle change, but a nice one.

Thanks. Want to keep the car as clean looking as possible.

Problem is that this model comes with monster truck wheel gap and pretty, yet uninspiring wheels. :frown:

Yeah, I like those wheels. Good work, just get those coilovers on ASAP!!

Tell me about it. Holy wheel gap.

I also need to get my lexus center caps fabbed to fit the new wheels.

Last edited:
Got the coilovers on yesterday after work.

5 hour job with no air tools and no floorjack. :eek:

DSC04455.jpg

DSC04452.jpg

Looks great! Any rubbing issues to note?

The fronts rubbed the fender liner on both driver and passenger fronts when I turned the wheel (2) locks. I noticed this right after I put the wheels on and before I lowered it.

DSC04446.jpg

Lowering got rid of a lot of the rubbing, as it raised the outermost section of the tire parallel to my fender liner relative to the car. However it still rubs occasionally. I'm going to take a heat gun to the fender liner when I get a chance.

On the freeway at speed, lowering has also caused the front tires to occasionally rub the top of the wheel well when coming off a dip in the road. I adjusted the dampening on the springs and it helped, but didn't solve it. So- I'm going to have to raise the fronts slightly. Again, I'll do that when I get the next chance. It's supposed to rain here all week. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back