• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bad Ass Sunglasses thread!

Clics makes really useful, good-quality glasses that have integrated bands and magnetic front-closures.

Try this link to get to their site. While you're there, check out the Goggles link. I know several motorcyclists that swear by them.

Clics used to make sunglasses with a brushed aluminum frame. I have a pair, and always thought they would appeal to the aluminum-loving NSX enthusiasts.

Oakley and Spy fan here as well.

Current:
Oakley A Wire
Oakley E Wire
Spy Astro (white)
Spy Astro (grey)

Stepping out today to buy some Gascan's...just love them!

In the drawer:
Oakley O Wire? Large size and bent
Oakley Frogskins
Oakley Razor Blades (small size)
Oakley A Frame Boarding Goggles (Green w.Red/Orange Iridium lens)

Parasite Morphine sunglasses:

http://www.parasite-eyewear.com/en-home.php

Parasite Eye wear from France
$265
morphine-boy.jpg

Parasite Shakra
$342
shakra-girl.jpg

I have a set of Chrome Hearts Moorehead with black ebony wood temples like these though not as expensive as these white and gold models, they still run about $2k. They use Carl Zeiss lenses but the main cost is in the name and exotic materials and workmanship. The GF sports a set of pink Little Red Riots with rubies, one lens has a crack and we gotta get it fixed when we're back in the states. Support at Optica has always been outstanding when you buy sunglasses like these.

Thanks for the link- never saw Kaenon before, but i completed the guide and I like to look of some of those glasses- now to find a retailer (or wholesaler)

P

Anytime.

http://www.google.com/products?q=kaenon&hl=en&scoring=p

When I first got the Kaenon the cheapest place was here: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear...currentPage=&ip_sortBy=&searchKeywords=kaenon

That was almost 2 years ago.

I've been outta the loop since.

I went to a local store that sells nothing but high end sunglasses. They carried Maui Jim, Tag, kaenon, etc.

The Tag and Maui had better frames. U can see the workmanship and materials that they used, but the lens from both Maui an Tag were too dark for a seamless transition from sun to shadows.

That is where Revos and Kaenon kills the competition. They are more focused on not only protecting you against the harmful elements, but making it so that u can see. To me that's paramount over the $$$ they put in fancy frames.

over 80% of what you experience in life is via ur eyes......

Oakley Sunglass Radar Path Anti-Freeze frames Jade lens limited edition I got lucky and found them in maryland in a random sunglass shop on the board walk I come home and go on the oakley site and they were sold out.:cool: Oh! fotgot to mention the frames are almost the same color as anti freeze I took some anti freeze and poured it into a glass and compared the colors its very close. The picture doesnt do them justice.

I also bought the same style in black I think my lenses are darker tho I just got these at a sunglass hut at a mall in PA both glasses were a little over 200.

I should get a silver set to match the NSX. lol

Attachments

• glasses green.jpg
    glasses green.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 131
  • sunglasses black.jpg
    sunglasses black.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
for that price, does it come with x-ray vision? If so, i like one.................to play poker :)

I have a set of Chrome Hearts Moorehead with black ebony wood temples like these though not as expensive as these white and gold models, they still run about $2k. They use Carl Zeiss lenses but the main cost is in the name and exotic materials and workmanship. The GF sports a set of pink Little Red Riots with rubies, one lens has a crack and we gotta get it fixed when we're back in the states. Support at Optica has always been outstanding when you buy sunglasses like these.

Check out www.summitshade.com for great prices on Kaenon Polarized sunglasses. 20% OFF
Located in Denver Colorado
Denver Sunglasses

Anytime.

http://www.google.com/products?q=kaenon&hl=en&scoring=p

When I first got the Kaenon the cheapest place was here: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear...currentPage=&ip_sortBy=&searchKeywords=kaenon

That was almost 2 years ago.

I've been outta the loop since.

I went to a local store that sells nothing but high end sunglasses. They carried Maui Jim, Tag, kaenon, etc.

The Tag and Maui had better frames. U can see the workmanship and materials that they used, but the lens from both Maui an Tag were too dark for a seamless transition from sun to shadows.

That is where Revos and Kaenon kills the competition. They are more focused on not only protecting you against the harmful elements, but making it so that u can see. To me that's paramount over the $$$ they put in fancy frames.

over 80% of what you experience in life is via ur eyes......

Sorry to hear that.

that sounds like the Prelude guy that thinks his car is the best............ and never test drove a NSX.

Well, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. There is nothing wrong with feeling like whatever you have is the best....maybe it is the best that person can afford or can justify spending. Won't a Prelude and the NSX get you to the same place?
I personally can't see how someone can spend that much $$$ on a pair of glasses that can get lost just as quickly as a pair that cost $5. However, if they have the means($$$) to get them, and that is what they want and aren't hurting anyone or anything in the process, then by all means get them. I probably could afford them but realize that there are more important things for me to spend my income on.
I have a couple of pair of glasses that are polarized that I bought while attending a football game last year. I spent ~$20 on both pair including tax. Are they some name brand? No. Are they made of some exotic material, yes if you consider plastic exotic:biggrin:. Will I get mad when/if I lose a pair of them. No.
To each his own.

The mark up on sunglasses are rediculious. You can buy a box of knock offs here wholesale for 20 bucks a dozen. Unless there polarized the UV lens are probably the same on the $5 pair as well as the $300.

There is a difference in lens materials between the knock-offs and the name brands. I'm not saying it justifies the price some manufacturers charge, but to me I want to put the best lenses in front of my face that I can.

Hey KingofNewYork, what new(er) Revo's have you acquired or come across that are of interest? I'm a big Revo'guy, but haven't gotten anything this millennium! :eek:

Yay to viral subject/thread topics on car enthusiast forums/boards on the inter-webz! :D

Could be worse, it could be like FerrariChat (ie. I bought brand "xxx" boxers from "xxx" while sipping on "xxx" & smoking a "xxx" in my "xxx" w/ "xxx" and "xxx" at "xxx" during "xxx", etc'... blah-bla-bha! xxx = name dropping)

Revo has always produced great products, but be aware they were just bought out by Oakley/Luxottica. The entire collection that Revo produced pre-sale has been discontinued. I have not seen any of the new models or any tests on them to determine if quality has been changed/sacrificed in the buy-out.

I prefer Ray-Ban with glass lens. Old skool clubmaster works great for me. Good investment since I owned it for 15yrs and it's never out of style.

$90-$140.

sunglassesgiant_2021_200569591

glass is always a good choice (other than weight). Optical clarity is great, and glass is the bar against which all others are judged in regards to scratch resistance.

Only mineral glass for me. Ray ban will do nicely, but there's others which do mineral only. I prefer good vision to looking cool. If all fail, i will edge my mineral glasses in a frame i like, coz i'm in optics :tongue:

What do you do in the optics industry? I'm the IT manager for an optical lab in the midwest. It's always nice to talk to others in the industry (even if not talking shop).

Oh, and I'm a Serengeti whore. I have a couple pair already, and will be picking up a new pair in the coming weeks.

....Revo has always produced great products, but be aware they were just bought out by Oakley/Luxottica. The entire collection that Revo produced pre-sale has been discontinued. I have not seen any of the new models or any tests on them to determine if quality has been changed/sacrificed in the buy-out......glass is always a good choice (other than weight). Optical clarity is great, and glass is the bar against which all others are judged in regards to scratch resistance......

I think Revo's been owned by Luxxotica of Italy for a few years already. Their glass quality has remained unchanged. BUt since Lux. bought Oakley Revo's polycarbonate lens was suppose to have improved according to a few sales reps that I have spoken to at Sunglass HUt, the retail side that Lux owns.

......I personally can't see how someone can spend that much $$$ on a pair of glasses that can get lost just as quickly as a pair that cost $5. However, if they have the means($$$) to get them, and that is what they want and aren't hurting anyone or anything in the process, then by all means get them. I probably could afford them but realize that there are more important things for me to spend my income on.
I have a couple of pair of glasses that are polarized that I bought while attending a football game last year. I spent ~$20 on both pair including tax. Are they some name brand? No. Are they made of some exotic material, yes if you consider plastic exotic:biggrin:. Will I get mad when/if I lose a pair of them. No.
To each his own.

I have never lost any of my sunglasses. The more you spend on something the more you will be cognizant of it. In this case, where the sunglasses are. Quality sunglasses do offer more protection, better clarity, and virtually no lens distortion.

I have never lost any of my sunglasses. The more you spend on something the more you will be cognizant of it. In this case, where the sunglasses are. Quality sunglasses do offer more protection, better clarity, and virtually no lens distortion.

+1

I still have pairs that date back to 2000. (Spy Viktor, and Oakley Square Wire are my 2 oldest) I have never "lost" a pair of sunglasses- broken them yes, but lost? No.

P

I just got a pair of Spy sunglasses last week the fit well, are polarized and excellent for driving.
31gvymXA64L._SS500_.jpg

Back