• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bad Seller Warning

BAD SELLER WARNING:

I'm writing this to warn other members of the NSX community about my recent dealings with Jason Ames.

I bought the gauge cluster from him. I believe he initially bought it from JohnWayne in this link: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/201899-2004-Instrument-Cluster-17996-Miles

This is the same cluster because the mileage is the same and he sent me pictures from this post on Messenger.

He took a picture with my name tag on it before I paid him. I Paypaled him as a standard purchase. Then this is where it all went south. He took 2 weeks to ship the cluster to me and provide me with a tracking number. Then the cluster I received had parts removed from it. The light, top white panel bracket, metal brackets, and the trip meter knob were missing.

I was concerned and had the cluster installed by my mechanic to make sure it was even working. The indicator panel where the the check engine line and lights were installed incorrectly. The check engine light was green so I knew the panel was reversed. This gave me reason to believe he disassembled the cluster, took what he needed and shipped the rest to me.

I'm out $200 for the labor to the technician, but I don't want him to sell this faulty cluster to anyone else.

I have pictures and a video of the cluster missing stuff and not functioning correctly.

Best regards,

Viet

No, I did not.

If this is not allowed. Please it lock it. I just wanted to warn others to proceed with caution.

Bought it off NSX Prime member when I posted a WTB ad on NSX Prime Facebook.

No, I did not.

If this is not allowed. Please it lock it. I just wanted to warn others to proceed with caution.

Bought it off NSX Prime member when I posted a WTB ad on NSX Prime Facebook.

Not a problem. I always try to protect members who transact business on this Prime (the real prime) but if people want to do business on Facebook then bad deals are more likely to happen because there is no oversight.

Back