• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBS LM Style wheels installed!

20829724937154.jpg

What a sick joke. Hahaha.

Wow the fake ones fail the exact same way the real ones do! :rolleyes:
Replica to the T!!! :biggrin:
BBS_Center_Fail1276715717.jpg

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-autocross-track-racing/548346-wtb-bbs-6015-centers-x-2-a.html

HKS you must really want a set of these rims so bad since you created a new account on this forum April 2012 and most of your post is on this thread. LOL

I have an extra set just say so..:smile:

I just happened to come across this thread (since it's a newer thread) and I'm hoping there aren't any others like this. It's bad enough for Civics to be rolling on fake weak wheels, and now an NSX??? C'MAAAAN!

I just happened to come across this thread (since it's a newer thread) and I'm hoping there aren't any others like this. It's bad enough for Civics to be rolling on fake weak wheels, and now an NSX??? C'MAAAAN!

Dude, really? Give me any wheels by any manufactur and I can garuntee you I can break them. My friend snapped his volks off at the hubs on his 240...he hit a guard rail at 60 mph but it does happen. Showing pics of broken cheap wheels proves jackshit.

We Fakin' the Funk! :biggrin:
(So much so, I'm going to update my signature).

Dude, really? Give me any wheels by any manufactur and I can garuntee you I can break them. My friend snapped his volks off at the hubs on his 240...he hit a guard rail at 60 mph but it does happen. Showing pics of broken cheap wheels proves jackshit.

Yes, all wheels can break under extreme conditions. Break a Volk wheel at 60mph or break a fakie at 5mph. I just find it amusing that one would be so cheap when buying wheels for this car.

Wow the fake ones fail the exact same way the real ones do! :rolleyes:
Replica to the T!!! :biggrin:
BBS_Center_Fail1276715717.jpg

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-autocross-track-racing/548346-wtb-bbs-6015-centers-x-2-a.html

Just saw your post right now for some reason. This reminds me of the HRE debate that went on where people said HRE wheels were banned from some event because they were breaking.

To each his own, but what a way to raise the bar for the rest of NSX owners/reputation flossin' fake wheels.

To each his own, but what a way to raise the bar for the rest of NSX owners/reputation flossin' fake wheels.

Thanks, I replaced my Work wheels with similar LM Reps!
You should definitely try it, the feeling is so liberating!

Last edited:

images.jpg

Yeah, its sad. SAY NO TO FAKES!!!

IMAG1068.jpg

went from work vsxx's to lm replicas on my bros is250. couldnt be happier. Sold the works with one bent rim for $1200, picked up some brand new lms for $400

Its no different than people running VIS, Seibon, DF, etc parts on their car. I wonder why people are so sensitive to replcias when its about wheels.

I can understand the reasoning of those who despise running replicas. The quality of car should require a quality wheel. The car was built to the highest standards and should not be degraded.

On the other hand:

Not everyone prioritizes towards spending bling bling cash and would rather have a nice looking wheel rather than shelling out the larger portion of cash or waiting period and would just like to have them now.

I can remember when I first bought the NSX, I felt it needed to keep quality of car up which required a higher standard than cast wheel IE: forged mono block, custom etc. I had purchased wheels back then I felt a normal tuner car would not move towards shelling out money for wheels 3k++. In todays age those civics/integras/subis/evos/VW etc etc many of us grass rooted from are purchasing them and the rolls seem to reverse for some, in some cases not.

I would say buy at your means not beyond it. If original is your cup of tea go for it, if replica look a likes satisfy then go for it. Remember everyone has opinions and preferences like A$$holes! The NSX crowd does seem to get younger and younger (not all). New trends and ideas!

I personally don't care what parts people put on their cars, because in the end it's their money and their car, and they can do whatever they want.

That being said, I will try to explain as clearly as possible as to why I am against replicas and will only put genuine products on my car.

Keep in mind, I worked in the JDM part importing business, so I have an insider's perspective as to what knockoffs do to the industry.

Stated frankly, knockoffs stifle innovation. It may seem a bit of a bogus statement, but it's true.

I've personally taked to Powerhouse Amuse (a very big tuner in Japan), and they told me that they have axed plans on making body kits for certain cars because they know the kit will be knocked off immediately after it's produced.

Just think about it this way. Amuse has to do the R&D, pay money to design the kit, make the molds, and produce the kit. All a knockoff company has to do is buy one kit and make a mold, and start producing from there. Amuse takes a huge risk and capital investment to produce something, and a knockoff company just reaps the benefits. In the end, it's the legit shops that are getting totally screwed by knockoffs. Soon, knockoff companies won't have anything to knock off.

Sure, BBS is a large company and will most likely survive even if knockoffs do exist. That being said, by sporting fake wheels, you're saying it's OK to support knockoff products, which are essentially killing the industry, if you think so or not.

Another way to look at it is, knockoff companies steal designs. I personally think thieves are on the lowest tier of low.

I look at my vehicles as an extension of myself. When I look at my cars I can feel proud that they represent the best image of the vision that I planned for my cars. If I want a certain look, I will wait, for years even, until I can afford to purchase the genuine piece. I am a person of patience and quality, and it shows through the cars I build.

I take great pride in everything I do, including my car builds, and I am definitely proud to support the genuine creators and innovators of a design, rather than just trying to get the look for the lowest price.

I understand that what I've written can come off as preachy, but please look at it as a new perspective as to why knockoff products are actually really bad for this industry that we love.

Hmmmmmm a Ferrari owner pretty much explained the difference between a nsx and a Ferrari close to the same way...he saw the nsx as nothing more than as a wanna be ferrari!!!

Geee How many times have we heard that comparison?

I respect your decision and see where your coming from but in the end that just how it work!!

Zaid

I personally don't care what parts people put on their cars, because in the end it's their money and their car, and they can do whatever they want.

That being said, I will try to explain as clearly as possible as to why I am against replicas and will only put genuine products on my car.

Keep in mind, I worked in the JDM part importing business, so I have an insider's perspective as to what knockoffs do to the industry.

Stated frankly, knockoffs stifle innovation. It may seem a bit of a bogus statement, but it's true.

I've personally taked to Powerhouse Amuse (a very big tuner in Japan), and they told me that they have axed plans on making body kits for certain cars because they know the kit will be knocked off immediately after it's produced.

Just think about it this way. Amuse has to do the R&D, pay money to design the kit, make the molds, and produce the kit. All a knockoff company has to do is buy one kit and make a mold, and start producing from there. Amuse takes a huge risk and capital investment to produce something, and a knockoff company just reaps the benefits. In the end, it's the legit shops that are getting totally screwed by knockoffs. Soon, knockoff companies won't have anything to knock off.

Sure, BBS is a large company and will most likely survive even if knockoffs do exist. That being said, by sporting fake wheels, you're saying it's OK to support knockoff products, which are essentially killing the industry, if you think so or not.

Another way to look at it is, knockoff companies steal designs. I personally think thieves are on the lowest tier of low.

I look at my vehicles as an extension of myself. When I look at my cars I can feel proud that they represent the best image of the vision that I planned for my cars. If I want a certain look, I will wait, for years even, until I can afford to purchase the genuine piece. I am a person of patience and quality, and it shows through the cars I build.

I take great pride in everything I do, including my car builds, and I am definitely proud to support the genuine creators and innovators of a design, rather than just trying to get the look for the lowest price.

I understand that what I've written can come off as preachy, but please look at it as a new perspective as to why knockoff products are actually really bad for this industry that we love.

Apple products are knocked off like crazy in China... they seem to be doing ok..:confused:

Very well said.. I admire you for being honest about your opinion.
Can you please name atleast a few here in the forum (US) who has a real nsx-r hood, nsx-r wing? How about the real deal-NSXR car? Hmmmm....none? How about the NSXR replicas or NSXR style parts and cars? Too many to count?

Okay the truth is not all of us are as passionate as you are...we may have other priorities than spending thousands $$$ of hard earned money on a hobby or sports...we all have different priorities in life...

If you're happy dropping $10k on a real nsx-r hood then I'm happy for you..if someone decides to get a seibon hood then it's fine by me too...if your car is a garage queen then buy a $10k set of wheels ..i like to drive my car on every Canyon Run - I may look for something practical and inexpensive...but that's me! I work hard for my money and I should be able to spend it the way It satisfy my needs..

My point is - I can't justify spending money on the real NSXR - but I've always wanted one so thus the NSX-R sticker on my replica NSXR wing...;)

Last edited:
Henry I believe Tom has all the real deal on
His nsx-r conversion :biggrin:

Zaid

Can you please name atleast a few here in the forum (US) who has a real nsx-r hood, nsx-r wing? How about the real deal-NSXR car? Hmmmm....none??

Okay the truth is not all of us are as passionate as you are...I have other priorities than spending thousands $$$ of hard earned money on a hobby or sports...we all have different priorities in life...

If you're happy dropping $10k on a real nsx-r hood then I'm happy for you..if someone decides to get a seibon hood then it's fine by me too...if you're car is a garage queen then buy a $10k set of wheels ..i like to drive my car on every Canyon Run - I may look for something practical and inexpensive...but that's me! I work hard for my money and I should be able to spend it the way It satisfy my needs..

My point is - I can't justify spending money on the real NSXR - but I've always wanted one so thus the NSX-R sticker on my replica NSXR wing...;)

Can you please name atleast a few here in the forum (US) who has a real nsx-r hood, nsx-r wing? How about the real deal-NSXR car? Hmmmm....none? How about the NSXR replicas or NSXR style parts and cars? Too many to count?

Okay the truth is not all of us are as passionate as you are...we may have other priorities than spending thousands $$$ of hard earned money on a hobby or sports...we all have different priorities in life...

If you're happy dropping $10k on a real nsx-r hood then I'm happy for you..if someone decides to get a seibon hood then it's fine by me too...if your car is a garage queen then buy a $10k set of wheels ..i like to drive my car on every Canyon Run - I may look for something practical and inexpensive...but that's me! I work hard for my money and I should be able to spend it the way It satisfy my needs..

And that's exactly why I don't preach what I believe, because in the end it is your car and your money. Not everybody thinks the same, which is why I wanted to throw my way of thinking into the hat. I just wanted to articulate why I personally don't put replica products on my cars.

A lot of times, when replica discussions come about, it's always people saying dumb stuff like "knockoffs suck!" without really having an opinion as to why they dislike them.

10k definitely is a lot for just a hood, so I can certainly understand why people would get a Seibon hood instead. Really, nobody in their right minds would pay that much unless they were truly baller. That's one of the reasons why I probably won't ever get the NSXR hood.

Hi Phryxis,

After seeing photos of your white NSX-R and your last post..now I'm so confused :confused:

Are those nsx-r parts actually replicas??:confused:
IMG0464-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Back