• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBS LM Style wheels installed!

Your car. Your choice.

The title of the thread is BBS LM "style" so I think the op is more interested in the bling factor. They look good...point achieved.

Would I rock them? No, but I'm bias. :wink:

im a faker too :eek:

Attachments

• 20120426_194720[1].jpg
    20120426_194720[1].jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 3,183
  • 20120426_195133[1].jpg
    20120426_195133[1].jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 347
I don't agree. I've spent a lot of time on forums, and as long as you can give well thought out explanations as to why knockoffs are bad and bad for the industry, some people will change their minds. I mean, back in the day, I had a replica Mugen wing on my Prelude, and it wasn't until I got genuine Mugen side skirts that I realized how much better real stuff is. So, thoughts do change.

The people actively posting in this thread might not change their minds, but for every active poster, there are 30 quiet lurkers. If I can change the mind of even 1 person, then it is a good thing.

Good point! Actually, I agree. My point was the hard-nosed people who really don't care about the aftermarket industry and just want the "look," are gonna stick to their guns. They will argue to death that "it doesn't matter, wheels X are just as good, etc. On the other side of the coin, others like us will continue to support and push for the legitimate aftermarket industry.

A few months ago a guy on my local forum was asking what people thought about Varrosteon wheels. He liked the style and was pretty new to modding. After we told him they were replicas, pointed out the differences, etc. He then decided to get TE37's. I guess we did make a difference. :biggrin:

A few months ago a guy on my local forum was asking what people thought about Varrosteon wheels. He liked the style and was pretty new to modding. After we told him they were replicas, pointed out the differences, etc. He then decided to get TE37's. I guess we did make a difference. :biggrin:

Where's the Like button :)

If you think about it, if you change the mind of one person, that person has the potential to change the mind of more people, and it's exponential from there.

That reminds me of me back in the day! Then I circled back around and decide to go replicas.. then I go legit... then replicas, then legit.
Right now I'm on replicas... Supporting both sides of industry! WOOT!!

Can someone explain to me why low cost replicas hurt the real company? Have their been studies to show that this is, in fact, true?

To me, it seems like fake LV handbags. Girls know which are real, and which are fake, but does it really hurt LV? The people that buy fake LVs know they're buying fakes and they probably can't afford to buy the real thing anyway. So it's not like LV lost any potential clients.

Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong..

I guess I only know my own case in particular.. I would have never bought the real BBS LMs anyway. I don't like the design enough to pay 6 times the price nor do I think the extra benefits of strength are needed for a cruising set of 18/19. (I mean, seriously, do I really need a forged set of wheels, when the offsets are so extreme that I rub on just the slightest hard turn and suspension loading? And btw, the tires are Ultra High Performance, so they aren't even that sticky?)

Can someone explain to me why low cost replicas hurt the real company? Have their been studies to show that this is, in fact, true?

To me, it seems like fake LV handbags. Girls know which are real, and which are fake, but does it really hurt LV? The people that buy fake LVs know they're buying fakes and they probably can't afford to buy the real thing anyway. So it's not like LV lost any potential clients.

Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong..

I guess I only know my own case in particular.. I would have never bought the real BBS LMs anyway. I don't like the design enough to pay 6 times the price nor do I think the extra benefits of strength are needed for a cruising set of 18/19. (I mean, seriously, do I really need a forged set of wheels, when the offsets are so extreme that I rub on just the slightest hard turn and suspension loading? And btw, the tires are Ultra High Performance, so they aren't even that sticky?)

Adrian,

This is my line of thinking too. Very well said!

I'm just amazed how the very same people who are against replicas and claiming that it hurt the real companies are actually sporting replica NSX-R parts. Go figure! Should I say "faking the fakers"?

Last edited:
You have me confused with another member :)

This is my NSX, actually just got it 2 months ago and have been loving it.

7113155139_6ba3ec2f6b_b.jpg

And since I'm sharing cars, my Prelude (Friend's Type R too), which I've built for 12 years.

6845429981_b1124bbf6e_b.jpg

I was at the drive last Sunday and really enjoyed your car, I'm sure we met (I tried to meet everybody). I think it's very well executed, and looks great!

Phryxis ,

My apologies I thought that was your car in the photo. Now i do remember your car from the meet.Great looking car - I just hope you're not into NSXRs since the real deal parts cost some $$$.

Anyways your prelude looks great! Hope to see it in person one day.

Last edited:
I must be supporting the "real" and "fake" wheel companies too. I sport the forged (with an "H" logo) one day and my LM reps another day and my Volks on occasion. It's my passion to sport different wheels and could truly care less what's real or fake. What's the point of having a pair of "real" wheels when I can buy 4 sets for the price of one. I enjoy having 10 pairs of wheels in my garage, real & fake ones. It's about self-expression. I had real LM's on my e46 when I didn't even know what the hype about these wheels were all about--I just thought they were attractive wheels so I bought them. Did I think they were worth it---hell no! Would I have bought reps if they were available then--sure. It wouldn't make any difference to me. Yes I like the bling of the reps--it completes the look of what I want for that given day/time. If I wanted more performance from my car I'd put on my light forged Volks in 17's and 18's. I've got the reals and fakes for what I need them for. Everyone has different priorities. Who is one to judge how another should spend their money. Everyone can have their opinions but should respect others whether they sport real or fake. It's just uncool to antagonize people for something this shallow and a minor facet of an NSXr's life.

Phryxis ,

My apologies I thought that was your car in the photo. Now i do remember your car from the meet.Great looking car - I just hope you're not into NSXRs since the real deal parts cost some $$$.

Anyways your prelude looks great! Hope to see it in person one day.

No worries man! My name's Colin btw.

Thank you, I have really been enjoying the NSX, I was able to get it in my favorite color too :)

I do like NSXRs (I actually have plans on importing one in the future), but with this car, I think there is money better spent than on 6k wings and 10k hoods!

I will have to bring the Prelude out for a drive sometime, it's actually turned into my track car.

6827331350_a8afe9bb8b_b.jpg

Bringing an old post back from the dead to see if those who have purchased these wheels can share updates on quality.
Anyone bending/breaking these wheels?

The only problem with mines, it was defected and had a bunch of little holes causing it to leak slowly, and one of the wheels, most of the plastic bolts broke off from bumps etc. But esm took care of it and sent another wheel along with more plastic replacement bolts.

Back