• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC: drivability effects?

While it's clear the BBSC is the top-of-the tach champ, would any BBSC owners care to comment on how it affects part-throttle drivability, intake sound, and especially whether it affects the razor-sharp throttle response of a n/a NSX motor?

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

I absolutely love my car since it has be enhanced. The everyday drivability hasn't been compromised in any way. My throttle response it very good, although now I find myself testing it ALL the time. LOL
Would highly recommend the system to anybody serious about going that route.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Drivability isn't that different. Early versions of the software had some warm idle hunting issues but those have been eliminated by the newer upgrades. Throttle response is crisp as ever and there is a nice whine from the turbine for your listening pleasure. The only problem I've had so far is with the exhaust fumes. They smell like raw fuel as I've been tuned pretty rich so far and have no cats on my car. Once the fuel curve is smoothed out that should be a non-issue.

As far as drivability .
I have a massive fuel consumtion problem!!!
ALL I WANT TO DO IS DRIVE THE HELL OUT OF IT!!!
Yes it's like falling in love all over again
I can not say enough for MYNSX.
Anything it lacked in need for the grunt power I wanted it has and can "still" be driven very calmly and non-head jerking if you have a coffee on the dash.
I did a music video for my friends band and in it had to do a angry burn-out .
The first take was "it".Great launch and a$$ sliding and swaying as the wheels broke loose and stayed loose.I actually had never laid into it like that prior to the video shoot.Everyone clapped and "the car" humbly took a bow.
PS.. we are running the car fat w/ extra fuel on the original fuel map(the temperature is 100-115)Definatly not optimal conditions for tweaking and running the edge)I will dyno the car w/ the 400 rwhp program Mark supplied me w/ "after" the temperature drops out here in AZ.Possibly the aftercooler we spoke of.
Thank you Mark Basch.

Originally posted by matteni:
Is it safe to run your car so rich with the BBSC? Or is it just wasted fuel?
Get Vinny to tweak the back-pressure, and you'll be shooting flames when you blip for downshifts
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by matteni:
TampaBayNSX-R,

Is it safe to run your car so rich with the BBSC? Or is it just wasted fuel?

Running fat can be harmful to the cats.

It's good to hear the BBSC seems only to improve performance w/o any downsides... Overall it seems to kick some wicked ass!

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Let me guess... What Cats?! Alot of these applications are on modified exhaust with cat bypass/test pipes installed. Mark B. also mentioned that you can tune the BBSC better without cats. This is probably true of most all the FI applications but JMHO on the last statement. And yes the car is a real thrill to drive. I took my friend for a test ride -drive (He owns a nice 97 Cobra Stang with mods) and he was speechless. He's saving money right now to add SC and intercooler to his car so he can attempt to catch up with me. The HP wars never end do they? 97 K-Silver with BBSC

Back