• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bbsc

I am not trying to start anything with the BBSC and Dali but I was just looking at his site and found this......

Dali Racing will not be supporting/selling the BBSC kits until Mark Basch rebuilds or pays for the rebuilding of my two motors blown up during testing of his kit. [Pix on request] Those of you with the Split Second Box or who ever ran the Factor-X Chip/Split Second box combination might consider doing a leak down test - the results of mine were "enlightening"....the pieces of piston frightening.

Now here is what I am thinking, if these 2 were in biz together and it canned his motors is that why he is with SOS? Anyone know the real deal? I though the BBSC did not cause any "known" problems.

Thanks
Ryan

Ryanmcd2 said:
- the results of mine were "enlightening"....the pieces of piston frightening.
Ding. Galileo. Galileo, Figaro.

Oops, sorry about that. Since the current BBSC appears to use a different charger and control unit, the prior beta issues aren't directly applicable. Of course, the new beta data (or possibly FCS) is directly applicable, though I haven't seen that yet.

Re: Re: Bbsc

Number9 said:
the results of mine were "enlightening".... the pieces of piston frightening
Ding. Galileo. Galileo, Figaro....

Ha!Ha! - Nice one Ted!!!!!
laugh.gif

It's not so much the cause of the problem that's interesting, more that there appears to be the dispute. Since Mark B. recently posted regarding his large insurance protection which was apparently settling re-build repairs on some engines (albeit with some lack of acceptance of blame for the problems), it is even stranger that a former cohort(?) would have to resort to this tactic - it would appear that communication has broken down. Sad ....

I think Ryan brings up a valid point. Many people bought BBSC's through Dali's site. Hell that is where it started. Now they are no longer being supported or sold there? what gives???

I think the people who dont have the BBSC worry more about it than those of us who do. Besides the same person that has always supported and warranteed the BBSC still does, Mark Basch himself

Don't be so sensitive, I thought this was a "Discussion Forum"

Re: Re: Bbsc

MiamieNeSeX said:
Seems thats all you like to do

Well it seems the people that have it are not telling the truth and do not talk about problems. I wounder if you worry about Mark not supporting you if you say bad things, I know I would.

Re: Re: Re: Bbsc

D'Ecosse said:
Ha!Ha! - Nice one Ted!!!!!
laugh.gif

It's not so much the cause of the problem that's interesting, more that there appears to be the dispute. Since Mark B. recently posted regarding his large insurance protection which was apparently settling re-build repairs on some engines (albeit with some lack of acceptance of blame for the problems), it is even stranger that a former cohort(?) would have to resort to this tactic - it would appear that communication has broken down. Sad ....

Should you even have to take out insurance protection if it was tested right? Does Comptech have this?

Ryanmcd2 said:
I am not trying to start anything with the BBSC and Dali but I was just looking at his site and found this......
Ryan

I'm not commenting on this until the end of his last grace period, which expires May 31, 2003.:mad:

Brakes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREEECH!!:D

I just wanted to take a moment to comment on a recent experience I had w/ Mark Basch (more specifically BBSC)
and the warrentee implied as well as honored w/ red carpet
service as well.

Long story short we all know why I bought a power adder "TO GO FU#$IN' FAST":D and add to the NSX's performance.

It's simple I raced the hell out of it one night on the freeway against a BPU (basic parts upgade) Supra.Well I noticed a little
oil spilled in the motor compartment.

STEP 1- Call Mark (what the ??)

STEP 2- No problem bring it down.

STEP 3-PHONE CALL. eeeek!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Content of phone call.

"MARK".......................Whell I have good and bad news.

"MYNSX" replied.......... OK Bad news first.

"MARK".........................You'll be down for a short period of time.

"MYNSX".......................and whats the good???

"MARK"..........................Remember you wanted that low compression race motor????

"MYNSX".......................YEP.

"MARK".........................Well your getting it for FREE now.It will not cost you a dime.I appologize for the inconvience.

"MYNSX"... Hey Mark awesome .Lets do the NOVI 2000 upgrade and dial it for more HP while were at it ... :)

It was a nice experience.I could only hope that more business's were run the way I was raised "INTEGRITY IS AN ACTION NOT AN IDEA OR CONCEPT".

I have had horrible experiences w/ BIG companies
VORTEC specifically. They not return my multiple calls (after speaking w/ the head of customer complaints)
so I flew to the factory and spoke personally to the smartass (Renee was his name) that thought I was 1500 miles away.

PS... Renee is still alive (although DE-Hired) thanks to ME!! :)

Vortec settled this matter w/ ABC Racing out of court .

PSSS ... the monetary damages totalled over 25k to my drag car's motor plus another 18k between body damage and thousands more in reconstructive surgery when the motor blew on an 8 second run and my car hit the wall as a result of the sudden nose dive the car took and sent me into the wall at full speed .(NOT FUN)

Their engineers and the lawyer were able to see a problem on "their end" and made the situation right after some arm twisting techniques ....this is the type of crap that ruins a reputation of integrity.Yea eventually I got taken care of but
it was after a hell load of help.And denial of any responsibility
was their downfall.

I am not interested in any rebuttals nor will I answer (and or) post on the subject again.

Just my thoughts.... Peace "keep at least 2 wheels on the ground.

MYNSX

Sig said:
How did you do in your race?

Which on ethe one I crashed in ?? LOL :)

Seriously the other one on the freeway (in a desolate area.For all the politically correct :) ) I was able to beat the other car.The NSX requires finesse when to shift if rpm's are not payed attention to the Supra is all over you. Further the Supra's twin Turbo takes IMO even more attention to detail.

The Novi 2000 spools much quicker at 3k vs's 5k (a huge difference IMO).

MYNSX

Sig said:
How did you do in your race?

Sig- Cute, that's what I was going to ask him. It didn't seem appropriate at the time however.
I prefer not to get into any real long hassels or discussions with the people on this board- some of whom I could not please at any cost or level of performance. I do want however to comment on the two important issues questions / issues raised by this thread. I will then return to my leg irons Jane keeps, and NOT answer ANY more questions on the issues raised. If any customers have any issues, they not only have my phone number (which Bill notes works quite well) but also have the website which will be answered by a full time tech dude when I am unavailable.
(I'm going to NY in half an hour so will be unavailable till Monday at any rate)

First question, which IMO is a no brainer. Dozens of people bought an early, or "beta" model and said they were doing so SOLEY on my reputation. Not nessacerily as an SC builder, but as an individual who is belived to be more likely than not, going to do the "right thing" in case of a REALLY bad problem. (MJ is preparing "the blog from hell" in dispute of this notion, no doubt)
Doing the right thing always costs money, and I already had a garage keepers policy, so it seemed only fair to my customers to be pepared and being prepared in this most litigious society we live in means, insurance.

And as to the question of who sells my SC and who doesn't and why- suggesting Dali dropped the product because of reliability issues- the two motors Mark refers to on his website were no more a relative of my current product than is the one on a Buick Grand National. Those kits had a fuel and timing system which has not one single part used today. MJ obviously is willing to keep all his important info to himself if I perform or pay by a certain date. He and I going our seperate ways is related to a much more recent event, but I don't want to discuss personal issues in this Forum- aint the place for it. Acura of Brookfield has been selling and installing BBSC since day one. I promised SoS, as well as MJ, to keep the dealer number reasonable, so as to be able to keep a close eye on the whole project. IMO, Acura of Brookfield has a reputation for honesty and customer care which is second to none, and personally, their Service Mgr and myself share the same views on customer and car care. SoS also brings to the table a level of service in parts sales, and customer care after those sales, that equals our opinion of how they should be serviced.

If the reply to this thread from MYNSX gives the impression that you can pound the car day fter day, track event after track event, then get a warranty motor from me for free two years from now, or under some circumstances, even one year from now, that is not the case. There is no written or other policy on who would or would not qualify for this treatment. Short version is, if I ruined any part of your car thru neglect on my my part, or any part I sold AND install, I have always been, and will always be, insured for losses caused directly as a matter of my neglect or bad repair or install of parts done in a fashion not consistant with industry standards.
I am not a lawyer and this is not a promise to fix ANYBODIES car for free. As with EVERY repair and/or part sale, mistakes, if they occur, are handled on their own merits, and whether or not a customer pays for a subsequent repair is also analyzed on the situations own circumstances. This will be my ONLY post on the subject. I hope my customers will use the BBSC website for all communication on an technical or other concerns/questions.

Cheers,
MB

MB has always been overly courteous and helpful when I have
called for assistance.
I know he has alot going on and sometimes can't get to me right away but usually gets me called back or takes my second call
apoligizing for being tied up and not available.
In today's serviceless society it's nice to have someone call you
back and take time to help you without getting your credit card billing information first. Try calling your doctor and talking to him on the phone, like that will ever happen...
I did business with Mark Basch because of his good reputation
and his caring attitude to try and help you out.
I just wish we had another dozen or so to go around so I could
get just him to work on my car. It's a long trip to Az. from Fl.
JMO , DH in Fl.

Roadrunner said:
MB has always been overly courteous and helpful when I have
called for assistance.
I know he has alot going on and sometimes can't get to me right away but usually gets me called back or takes my second call
apoligizing for being tied up and not available.
In today's serviceless society it's nice to have someone call you
back and take time to help you without getting your credit card billing information first. Try calling your doctor and talking to him on the phone, like that will ever happen...
I did business with Mark Basch because of his good reputation
and his caring attitude to try and help you out.
I just wish we had another dozen or so to go around so I could
get just him to work on my car. It's a long trip to Az. from Fl.
JMO , DH in Fl.

I agree........... seems that some people have a major Ha%# on for MB and or his product. Which is fine but most of us respect his professionilism and knowledge. If in fact MB and MJ had a falling out thats between them, as far as my dealings with both of them they are excellent at what they do and offer many products and services that we all use.

No posts were deleted by me

I am with you guys. I have had nothing but positive experiences with MB. I will not let anyone else work on my car.

Back