• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

beat 300zx and infinity coupe

anderson152

Suspended
can anyone tell me how to make my 91 nsx faster than those 2 cars i checked their site and it says the 300 has about 300hp and the infinity maybe in the 280-300 i think. wanna let them know NSX ARE RULERS OF THE 2 SEATERS. stock we only have 276 or 270 help me?

I think both cars are a bit heavier than your 2,990 lb NSX. The NSX was designed with great handling and sufficient hoursepower. Off street, with the right driver the NSX can stay with any car.
Why are you so obsessed with being faster than other cars. Maybe professional help is in order?:)
Dr. Senior Member

Peter Mills said:
I think both cars are a bit heavier than your 2,990 lb NSX. The NSX was designed with great handling and sufficient hoursepower. Off street, with the right driver the NSX can stay with any car.
Why are you so obsessed with being faster than other cars. Maybe professional help is in order?:)
Dr. Senior Member
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink:

its just that where im from in jersey all my friends have either the two cars and would ride up to me in my type II acura legend and smirk now i got my exotic car and now when we go out i want to be the one smirking! not a street racer just highway rider.

anderson152 said:
can anyone tell me how to make my 91 nsx faster than those 2 cars i checked their site and it says the 300 has about 300hp and the infinity maybe in the 280-300 i think. wanna let them know NSX ARE RULERS OF THE 2 SEATERS. stock we only have 276 or 270 help me?
i think dr mills is trying to say that you can remain faster than those cars by staying in front of them.... :rolleyes:

anderson152 said:
can anyone tell me how to make my 91 nsx faster than those 2 cars
Nothing, you already have a faster car than those 2 cars, assuming you do not have automatic.

NSX is much lighter, better power/weight ratio, launch friendly weight transfer, better traction off the line. It would take a miracle for G35 couple or 350Z to beat 91 nsx.

NSX is much faster 0~60mph and 1/4mile. I had beaten G35 couples and 350Zs countless times in street situations even before exhaust. Everywhere you go there are always 350Z or G35 couples around the corner.
Occassionaly you will run into 350Z/G35 owners who have big ego and would actually rev up at you and ask for some beating.

U Are Right I Whipped One Bad This Weekend Coming From Seaside Heights Didnt Touch 5th Gear. Embarrassing When Your Girl Is The Passenger! Ha Ha Ha. THANKS NSXSUPRA

you can upgrade to SC or turbo... but i will keep it at NA since that is the nature of the V-tech engine. start changing out intake header exhaurst and ECU...

Turn right:D

someone mentioned a 350z in their response, the original poster asked about a 300zx, if its a 300zxtt (i assume it is since the non TT was only 222hp), it's very likely first of all that it's not stock if it's owned by an enthusiast. for around $2k, you can order a stillen or jim wolf kit which consists of a new CPU, exhaust and boost wastegate nozzles that bump the car up to 400hp. that more than offsets the weight difference.

now given that, i ran both my modded 300zxtt and my modded 91 NSX (exhaust, intake, headers, no cats) at new england dragway, and their 1/4mile speeds and times were almost identical (the exact numbers have been posted elsewhere somewhere in these forums but off the top of my head i think it was 107mph/13.4 for the 300zx and 106/13.5 for the NSX. note that i blew the main bearing on the 300zx that night and the NSX clutch started slipping, so those times/speeds were probably not the best that could have been done :).

the NSX also did have a better 60' time, the 300zx was hard to hook up with that much power, the wheels tended to hop.

if you're looking to beat a turbo car, you're best off fighting fire with fire. install either a turbo, a supercharger or NOS. the nsx might be a "2 seater king", but it's definitely not a 1/4 mile king. pray you never run into a BPU+ Supra. Many of those are 600+ HP with some even over 1000HP. Then again I guess that the Supra isn't a 2 seater.......

Last edited:
nsxsupra said:
Nothing, you already have a faster car than those 2 cars, assuming you do not have automatic.

NSX is much lighter, better power/weight ratio, launch friendly weight transfer, better traction off the line. It would take a miracle for G35 couple or 350Z to beat 91 nsx.

NSX is much faster 0~60mph and 1/4mile. I had beaten G35 couples and 350Zs countless times in street situations even before exhaust. Everywhere you go there are always 350Z or G35 couples around the corner.
Occassionaly you will run into 350Z/G35 owners who have big ego and would actually rev up at you and ask for some beating.
nice you are so right i whipped 2two 350z's already

Back