• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bel Canto - Soprano Exhaust system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bel Canto Soprano Exhaust system Pic and Sound Clip

Wow!! sound of god, seriously no joke!!!

Yes, yes but what do they change/add/filter in sound charakteristics?

I guess the closest analogy is can be related again, to a musical instruments. Trumpet for example, uses heavy braces between parts to change the characteristic of the sound vibration, the size of the parts can change the tone of the notes from bright to warm and back pressure.

I actually didn't think much of it until the factory decided to give this size a try. The 5.1 is almost an inch longer. We like it under the prototype and decided that's the way to go.

Last edited:

Just got a ride, I would be very surprised if not shocked that anyone not buying one after getting a ride. True honest opinion, this exhaust is awesome!!!

Vance, you should keep one for your NSX for sure, it match the personality your NSX way better than before.

Sounds great!....I wonder how this will sound on a 3.8L stroker motor.

Good job on the exhaust and congrats.

Sounds great!....I wonder how this will sound on a 3.8L stroker motor.

Good job on the exhaust and congrats.

It will be deeper and meaner:wink:

I am sure it will.....the GTLW already sounds means on JM's car. It would definitely be interesting to hear it on his car. Let's throw it on Jon's car and see what it sounds like.....:biggrin:

Great analogies with the musical instruments. Really helped a lot with the description. And all I can say is I have a new favorite exhaust setup! Excellent job and I can’t wait to see another video.

+1 on the better quality vid. That'd be awesome.

Vance - You've got mail!

? - The resonators would eliminate the rasp in the exhaust or is it really for bling haha. :biggrin: Either way, I'm blown away! :eek:

+1 on the better quality vid. That'd be awesome.

Vance - You've got mail!

? - The resonators would eliminate the rasp in the exhaust or is it really for bling haha. :biggrin: Either way, I'm blown away! :eek:

There are still a little rasp between 3 to 4k rpm under first gear. I tried very heard to eliminate it but just could do it. But anyway, I'll be at my shop if you like to hear it in person.

:confused::confused::confused::confused: I think you posted in the wrong thread. I'm not going to betray my friend who supply me not only this muffler, but all the NSX-R parts for other Primers.

yes, you are right, wrong forum, wrong person.

Beautiful tone, but geez it's obnoxiously loud! I'd hate to be living in your neighborhood!
Probably going to get flamed on for this but any option to quiet it down maybe 25-50%?

What is the price and availability of the system?

Vance, excellent job! That sounds amazing, I think I've found a new favorite for the NSX.

Not to be tongue in cheek, but how does it compare to the GT F1 V.5 ? This sounds throaty and muscular, and then sounds more sport-bikeish on the top end. Is this accurate based on how it sounds in real life?

I really appreciate your contribution to the NSX community. Man...im in love with this sound!!!!

ravi:cool:

Vance, excellent job! That sounds amazing, I think I've found a new favorite for the NSX.

Not to be tongue in cheek, but how does it compare to the GT F1 V.5 ? This sounds throaty and muscular, and then sounds more sport-bikeish on the top end. Is this accurate based on how it sounds in real life?

I really appreciate your contribution to the NSX community. Man...im in love with this sound!!!!

ravi:cool:
Better:biggrin: All you have to do is pull up some 5.1 videos from youtube and you can clearly heard the difference.

Beautiful tone, but geez it's obnoxiously loud! I'd hate to be living in your neighborhood!
Probably going to get flamed on for this but any option to quiet it down maybe 25-50%?

Throw a pair of cats onto the car:wink: High flow preferred.

Here is the link to the vender section.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113348
If you are serious of getting one, we have some coming off the stove in couple weeks. Mostly for NA2 but if we catch it fast enough, we can ask for NA1 before the connection pipes are put on.

Last edited:

Wow it weighs 30 pounds :eek:
Thats heavy aint it....
No dyno numbers and the sound is with test pipes so wouldnt it much different for people who have cats?

He said 27 lbs not 30 and that is not heavy at all.....the oem muffler is way heavier. Its about 10lbs heavier than a GTLW so big deal.

I am sure he will have dyno numbers when he gets a chance since he just put the muffler on.......

People that buy this exhaust will be buying it for the sound, weight savings, and quality. I am sure it will show more gains over an oem muffler.....maybe not as much as some others but comparable.

So give it a chance before you start talking mess about it. Its not for everybody but I think its a pretty nice product. They took an existing product and made their own twist to it. Good for them.

He said 27 lbs not 30 and that is not heavy at all.....the oem muffler is way heavier. Its about 10lbs heavier than a GTLW so big deal.

I am sure he will have dyno numbers when he gets a chance since he just put the muffler on.......

People that buy this exhaust will be buying it for the sound, weight savings, and quality. I am sure it will show more gains over an oem muffler.....maybe not as much as some others but comparable.

So give it a chance before you start talking mess about it. Its not for everybody but I think its a pretty nice product. They took an existing product and made their own twist to it. Good for them.

nuff said!

He said 27 lbs not 30 and that is not heavy at all.....the oem muffler is way heavier. Its about 10lbs heavier than a GTLW so big deal.QUOTE]

Oem exhaust weight is 44lbs
Taitec GTLW is 17 lbs = 23 lbs you take of your nsx
Thats less than half OEM exhaust weight
And
Belcanto exhaust is 27 lbs ~ probably heavier knowing vance...:wink:
10 lbs heavier than your GTLW and more than half the weight of the OEM exhaust for $2500 and you call it not heavy?? OK

funny you couldnt even tell the difference between arc n the gt-one exhaust sounds...
nuff said

I think i need to get my ears checked...since i'm so bad at telling the difference between the two. To each his own.

There will be 3 NA2 LEV version coming off the stove within two to three weeks, so get them while they're hot:biggrin:

Early NA2 and NA1 guys have to wait a little longer.

Sounds amazing Vance! Looks like we have to get this thing on the dyno! We need to throw on a set of Prospeed Hi-flow cats to get it to pass smog and quiet it down a bit to keep Five-0 off your tail! :wink:

Sounds amazing Vance! Looks like we have to get this thing on the dyno! We need to throw on a set of Prospeed Hi-flow cats to get it to pass smog and quiet it down a bit to keep Five-0 off your tail! :wink:

Do you have time this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back