• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

best fuel pump?

Does anyone know what a stock fuel pump flows? I have a boosted nsx that has 600 hp at the wheels.It had a tre 341 fuel pump that has quit. I need a fuel pump asap as I was supposed to race tomorrow.The tre is said to flow255 lph. I need to find one locally so any input would be great. I doubt that the stock one flows any where near enough but dont know. Are there any stock pumps that may interchange?Any input would be appreciated.

Try the Toyota Supra 93-98 fuel pump. It is plug and play with OEM reliability, and it outflows a walbro with proper voltage feeding it.

Supra pump is not a bad choice, needs to be "hotwired" to get similar flow to a walbro, but certainly more reliable.

Supra pump will not provide high pressure like the walbro.

I'm on the 3rd year with my Walbro, and the car's been tracked heavily. So far so good :)

Like I said, hit and miss, I find since they are the cheapest solution they are sort of like a necessary evil - the supra pump is only good if you can supply a lot of power to it as it's output drops significantly if the voltage drops only a little.

Thanks for all the input.The Supra pump here in Canada is 1200 dollars so that was not as option. Bought the wallbro 255 it was an easy install.Did get to race but almost destroyed the car as it broke the tires loose at 80 mph. Tried ET Street drag tires(bias ply) note to self dont mix radials and bias ply. Thanks for all the help.

run a intank walbro 255 to a surgetank then use a inline bosch 044 if you're at 600 possibly run two. have the second engage at anything over 8psi. surge tank possibly 3/4 gallon should be sufficient to keep you from leaning out during a hard cornering and pulling out with acceleration.

the pump installed is a walbro 255. what happened. Those are pretty darn reliable. What type of fuel are you running. I know you have a ems. have you ran e85 yet. Did you upgrade fuel lines? stock fuel lines are pretty much at max at that power level.

Last edited:
Hey Warren thanks for input.to answer your questions.The fuel pump quit when I used it to empty the tank through the return line(my bad).When I race the car I use Q16 race fuel.No I have not yet tried the car on E85 as it is not tuned on that fuel and it is hard to find here.No the fuel lines have not been upgraded yet. My plans are to build the motor and go after more power.When I do that I will do those things that you mentioned.Thanks Brian

Back