• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best lease deal so far?

its unlikely Acura will add more incentive money. reason being, there are few cars on the ground. currently there's only (9) 2017 for sale in california. last year, there were like 30, with some stores having multiple units.

Just thought I would list what I was offered on a 2018 lease. Car has a 176K sticker. Dealer is offering 32K discount and the 36 month lease is $1,830.00 for 5k miles with taxes and inceptions up front. Dealer is using base money factor.
Looks like the days of $1300-1400 a month leases are over. Dealer says it the best it's going to get. I'm inclined to wait but there are not many 18's around and the 17's can't be leased.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

It’s a so-so deal. My car was 206.5k sticker and I got my lease for $1800mo and 7500mi yr. I have previously leased with Acura and I got and additional 10k miles for the three years.

If you are going to drive the car at all 5k allowance is weak.

17’s had the 30k rebate. The 18’s only have 20K. I wish I had taken advantage of those deals
in the next 12-15 months you'll have a large QTY coming off lease (used cars/deals).
that is the optimum time for purchase if you can wait it out. :smile:

Last edited:
in the next 12-15 months you'll have a large QTY coming off lease (used cars/deals).
that is the optimum time for purchase if you can wait it out. :smile:

I generally lease my cars. My concern is I generally don't make it to the end of the lease and in 12-15 months all those lease returns will make it hard for me to get out of my lease!
I'm only 19 months into my 2017 911 GTS lease and I'm able to get out w/o a penalty. I'm not sure I'll be able to do that on the NSX.

Just thought I would list what I was offered on a 2018 lease. Car has a 176K sticker. Dealer is offering 32K discount and the 36 month lease is $1,830.00 for 5k miles with taxes and inceptions up front. Dealer is using base money factor.
Looks like the days of $1300-1400 a month leases are over. Dealer says it the best it's going to get. I'm inclined to wait but there are not many 18's around and the 17's can't be leased.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

I don't think that is a bad deal at all. That payment is less than 1% of sticker, which is kinda the litmus test for leases. I'll bet your GTS payment is right around that amount, and the NSX blows doors off the GTS. I would know. I had one before my NSX. Plus, I believe an R8 payment is around $1K more than what you were quoted for the NSX... not to mention what a Huracan payment would be.

As far as future values... who knows...

I don't think that is a bad deal at all. That payment is less than 1% of sticker, which is kinda the litmus test for leases. I'll bet your GTS payment is right around that amount, and the NSX blows doors off the GTS. I would know. I had one before my NSX. Plus, I believe an R8 payment is around $1K more than what you were quoted for the NSX... not to mention what a Huracan payment would be.

As far as future values... who knows...
Yes you are right. My 911 payment is pretty much the same as what was quoted on the NSX. Normally I would be thrilled with that type of payment but I guess I'm spoiled from the crazy low leases from a year ago.

Glad to hear that you find the NSX is so much better than the GTS. One of my other concerns is the ground clearance on the NSX. Did you find that it scrapes a lot more than your GTS?

I understand the hangup on paying more than some of the crazy leases that some people got. I got a good lease deal that I was happy with, but it def is not nearly as good as some of the deals I've read about. But I can say without a doubt that the NSX is worth it.

I've scraped my NSX once so far. About a week after I got it. It hurt me to hear the scrape, but you can't see any evidence of it unless you were to put the car on a lift. Yes, it is lower than a GTS, but only by about an inch, which isn't much believe it or not. As long as you take driveways/dips at an angle it's not a problem, unless the dip is severe, but then almost any low sports car would scrape.

Have you driven the NSX yet? One launch, and you'll be sold.

I understand the hangup on paying more than some of the crazy leases that some people got. I got a good lease deal that I was happy with, but it def is not nearly as good as some of the deals I've read about. But I can say without a doubt that the NSX is worth it.

I've scraped my NSX once so far. About a week after I got it. It hurt me to hear the scrape, but you can't see any evidence of it unless you were to put the car on a lift. Yes, it is lower than a GTS, but only by about an inch, which isn't much believe it or not. As long as you take driveways/dips at an angle it's not a problem, unless the dip is severe, but then almost any low sports car would scrape.

I should be concentrating on the big picture. A 180k car for around $1,800 is a great deal.

I barely have an incline getting into my garage and the 911 scrapes. It is definitely better if I take it at an angle. When I measured the clearance of the NSX it looked as if the sides of the front boiler were lower than the front. Good to hear that approaching an incline at an angle in the NSX helps.

I did get a chance to drive one at a concours event in CT. Never really got a chance to get on it but it was a blast. Also I found it had great visibility and was super comfortable. A little more storage would have been nice but overall I loved it. I have had 6 911's in a row and it's time for a change.

I forgot to add I'm thinking of adding scrape armor to help protect the underbody.

. Science of Speed sells one that is inexpensive that I picked up.

Yes I saw that, thank you. How has it been working for you? It seemed a bit thicker than the scrape armor. Also the scrape armor is supposed to "glide easier". Sounds like hype to me.
The SOS one is much cheaper and I would love to save a few bucks!

Formula1fan what did you end up getting?

I had to go AFK for a bit and deal with "life" but I'm back in the market for a 2nd gen NSX. Thanks to L.L.'s advice I'm set on getting CCB and a CF spoiler. Weir Acura in California (OC) only offering 20k off their model but it doesn't have CCBs.

Formula1fan what did you end up getting?

I had to go AFK for a bit and deal with "life" but I'm back in the market for a 2nd gen NSX. Thanks to L.L.'s advice I'm set on getting CCB and a CF spoiler. Weir Acura in California (OC) only offering 20k off their model but it doesn't have CCBs.
I.m going to see the car on Tuesday. I have to bring my 911 for them to see on trade. The car has CCB's but no carbon whatsoever. I would have loved just the CF spoiler.

I.m going to see the car on Tuesday. I have to bring my 911 for them to see on trade. The car has CCB's but no carbon whatsoever. I would have loved just the CF spoiler.

The attitude of dealerships have changed, they are not as desperate as they were earlier this year.

Also, I'm surprised at how many cars without CCB were ordered.

The attitude of dealerships have changed, they are not as desperate as they were earlier this year.

Also, I'm surprised at how many cars without CCB were ordered.

Of the 39 new ones on cars.com, 8 are stickered low enough to appear to be steel brake cars. That is not a lot, plus many folks bitched about how pricey the car was in general and the issue with long term costs of tracking a CCB car. A steel brake car with a lower sticker should be an easier sell based on the points above.

Yes I saw that, thank you. How has it been working for you? It seemed a bit thicker than the scrape armor. Also the scrape armor is supposed to "glide easier". Sounds like hype to me.
The SOS one is much cheaper and I would love to save a few bucks!

I haven't had any issues as of yet.
Other than drilling holes in the car, of course.

Does anyone know if Acura allows lease takeovers? I just put my car up for sale on the nsxprime classifieds a few days ago. I would also be willing to entertain at lease take over on it though if it is possible. My payments are about 1400 a month or so before taxes

Of the 39 new ones on cars.com, 8 are stickered low enough to appear to be steel brake cars. That is not a lot, plus many folks bitched about how pricey the car was in general and the issue with long term costs of tracking a CCB car. A steel brake car with a lower sticker should be an easier sell based on the points above.

Back in November of 17' when I was shopping for my car and there were rebates and huge dealer discounts ($43K on my car) the iron brake cars were few and far between. When an iron brake car came online for sale, they were sold quickly. I toiled heavily on whether or not to upgrade to the CCB's. Very expensive, and concern over eating them up if ever tracking the car. I ended up with CCB's thinking it would be better for resale someday. Those damn red calipers did it to me too - went perfectly with my 130R white on red car.....
Also, the iron brake cars back then seemed to be low end low optioned cars, and dealers did not have much room to deal and were not giving up much in dealer discount. I wanted at least a little of the carbon fiber add ons. I think the one iron brake car I considered was like $132K, and I paid $141K for a car that had over $30k more in options, so I felt like I got my money's worth....... Overall I think the iron brakes are perfectly capable and acceptable for most uses. I think the CCB's just become a bragging point at some point. I've yet to push the car hard enough on braking to really feel the max effect, but when I have braked late and hard, the brakes are fantastic.....

Lease takeovers

Does anyone know if Acura allows lease takeovers? I just put my car up for sale on the nsxprime classifieds a few days ago. I would also be willing to entertain at lease take over on it though if it is possible. My payments are about 1400 a month or so before taxes

To the best of my knowledge - AHFC (American Honda Finance Co) does not have any provisions for lease assumptions nor will they negotiate
residual buyout amounts.....very strict.

Nissani Bros has a "new" car that has 250+ miles. The GM takes the car out on the weekends. Is it possible to launch new cars or do they need to broken in and after certain mileage they can be launched?

Back