• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best place to get a corner balance/alignment in Seattle?

Is there anything on the west side guys?

Any suggestions?

I need to get my car aligned/balanced etc after putting in my coil overs.

Hi Volkl!

I would def reccomend Omni in Kirkland even though they are on the east side. OMNI BRAKE & ALIGNMENT.

I took my S2000 there several times and always saw high end P cars there. Read several reviews on them before I went down and they are good guys. If I ever need new tires on the NSX I will go down there.

I had recomment people to Omni for years, but I never ever went back after 01... Long story short, back then I paid them to put a set of BBK on my car (not nsx), not only they charge me arm and leg, send me walking 45 mins to Tacoma screw, they also messed up my wheels. To be fair with them I had a wrong hardware to begin with. But with the knowlege I have now, (which is novice amature weekend mechanic at best), I wouldn't do the way they did my car.

Eric, what coilover did you end up getting?? John@Microsoft would have a good recommendation regarding who's doing the best alignment.

I had recomment people to Omni for years, but I never ever went back after 01... Long story short, back then I paid them to put a set of BBK on my car (not nsx), not only they charge me arm and leg, send me walking 45 mins to Tacoma screw, they also messed up my wheels. To be fair with them I had a wrong hardware to begin with. But with the knowlege I have now, (which is novice amature weekend mechanic at best), I wouldn't do the way they did my car.

Eric, what coilover did you end up getting?? John@Microsoft would have a good recommendation regarding who's doing the best alignment.

ahh that sucks NSXdreamer :( Hope the rims didn't get damaged too bad.

I just use them for tires/alignment with the S2k but I'm sure there are other good shops in the area also.

I ended up getting a great deal on the ARK DT-P's. From what I can tell, it seems that every coil over around $1000 are made in the same place...just different colors. lol.

Yeah, John told me the whole story...I can't remember which shop he said to go to instead. (Zahn as well). I was hoping there might be something closer to my home instead of the East side.

I did have my alignment done by a fellow S2k member and he worked at a place in Burien. His name is John , #206-246-6252 .

Interstate Tire & Auto
119 s 160th st
Burien, WA 98148

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=420142&hl=

He's not equipped to do corner weight, but if you have the alignment spec. He could get to what you desire. Not for a whole lot of $$ either. He came with us to the Mt. Baker drive for couple times. I'm all about supporting the local guys...

Now, JOHN H., GO get your alignment machine already!!!! :)

I think JohnH got his recent work done at "Ford Al" or something like that/however you spell it.. in Bellevue Overlake area and he's been really happy.

His previous very popula shop experience was... not good, but I'll let him share if he chooses to.

I know this b/c I was with him during the process :rolleyes:

My personal take: I'm so parainoid about leaving my car with anyone.. that I'd ask to be there during the process for something like an allignment. If the shop won't let you (probably won't citing liability..) well, I'd think twice..

Omni does not have scales for corner bal.

Fordhaul motorsports in Bellevue is the only place I can recomend.

:biggrin: Well when its time for balance and alignments in the future we will have several good shops to choose from per this thread :) Good stuff!

Omni does not have scales for corner bal.

Fordhaul motorsports in Bellevue is the only place I can recomend.

On a slightly orthogonal topic, where is the CHEAPEST place to get an allignment? :biggrin:

I need to re-allign my 1992 Toyota PU with 250K miles beater and what look like nearly origional tires :tongue: (car would benefit from tractio control in the rain I tell ya :rolleyes: )

I need to get an alignment since I'm lowering my car today...can someone confirm that the place to do so on the eastside is:

Fordahl Motorsports
13824 NE 20th St, Bellevue

(425) 644-6020

:smile:

On a slightly orthogonal topic, where is the CHEAPEST place to get an allignment? :biggrin:

I need to re-allign my 1992 Toyota PU with 250K miles beater and what look like nearly origional tires :tongue: (car would benefit from tractio control in the rain I tell ya :rolleyes: )

I'm thinking Les Schwab. They have a solid reputation, at least on the Kitsap side of good work and not trying to make work. A friend of mine took his car there for an alignment, about 30 minutes in, they called him, said the alignment was in spec already and sent him home without charging him. Says a lot about the shop.

Sears is also reasonable (or at least used to be). When I first got my NSX I had them do the alignment as I was living in Corpus Christi at the time and there were no high end shops anywhere close.

Miner

a side note: "in spec" is as good as the car drives straight, when you hit the brakes, it doesn't pull...

That's totally fine for a daily driver that is safe; but the handling may or may not be your liking.

IMO, not the kind of alignment we talk about here. (minimize tire wear, or treaking specific handling characteristics...)

Check out Trueline 425.462.0013 they have a Seattle and Bellevue location. I have used the Bellevue location and have been very impressed with the job done.

Back