• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best places to take an NSX for pre-purchase inspection in Southern California?

On the verge of purchasing, let me know of any recommendations on places that can do a good once over on the car. Also, new to this process, what should I be paying for a service like this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

The best places to go are those that work on NSXs all the time, so they're familiar with common problems to look for. More specifically: in Orange County, Niguel Motors and Autowave; in San Diego, Applied Motorsports and Greenlight. If the car is in L.A. County, you may want to check out this topic about Robert.

The typical cost is one to two hours of labor; labor rates vary, typically anywhere from $90 to $140 an hour.

Incidentally, you would be better off posting a question specific to your region, such as this one, in the regional subforum for Southern California.

Last edited:
Jon Martin at Diamond Honda is also in LA County. He's located in the City of Industry.

If the car is in L.A. County, you may want to check out this topic about Robert.

Why did that topic get deleted?

I wouldn't recommend Robert. He was good at first, but missed our last FIVE APPOINTMENTS. I contacted him about my car haven't issues on startup, and he acted as if it was a serious and puzzling issue. I took it to a friend and he told me that the main relay Robert said he supposedly replaced was never done.

Back