• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BF Goodrich G-Force KD Tires

Greetings,
I am considering going to a 17/18 wheel setup and was checking out the G-Force KD tires at the Tire Rack. Anybody have any experience with these? According to the Tire Rack these tires are awesome in the dry (which is what I am looking for since I don't drive my NSX in the wet) and according to BF Goodrich's literature, their tread consists of an 'almost' R compound material. I e-mailed BF Goodrich about these tires and they called me by phone the next day. They indicated that they have a P285/30R18 size for the rear in that size but do not as of yet have a P225/35R17 in that size but would be willing to consider that size as an application for the NSX if they received a response from NSXers out there. So, if you think the tire is worth it, drop BF Goodrich an e-mail!

Wow, that's some outstanding customer service! Unfortunately, no experience with the tire here.

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Originally posted by Akula:
Greetings,
I am considering going to a 17/18 wheel setup and was checking out the G-Force KD tires at the Tire Rack. Anybody have any experience with these? According to the Tire Rack these tires are awesome in the dry (which is what I am looking for since I don't drive my NSX in the wet) and according to BF Goodrich's literature, their tread consists of an 'almost' R compound material. I e-mailed BF Goodrich about these tires and they called me by phone the next day. They indicated that they have a P285/30R18 size for the rear in that size but do not as of yet have a P225/35R17 in that size but would be willing to consider that size as an application for the NSX if they received a response from NSXers out there. So, if you think the tire is worth it, drop BF Goodrich an e-mail!

Dry Grip: Very Very Good
Wet Grip: 60% out of 100%

If you are looking for a great tire and you are concern for dry grip then go for it.

I sold those tires to my Supra Customer that has 900BHP, so do the math.
http://www.nextnsx.com/supra/Mvc-005f.jpg

Enrique

[This message has been edited by pronto3000 (edited 22 October 2001).]

I am running them on my Porsche 911 now..
They grip better than any tire I have tried..
The way the tread rolls over on the tire edge looks killer, awesome looking tire in a "18"...
I plan on getting KD's for my NSX..
I will also need 225/35/17...

Originally posted by Akula:
... since I don't drive my NSX in the wet

ANOTHER Anders NSX ??
Am curious as to what this latest one is
smile.gif

Welcome back...

Also thought I'd beat our friend Tracy (ex NSX-Parts Guy) to the punchline. "Nice outfit, pal..."

------------------
Manuel C
93 NSX S/B #394
93 300CE
93 NH750

The new SCC handling article indicates that the BFG comes in 15 inch sizes. The tire had to fit a 15 inch wheel on a Del Sol.

Originally posted by JickedOut:
I plan on getting KD's for my NSX..
I will also need 225/35/17...

Hey, if BFG is willing to make a custom size for us.. Why don't we ask for a 235/35/17 instead? It should fit just fine and should help slightly decrease understeer by improving front grip.. ?

Just a thought..

Marc

Originally posted by SpeedDemon:
Hey, if BFG is willing to make a custom size for us.. Why don't we ask for a 235/35/17 instead? It should fit just fine and should help slightly decrease understeer by improving front grip.. ?

Just a thought..

Marc

and a fine thought it is. when I went to the 225/35 from the 215/40 I lost quite a bit of my push. I have a very slight push now, that I dialed out with tire pressure, but I would bet the 235 would be better.

Back