• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Billy Johnson and Moto IQ's: Project NSX

The next installment of Project NSX is live!

Project NSX Part 19 – Designing a Crank Position Sensor and Knock Control

We design a custom tone ring and hall-effect sensor mount for our Motec M150 to more accurately record the crankshaft position and control ignition timing at high RPM. We also upgrade to a wideband knock sensor for a better failsafe against knock.

In the article

-Designing, 3D-printing, and test-fitting a Crank Sensor Mount
-Designing, 3D-printing, and test-fitting a ATI-pulley mounted Tone Wheel and Hall-effect crank position sensor
-Installing ECU Master WHP Wideband Knock Sensors

Enjoy!

Whenever the next article in this series comes out I always end up reading the previous 1-2 just to remember where they were in the build. :)

They are such a great shop.

The next installment of Project NSX is live!

Project NSX Part 20 – Antigravity Lithium Battery and CTEK Charger​

When it comes to weight reduction, it’s difficult to beat the cost-to-benefit ratio of a lithium battery. We replaced our NSX’s heavy AGM battery with Antigravity’s drop-in Group-35/Q85 lithium battery and keep it in top form with the CTEK lithium charger.

In the article

-Battery Removal
-Weight difference of Antigravity Lithium battery vs Odyssey.
-Battery Installation
-CTEK Lithium Battery Charger

Enjoy!

Based on a post I noticed on social media yesterday, I'm sadly suspicious that this great NSX has been damaged quite badly. I certainly hope not!
Yeah I saw it too. It looks bad, but repairable. Maybe a MotoIQ article on a proper NSX chassis repair job versus the scary cut and paste jobs we see?

Back