• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Billy Johnson wins at Laguna Seca

Today (5-19-07), our favorite NSX owner and Factor X driver did win the big one at Laguna Seca!!!!!! The driving world is about to get kicked up one level and we will be with him.

Congratulation Billy.

Congratulations Billy on your ST class win.
You drove like a Champion !
It was a pleasure meeting you and spending the time with you.
See you in Ohio....

Congrats Billy on another stellar performance. Looks like the sky's the limit for you. Much success in the future and keep up the great driving.

Best Regards,

Danny

Big Congrats Billy!!! It was great seeing you out there in your element. Good luck at Limerock. We cannot wait to go back to Laguna at the end of this year:biggrin:

Thank you guys! It was an especially important win not only to regain the championship lead in the Koni Challenge ST class, but to win for the first time on my home and favorite track for Laguna Seca's 50th Anniversary really meant a lot to me.

More info can be found at:

http://grand-am.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8185

Thanks to everyone that came out, I can't wait to go back later this year in the NSX and see what times we can make.

Unfortunately SPEED is not covering many of the Koni Challenge races this year. It was unfortuante because this race was probably one of the most exciting and entertaining races that Koni/Grand Am has ever put on -from lap1 to the finish of the race.

Write SPEED and tell them you want coverage of the Koni Challenge series! -people writing in does influence their decisions.

051907LSst800-0013.jpg

051907LSst800-0010.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool...congrats Billy !!! and good luck in the future.

Congrats, Billy. I'm not familiar with the series but your TSX looks sweet. Up my way it's all Dodge Neons. I've heard a lot of stories, and taking a win from Roger and some of those other very accomplished drivers I'm sure would be rewarding no matter what your ride.

Congrats!!! It is unfortunate that Speed's programming seems solely centered around NASCAR and other rather obscure racing, i.e. Big truck racing, snowmobile racing, rather than covering other exciting series like yours. If we wanted to see a video of your race, where would we look?

Congrats!!! It is unfortunate that Speed's programming seems solely centered around NASCAR and other rather obscure racing, i.e. Big truck racing, snowmobile racing, rather than covering other exciting series like yours. If we wanted to see a video of your race, where would we look?
I feel the same way. If enough people E-mail SPEED telling them that, they'll change their ways, so if you're bored, E-mail SPEED!!! (it does actually make a difference)

The season-opener from Daytona (which we also won) was aired by SPEED. Heck I don't know, people always tell me that they saw me on TV "last weekend" whether it was the Daytona race, or the Buttonwillow Time Attack in the orange Datsun 510. I've only seen these aired once, so I couldn't tell you. Keep watching SPEED i guess :confused:

I feel the same way. If enough people E-mail SPEED telling them that, they'll change their ways, so if you're bored, E-mail SPEED!!! (it does actually make a difference)

The season-opener from Daytona (which we also won) was aired by SPEED. Heck I don't know, people always tell me that they saw me on TV "last weekend" whether it was the Daytona race, or the Buttonwillow Time Attack in the orange Datsun 510. I've only seen these aired once, so I couldn't tell you. Keep watching SPEED i guess :confused:

Thanks Bill, I'll keep my eyes open. I used to be on the SPEED channel forum. I posted regularly on the Formula One section of the Speed forum; however, I was threatened to be booted off because I created a poll to see if viewers would like to see LESS Nascar and MORE racing series like JGTC, Rally Racing, and Racing series like yours. I got flamed big time by other Nascar fans as they felt threatened by my posts (Mainly because my poll showed a Large number of people that wanted to see LESS Nascar and MORE of other racing series).

I also encouraged everyone who voted for less Nascar to email and write to speed saying as much. However, that was when the powers that be, told me to stop attacking nascar or they would suspend me.:rolleyes:

Maybe if we got enough attention from other prime members, we could get someone's attention in at speedchannel, even though us NSX owners are a small minority:redface:

Back