• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bilstein & Tein Spring Installation Pictures

Mug

Contributing Member
I installed the Bilsteins on lower perch paired with Tein springs. On paper it is a 1.5/1.8 drop but I didn't take any measurements. This was truly an aesthetic modification for me, but 100% reversible. Unfortunately, I can’t test drive it right now. I also installed 15/25mm spacers on one side of the car for comparison shots.

I planned to have the car on stands for about a month. I didn’t like the thought of the suspension hanging for that long, but with family and work, I didn’t have any other choice. I was able to have it done in 32 hours! Total wrench time was about 8 hours. If I had to do it again, I’d be done in 4. I also had to keep the car partially covered in case a kid or family member decided to come bother me or my assistance was needed inside. I'm taking no risks with this paint!

For the rear, I utilized the 2x4 pry method, and the front I used the upper control arm pivot method. I tried the 2x4 on the front, but had to use a “life line” call to Angus (Prime member who sold me the parts) who responded on a Sunday to help out. Thanks Angus!

Great to see you got it done! Car is coming along nicely I see.

Back