• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

bird poop on black car-need advice

today i found bird sh!t on my black gts
frown.gif
i know you nsxer's are good w/ paint advice,i removed the droppings and there is a stain tried a little polish and this didn't remove it,any suggestions for me please?

thanks,randall
former nsx driver

Not sure what to try but if nothing works the paint may return to normal on it's own. My black car had a raised bird stain that disappeared on it's own. It also had a white stain that the dealer took out but I think you can still see it a little if you look real close.
I saw a beautiful black Ferrari in Vancouver that was covered in white stains on the hood and the consignment people said it could never be fixed except by repainted. The paint on that car was so nice otherwise.
I had to move my car out from under some overhead water pipes. I swear they do it on purpose.

You can try a 50:50 mixture of vinegar and water. I've done this to remove water marks and other stains on my cars before. Remember to put some wax on afterwards.

I've used the Griot's Garage random orbital Polisher/Waxing system on my '91 Black/Black and have been very pleased with the results. I used their machine polish #3 followed by their Best of Show wax to get out a nasty bird dropping stain on my rear bumper.

For the Griot's Garage site go here.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

What kind of polish did you use?

You might want to try something that's slightly abrasive, like Meguiar's Swirl Mark Remover #9.

Don't forget to wax over the area when you're done.

Back