• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blowing the Cobwebs Off after 9 Years!

Welcome to the club! As the unofficial Zanardi database record keeper, I need details!!:biggrin: PM if you prefer:wink:

Pm sent :)

I hope we are going to see more photos of it after that teaser ;) Congratulations!

Thanks y'all for the kind comments and warm re-welcome.

I will post a full spread when the car arrives on my side of the country. This whole transit thing is like watching paint dry!

Stay tuned to this channel for Zanardi updates :)

Welcome back and great right up on the comparison! The GT is on my wish list to add to the stable. Beautiful car and so unique! Would love to hear or see more of the other rides that you have loved and left in your automotive past.

I have several friends like you that are all about the experience of different cars. I wish i was more like that. I tend to be more the marrying type. I get fixed on a car of my dreams and once I get it I don't let go, it becomes a perement fixture in the garage. Don't get me wrong I love the ones I'm with, but need to speed up the earning power and add the next one.. A GT or a Z8, I know very different but still part of the dream.

Thanks again, very enlightening from a certified gear head!

I finally got tired of waiting for a transporter, so I did the only sane thing: my best car buddy and I drove 22 hours straight and picked the car up in person. When you want something done right, do it yourself, even if your wife tells you that you are a raving lunatic. I forgot that once we got there, we had to drive back. It seemed easier with this beauty in the trailer, however.

Many thanks to Jose, who graciously agreed to sell me the car and was a perfect gentlemen and all around great guy throughout the process.

Here are couple of pictures. Full write up to follow. I'm going to bed.

DSC_2719.jpg

DSC_2695.jpg

Congrats Mike. #32 will definitely be missed but going to a great home.
-José

Noooooooo Jose you were supposed to show this car to all the Texas guys!!! Now it's gone!? Sigh...

Welcome back and congrats on your new purchase. Just read your GT/430 "review". This is the first read on a forum that brought tears to my eyes!!! Who knew that 26 letters could be made into such a thoughtful and beautiful explanation of how cars should be viewed and driven! Thank you sir.

It would take me pages and pages to fully respond to this request. For example, you mind want to read this: http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?25433-Owner-Review-Ford-GT-vs.-Ferrari-458-Part-1

However, here is the super short response:

1. NSX is a small package and it feels like it; you know where you are on the road and what the car is doing beneath you. Both the 458 and the GT are comparably large cars that can bite you in the rump, and hard. Especially the mighty GT.

2. The ergonomics; you wear the NSX, you drive the others. The 458 and the GT are both great in this regard, but the NSX is stellar.

3. Usable power. Both the GT and the 458 are blindingly powerful and quick. The NSX is all about the balance.

4. Drama! When I take the 458 and the GT out, its like being a rock star in a room full a groupies. It gets REALLY OLD. In the NSX, a few nods and a smile or two is all I get and that makes me happy.

Is the NSX "better?" than the 458 or the GT? No. Does the NSX have its own unique place in automotive lore? Yes. Has it ever been duplicated? No. In my humble opinion, the NSX is certainly one of the most monumental automotive creations ever. The fact that so few people know or appreciate this makes it all the more special.

When I want to go 200 mph or roast the rear tires, I'll have to take the GT.

When I want razor sharp, fenetic passion and blink quick shifts, I'll take the 458.

When I want pure, sweet, balanced bliss, its the NSX all day long.

Now would someone please find me that NA1 coupe with 53 miles on it! :)

This made me shed a tear. Wonderfully written.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

It would take me pages and pages to fully respond to this request. For example, you mind want to read this: http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?25433-Owner-Review-Ford-GT-vs.-Ferrari-458-Part-1

However, here is the super short response:

1. NSX is a small package and it feels like it; you know where you are on the road and what the car is doing beneath you. Both the 458 and the GT are comparably large cars that can bite you in the rump, and hard. Especially the mighty GT.

2. The ergonomics; you wear the NSX, you drive the others. The 458 and the GT are both great in this regard, but the NSX is stellar.

3. Usable power. Both the GT and the 458 are blindingly powerful and quick. The NSX is all about the balance.

4. Drama! When I take the 458 and the GT out, its like being a rock star in a room full a groupies. It gets REALLY OLD. In the NSX, a few nods and a smile or two is all I get and that makes me happy.

Is the NSX "better?" than the 458 or the GT? No. Does the NSX have its own unique place in automotive lore? Yes. Has it ever been duplicated? No. In my humble opinion, the NSX is certainly one of the most monumental automotive creations ever. The fact that so few people know or appreciate this makes it all the more special.

When I want to go 200 mph or roast the rear tires, I'll have to take the GT.

When I want razor sharp, fenetic passion and blink quick shifts, I'll take the 458.

When I want pure, sweet, balanced bliss, its the NSX all day long.

Now would someone please find me that NA1 coupe with 53 miles on it! :)

Amazing post on the fordgtforum and thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Your appreciation for the NSX is fantastic, you really do get it.

Truly appreciate your humor as well.

JC

We need more pics! :biggrin:

Want it done right, then do it yourself. :smile:

Congrats on the Zanardi acquisition, obviously in stellar condition.
might I add that the JIMGLO trailer is most appropriate to bring her home in
Very nice trailers and made right here in AZ too : )

Cheers !

Bumping thread because when I forwarded this thread to someone who wanted to read it, I found that the original link in post 11 doesn't seem to be working anymore.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...lardo-Porsche-GT3-RS-Ferrari-F430-Ferrari-458
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/458-italia/378054-owner-review-458-vs-ford-gt-part-1-a.html

Also hoping we get an update from the OP. :)

Im not the OP but here is the latest update
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/170222-the-ultimate-NSX-street-car

Thanks! I actually knew about that post too. Actually this is the one I probably should have bumped:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...the-Quest-for-200-in-an-NSX?highlight=zanardi

That's a specific one for which I'm hoping for updates. However in general any significant updates from Mr. H would be great. I sincerely enjoy his posts and thought this thread would be a good one to bump since this is the one that first captured my attention. I've forwarded this post and his GT/458 comparo to two other NSX owners and fine car collectors who really enjoyed the write-up, and in case Mr. H purchased any other new cars worth hearing about, I was hoping that bumping this thread would wake up his keyboard. :)

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone. Appreciate all who serve and have served.

Back