• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

bodyshop's practical joke

jaytip nsx said:
Who's Ryan?
With regard to him roughing me up,I would love him to try and get heavy handed with me.I'm not a bully and i don't condone violence but i have got 13 years of karate and kickboxing behind me with international honors.It would be "interesting" to say the least :biggrin: but i don't want to go down that road,i want to do it the right way.

Sorry about the "Ryan" - I got this thread confused with the NSX that was wrecked by the dealer. Also, re: IRS - Didn't realize this was in the UK, so obviously the IRS has nothing to do with it but the premise still holds. If you took the bodyshop to court you would probably have to admit complicity in teh deal to defraud the government agency(s) involved. NOT a good idea.

And, as far as your "martial arts" training goes, who ever said he would actually confront you and threaten to kick your ass. Most/many disreputable fellows wouldn't give you nearly that much of a "fighting chance". They wouldn't be looking for "sport", they'd simply be looking for "revenge" ! :wink:

NSX-GUY(post #48) said:
.... who ever said he would actually confront you and threaten to kick your ass.
....errrr
NSX-GUY(post #51) said:
Not to mention the fact that the bodyshop guy may not be averse to roughing somone up that really caused him grief........ :eek:
:biggrin:

but I take your point NSX-GUY, that he may be the type to ensure that Ivor 'never saw it coming'

then again, Ivor is a pretty small guy anyway, which may give a bigger guy the impression that he needn't bother with a stealth attack and just steam in - now that would be funny! (in the sense that he would soon discover the extent of Ivor's training!)

ctrlaltdelboy said:
....errrr

:biggrin:

but I take your point NSX-GUY, that he may be the type to ensure that Ivor 'never saw it coming'

then again, Ivor is a pretty small guy anyway, which may give a bigger guy the impression that he needn't bother with a stealth attack and just steam in - now that would be funny! (in the sense that he would soon discover the extent of Ivor's training!)

"roughing up someone" does not necessarily mean he would actually "confront" the person. Nor does ti mean he'd do it himself. Nor does it mean it'd be "one on one". :biggrin: :wink:

ajnsx is from Australia... the term "paying cash" is used (in Australia) when you want to do a deal which will not go through the books and therefore no tax will be paid and no receipt issued.... Exactly the contract jaytip agreed to. If a tradesman says he will do a job for "cash" everyone in Australia will know (or assumes) that the money is going straight into his wallet and will not go through the books....

Thanks for clearing that up AU-NSX, been on holidays couldn't reply! :D

RESULT !!!
Hey all,
everything went great in court today and he was ordered to compensate me for the cost of a new re-spray.YES!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thanks to all those who supported me on here.

Congratulations!
So .... going to have him do it again?
pain.gif

jaytip nsx said:
RESULT !!!
Hey all,
everything went great in court today and he was ordered to compensate me for the cost of a new re-spray.YES!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thanks to all those who supported me on here.

What is the limit of the award? A paint job can run from a few hundred dollars to many thousands.

I always have mixed emotions when people pay others under the table and end up with an unsatisfactory job.

The total he has to compensate me for is about £4000($7300) but i have deduct the cost of my solicitor out of that.I will still come out of it with enough to get the car fixed at a competant bodyshop though.

jaytip nsx said:
The total he has to compensate me for is about £4000($7300) but i have deduct the cost of my solicitor out of that.I will still come out of it with enough to get the car fixed at a competant bodyshop though.
I thought the jerk is supposed to pay for your solicitor since he lost the case. "Losers pay" is the rule in the UK.
Steve

Hi Joe,
I wanted to keep it in storage untill my house/garden/drive is all finished but i had to take it to court to be used as evidence,so i figured i may as well keep it on the road because i've missed driving it so much.

White,
That is generally the rule but this was a claim in the small claims courts as oppossed to magistrates court,or for cases where the amont being sought is greater than £5000,and as such he is not liable for my solicitors fees worst luck :mad:

Congratulations

I am really happy to see this (practical joke) smile wiped totally off his face!!

NSX-GUY said:
Gotcha. Thanks. But what do you expect from a country that says "Fair dinkum" and means "OK" !?!?!? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I've been to Oz twice. Great place. I love it. Wish I could retire there someday but for a place that was created by importing convicts you guys sure are picky about who you'll let live there nowadays. :wink:

Just came across this post of yours NSX-GUY....

LOL... Very funny... True that Australia was initially settled by the English exporting their convicts here...

However, that was only after The War of Independence and the English could not export them to America anymore! But by that stage all the really bad convicts had already gone... :wink: :biggrin:

Any real criminals after that were either executed or were sent to New Zealand.... :biggrin:

Back