• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bought a 350Z, still dreamin' bout the NSX!

Alright Alright, after doing some math and thinking, I will be keeping the Z and will also get an NSX.

So my shopping starts, and I am ready to search and be patient so that I find the right NSX.

I personally do not like the 350z at all. I dont think you can compare the 2 cars at all. If I saw an nsx on every corner i might like it less too...

350z's are nice cars don't get me wrong but they can only be compared to an s2000 maybe, it's in no way a comparo to an NSX.

Why buy a 06 350z "recently" and already looking for an NSX? Prepare to get raped at trade-in at a dealer if you go that route....

I had my 01 s2000 and later considered a new 350z roadster cuz my buddy had a twin turbo one that was super sweet. But my better half got me to buy a 2005 s2000 and I never looked back. The 350z is just another car on the road. The s2000 IMO is more unique....

But after buying the NSX, it's a no frills car that has little in terms of competition from other brands! :biggrin:

Name another exotic under 100k that can make me smile like this car can...can't think of one!

Probably the ONLY car I would consider to replace the nsx is the R8 but at this point don't want to spend the additional money.

rk

I bought a Z because I wanted a 97+ NSX but for that price figured I would buy a new 350Z and mod it!

My 3 choices of cars are 1- 97+ NSX 2- Skyline R34 GTR 3- 350Z

The skyline is out of the question until 2014, couldnt find the right NSX so I got the 350 (and got a great deal on it too!)

I am not comparing the 350 to the NSX but it is a very fun car (Id take a Z or an S2000 any day) but that is just my own opinion.

In my mind it is clear now though, I will get a 97+ NSX next year when Im done paying off the Z!

:smile: :rolleyes: :biggrin: :wink:

oh I meant i would take a Z over a S2000 anyday!

I couldn't decide so I bought the NSX and kept the Z I had. Then I had a baby (well my wife actually) and no place to put him so I had to sell one or the other for something with a back seat. Although very different cars, I absolutely loved to drive both; I would decide which one to drive when I walked into the garage in the morning. Silver Z, Black NSX... they looked so good together.

Well the Z had to go a couple of weeks ago and now I am driving my wife's CR-V almost everyday to daycare and work :frown: Although I am in search of something sportier with a back seat I do miss my Z.

If you can swing it keep the Z and save up a little longer for the X.

We have a near PERFECT 91 NSX with all the great upgrades for sale.
Just lowerd the price to $42,500!! All that see it say it looks like NEW!

So, this will solve your problem :biggrin:

Last edited:
:confused: you got to be kidding right? ... sorry 150MPH i believe ... but 167MPH? ,,, hummmm to get there you'll need some good $$$ .. even the Nismo Z it's rated 155 .... + by the time you get to 150 the NSX could have more speed .. ..

OScar

I do have to disagree...I have PERSONALLY seen 160mph on the dot in the Z.

You're on the same boat as me, I am currently selling my S2000 to pick up an NSX, keep it Honda.

double the mileage, double the price, double the age, but I am more than certain it will be double the fun :)

i have heard about a common problem on 350z. 03-04 model has suspension design problem. alignment gone fast. someone even bought 3 sets of tires within 15000 miles. lot of complaints. also, it may have tranny problem.

anyone knows about 05-07 model???

I think you are overlooking a couple key items:

1. Depreciation - I think it may be wiser to buy a 91-96 NSX than your 350Z. If you still feel the need for a 97+ in a few years, trade up.
2. Magazine vs real life - I have plenty of experience with NA1 vs NA2 NSXs. It isn't really that big of a difference IMO, and most that IS there is either joy of cruising with the targa, or the better gearing of the 6 speed. Drive an NA1 - I guarantee that 350Z will be gone soon. If you want the targa, get a 95-96 on the cheap. If the performance gap bothers you, buy one pre modded.

$.02

Back