• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake Hold System Problem light came on ....what the heck is this?

i have a 2019 nsx w 900 miles on it - im driving it this morning - and i hear a small rattle in the front - goes away and then - this light comes on - BRAKE HOLD SYSTEM Problem and in below it (Brake System)

Also shows a picture of the nsx on a hill saying the system is not working

drives fine so i goto my meeting and 2 hours later i turn on the car and the warning is gone and all is good right now.

humm......

anyone have any experiences like this or have advice?

thank you

FYI. got all sorts of brake codes from a weak stock 12 volt battery.. did you leave it sitting for a long period of time (more than 2 weeks) or with the fob in the car? I did and it brought the voltage down just enough to trigger the same warnings and they were not captured in the system after a full charge... there is a stander electric tic tic from the front in slow speeds so that is normal

KK34

What is taking so long for Honda to fix the electrical system. This is not an acceptable failure mode for a weak battery. Some engineer did not do a proper DFMEA or Failed to design a electrical system that addresses those failure modes. This theme keeps coming up. Why is a failure on center mounted brake light prevent the whole car from starting.

There is truth this car was put together half baked. And it looks like no one it the helm to fix this because they are too busy keeping PMC busy with more red Acura after selling 6.units last.month.

um... the centre brake light issue was resolved with the recall for the 2017 versions and has not been an issue with production after the recall was initiated. if a 2017 has not had that recall, it may still be a candidate for a full lock down but that is very unlikely as the sweep was comprehensive and well broadcast. Low 12 Volt main battery levels do cause the system to throw brake warnings but those codes and dash error warnings do not cause the car to "not run" and go full lockdown. My issue was that I was a dolt and left the key fob in the car and the car never actually went into sleep mode.. There is parasitic draw (albeit minor) and if the car is left for 2 weeks or more, can hit that threshold but that lower voltage on the 12 v battery doesn't affect starting or running and when run an cycle (getting voltage back to norm) the codes disappear. Acura had no issue replacing the battery in warranty and just recommended that i a) not leave my fob in the car in my garage and B) if i leave it for more than 2 weeks, just place the trickle charger on it... I'm OK with that as it is the standard practice for pretty much any Ferrari (new) and other exotics in their dealerships ( I checked in person at Ferrari of Vancouver and all the new cars were all on full trickle chargers on the floor) The OG poster never said it went full lockdown and just noted that after he got to work (probably charging the battery) when he came out 2 hours after a meeting the codes were gone when he restarted it - pretty much the exact same issue as mine had...

um... the centre brake light issue was resolved with the recall for the 2017 versions and has not been an issue with production after the recall was initiated. ...

I'm guessing that you don't quite get what DFMEA means, as Silver F16 refer to above

"Design failure mode and effect analysis"

Bram

I'm guessing that you don't quite get what DFMEA means, as Silver F16 refer to above

"Design failure mode and effect analysis"

Bram

I get that Bram but F16 is bringing up an issue that was resolved ages ago to cloud the issue of this thread. "Why is a failure on center mounted brake light prevent the whole car from starting" just about every first year - first run car has unforeseen issues - from lowly Fiats to Lamborghinis - there has never been a perfect run - perfect built car ... I'm just pointing out that all were quickly identified and proactively recalled when they came up and have not been issues since thats all.

Cool, these are issues typical of New ground up design cars or any complex item.....that is the price one pay's for being the first one on the block with a new Toy.

Bram

Back