• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake rotor replacement

Pre-purchse inspection of 99 revealed warped brake rotors.
OEM not currently available? What are recommended replacements?
Not interested in slotted or "upgraded" rotors.

How about recommended brake pads as well?

Last edited:
Consider putting the rotors on a lathe. Some shops even have "on car" lathes so there is little chance for operator error.

I like the stock OEM pads a lot.

I drive moderately hard, live on a 3-mile 8 pct hill and my brakes are at 100k miles without issue.

Rock auto has Centric rotors for $130 /ea (front) and $115 /ea (rear). I think OEM pads are a good choice for the street.

Edit: I’d check Amazon too as I have bought the same Centric or Raysbestos rotors for ~$30/ea before.

Last edited:
I like my EBC rotors and use "Yellow Stuff" pads (Thats their name) on the NSX. I have EBC brakes on all my vehicles and like them; RSX, Pilot, Motorcycle. Can get good prices buying the rotors and pads together as a combo. I usually buy from Carid.com. Call to place your order if you are a Veteran you get 10-15% off.

Rock auto has Centric rotors for $130 /ea (front) and $115 /ea (rear). I think OEM pads are a good choice for the street.

Edit: I’d check Amazon too as I have bought the same Centric or Raysbestos rotors for ~$30/ea before.

Centric Premium are about 120 or so from Rock
I went with centric basic from rock for about 30 a rotor

I like my EBC rotors and use "Yellow Stuff" pads (Thats their name) on the NSX. I have EBC brakes on all my vehicles and like them; RSX, Pilot, Motorcycle. Can get good prices buying the rotors and pads together as a combo. I usually buy from Carid.com. Call to place your order if you are a Veteran you get 10-15% off.

I'm currently using the EBC Yellow Stuff pads on our stock NSX, and concur that they are a great choice for street to light track use.

Pre-purchse inspection of 99 revealed warped brake rotors.
OEM not currently available? What are recommended replacements?
Not interested in slotted or "upgraded" rotors.

How about recommended brake pads as well?

Centric rotors, as everyone else here has said. For a pure street pad, I like Project Mu NS, Carbotech 1521 and EBC Red. OEM Honda is also very good. For street/track, I really liked the Project Mu HC800 on my GT-R. A little noisy, though.

Back