• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brand New LoveFab Headers. A First for the NSX Community

Re: Brand New LoveFab Headers. A First for the NSX Community!

You guys all bring up valid points! Later this week we will attempt to perform back to back dyno tests on the same day, same dyno, same dyno settings. This will lay all theories and possible variables to rest.

On another note, we will build test pipes to adapt from our headers to other exhausts. We have a 91 and a 97 exhaust in the shop. Any others that are not in the same generation will have to send us their exhaust for test pipe production. Finally, test pipes will NOT be built until after a deposit is placed on the headers.

Mac Attack, these are not short tube headers. Far from it :wink:

Hi,

and that way, what would be the price for the headers and Test-pipes for a 91-94 exhaust ??

Thanks,
Nuno

Hi,

and that way, what would be the price for the headers and Test-pipes for a 91-94 exhaust ??

Thanks,
Nuno

I would be interested in this deal as well. any pictures of the headers and the piping that is gonna be needed to mate to other AM exhausts?

Group buy header only?? Count me in, soon tho. Those cantrell's are screaming my name until I heard about this header.

Please let us all know soon!

I am interested in a 1991-1994 headers only.

It looks like we will be hitting the dyno tomorrow for some final testing.

I will figure out a group buy price for you guys. Keep in mind, these headers will not work with the factory catalytic converters. Aftermarket high-flow catalytic converters might be able to be included within "test pipes", but we won't know for sure until we test fit them.

Hi,

ok... let me ask one last question:

i have:
- a titanium exhaust with 91-94 layout
- titanium test-pipes with 91-94 layout

from the following, which can be possible:

- keep the exhaust and test-pipes and add your headers with adapters to factory 91-94 headers flangeslocations??

or

- keep exhaust, sell titanium test-pipes and add your headers with adapters to factory exhaust 91-94 flanges locations??

i ask this because only uou know if there is any room left to make adapters to still use 91-94 test-pipes :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

It looks like we will be hitting the dyno tomorrow for some final testing.

If you hit the dyno, could you directly measure the rpm of the engine?

On the passenger side of the engine compartment there’s a tachometer connector mounted on the cooling fan. It’s a single green wire pointing straight up with a black rubber cap on the end (see the attached picture from page 23-88 of the service manual). If you measure the rpm from there, that should be as accurate as you can get.

Attachments

• Test Tachometer Connector.jpg
    Test Tachometer Connector.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 229
These better be able to mate up to the exhausts in your turbo kit. Otherwise, I will be uber pissed. You know why I need the updated headers too.

Looking forward to seeing the updated dyno results.

Hey guys, we completed the back-to-back dyno testing!

Let me start by saying we learned a valuable lesson! The best comparison results can only be gathered by testing components as close to back-to-back as possible. The same dyno settings and RPM pickup point was used for these tests, which occurred only hours apart from eachother.

The new results are closer to what should be expected. We ended up with a 22.3 WHP and 11.7 WTQ gain.

Chris%20Post%20Final%20Dyno%20Graph.jpg

The headers should really come to life when excess exhaust flow is introduced by Forced Induction.

We are anxiously awaiting somebody with a Supercharger to step up and help us with testing!

I also wanted to extend a 'thank you' to the members in this thread that contributed their thoughts about the tests. I really appreciate your feedback as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our products and methods.

No, 'Thank You' for taking the extra time and expense to go back and test these again.

I definitely agree that bigger gains could be realized with forced induction applications.

Any pictures or video files please?

Dave

Hey guys!

Retail pricing is set at $1899.99

We will reduce the price to $1599.99 if we can get at least 5 people to commit to a purchase at once. Exhaust adapters will have to be discussed on an individual basis as different exhaust combinations will result in different components and therefore different prices.

Pictures of the headers will be posted shortly.

Thanks!

In for possible group buy. However, I'm still curious as to the extra charges for adapter pipes.

if it helps any, I have a 91 with stock headers and a AM exhaust that bolts on directly.

My car is 3.5l with high boots SOS supercharger. I'll be intresting to see the hp gain with this header with my set up.
Any pic or sound clip on this header yet?

My car is 3.5l with high boots SOS supercharger. I'll be intresting to see the hp gain with this header with my set up.
Any pic or sound clip on this header yet?

Coming from a man who said his 1st and 2nd gear are now worthless, why do you need more hp???? :rolleyes:

Coming from a man who said his 1st and 2nd gear are now worthless, why do you need more hp???? :rolleyes:

hahaha i am only joking about my 1st and 2nd gear, because i am so excited about my new power:smile:. i properly just need new tire.
i don't thinks i want more hp for now, but it will be cool to see the first exhaust that make for force induction with my set up. i don't know, but since my engine is increase to 3.5l i think with the lovefab header it will help the engine breathe better.

I take it the results are still with a custom exhaust attached? or did you try the runs with OEM?

and when will you release/price the header with the custom test pipes?

I too would like to see dynos with an OEM cats/exhaust. I take it the +22.3HP and +11.7TQ were with an aftermarket exhaust?

Thanks.

Back