• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brembo Indy owners. What pads do you run for track w/ occasional street driving

Looking for best compromise track/occasional street pads for Brembo Indys (328mm F&R). What are ya'll running? Running a set of very noisy track pads on the street is getting old. Also who has the best price on replacement rotors? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Would the Indy be the same as the F-50 front - Lotus rear? If so I have two sets of track/street pads or series 100.

PFc-1 on Billy's and ryneen's recommendation very good choice.

I'll have to look around for that info.

- - - Updated - - -

ok if you have the indy motorsport caliper like I do ,I went to R/A Hoerr website and sized it up with a stencil of my old pads and came up with PFC7700.01.16.44........

Recently Hawk Performance (one of my business vendor) asked me if I want to give their DTC pads a try.
Has anyone tried these pads with brembo indys or stock brakes? They are Hawk Performance DTC-70 (front) and DTC-60 (rear).
Hawk swears it'll outperform PF pads
:biggrin:

If you run the Hawks, do not run PFC pads after without turning the rotors or taking a wire brush to the discs aggressively to get all the material off. PFCs don't like other pad materials.

I'll be interested in that comparo...let us know what kind of driving you do ..ie street track

I run the Porterfield R4S now. No noise but i've got mixed feelings at the track. Seems to be easy on the rotors and they consistently don't fade but I wish overall bite was more crisp. The later may be due to old brake fluid so that's getting changed this season.

The R4S is a bit of a tried and true pad but it's also old technology (unless they've reformulated the compound which I don't know about)

- - - Updated - - -

The thing I like about using Porterfield.. they are local in OC. They can grind down the pads to a custom thickness for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone use Winmax or Carbotech?

Never used Winmax or Porterfield. I went from Carbotech to PFC. Carbotech makes some very good pads. I just thought the PFC pads last longer, and have almost the same amount of bite as the Carbotech pads. Carbotech has a bigger range of pads to choose from(last time I checked), but were not as easy to modulate as well as PFC pads. Carbotechs can be burned through very fast I felt.

**Two important things to remember with PFC is that you absolute must never use them on a rotor with other brake material on it, and you better bed them in correctly after every install. **

Ran Carbotech for 2 1/2ish years and PFC for 4ish now.

edit: I didn't think dusting was bad with either. Sonax rim cleaner did a good job on them.

Last edited:
Having bought an NSX with the Comptech Indy system on it, do most aftermarket wheels.. like say Volk TE37 clear this? I know. Off topic.

TIA

I'm pretty quick for a hpde guy and i went through a set of new rs4 pads in the morning of day 2 in a 2 day event many moons ago...the pads just crumbled to nothingness.....never had that with any other pads.

that was on the bbk front

Back