• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bride Zeta II/III vs NSX-R vs Pole Position

I just found the Zeta II's yesterday but apparently they've been discontinued and was surprised at how much they look like the R seats.

Anyone sat in them and been able to compare them to the R seats or the pole positions?

Also who makes a better seat Bride or Recaro?

100_0573.jpg

I've been looking into the NSX-R seats. Seems that the NSX-R seats are kevlar vs. CF, and the RECARO logo is smaller/classier.

NA2 seats have the reverse of a standard model RECARO OEM covering, with cloth on the outers. Looking at ads for used NA1 seats, the suede seems to get dirty once exposed to oil from the skin/hair.

I still don't know what the difference between a LH and RH RECARO seat is.

Used seats from 1993:

attachment.php

Attachments

• recaro93.jpg
    recaro93.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 4,116
Last edited:
I still don't know what the difference between a LH an RH RECARO seat is.

The back of the seats is diffrent from the OEM NSX-R Recaros and the Pole Positions is that the OEM has reinforcing ribs on the shell.

Pole Positions have a different angle to the shoulders and are slighty different in a way that makes them more comfortable than OEM NSX-R seats, at least to me.

When I had my NSX-R I could not fin any difference between the L and R seats. The rails were different and my passenger side rail was non powered.

Cheers,

AR

Hey AR99

Since you can't recline the PP or NSX-R seats how are they for long trips? Also have you ever sat in the Brides?

Hi mate,

Longest trips I ever did in the NSX-R were around 3 hrs and they were OK for that.

My problem with them was that I have quite broad shoulders ( 50" cheast ) and the NSX-R OEM shoulder support is too narrow. Some other people have also complained about this. On long trips it might be OK as one is not shifting much. In town or track days it would get bothersome quite quick. Everytime I went for a mountain drive I would come back with a back ache.

Never sat in a Bride one.

Cheers,

AR

Hi mate,

Longest trips I ever did in the NSX-R were around 3 hrs and they were OK for that.

My problem with them was that I have quite broad shoulders ( 50" cheast ) and the NSX-R OEM shoulder support is too narrow. Some other people have also complained about this. On long trips it might be OK as one is not shifting much. In town or track days it would get bothersome quite quick. Everytime I went for a mountain drive I would come back with a back ache.

Never sat in a Bride one.

Cheers,

AR

Good info! I have pretty broad shoulders so info like this helps. I want something lighter than stock and as light as possible but also need to be able to do 10-11 hour drives in them.

I've heard so many good things about the NSX-R seats but pricing ( $18k ) seems pretty steep.

The brides seem to be the spitting image and I can get them in CF or Kevlar so the weight should be similar.

there is no difference between left versus right nsx-r seats.
i think the nsx-r seats are the most comfortable no reclining racing seats i have ever sat in.

The holes for the seat belt and seat belt buckle are different, so yes, there is a specific 'right' and 'left' seat. The seat belt hole is more rectangular while the seat belt buckle hole is more square. Also, the buckle side is flared outwards more than the other side for the seat belt buckle to slide through.

Perry, the NSX R seat is very similar to the OEM seats. Even though it does not recline, it is not as straight up as every other Recaro Bucket I tried in the past.

When are you going to be out here in the LA area? If you do visit, come by and check my seats out.

BTW, some one locally is going to replicate the R seats in CK. They are using my seat, and I will get a pair as part of the deal. I'll keep you posted. so just wait for few months to see if the result is the same as OEM. The project took a long time to start because they couldn't find the right memory foam for padding, but I heard they finally found some one that is willing.

I have driven my car from LA to SF many times, or LA to Vegas with out any issues. They are like OEM comfort but with more support.

Last edited:
I've been looking into the NSX-R seats. Seems that the NSX-R seats are kevlar vs. CF, and the RECARO logo is smaller/classier.

NA2 seats have the reverse of a standard model RECARO OEM covering, with cloth on the outers. Looking at ads for used NA1 seats, the suede seems to get dirty once exposed to oil from the skin/hair.

Used seats from 1993:

attachment.php

These seats look very very similar to the seats that came in the spirit-r fd3s. Might be a cheaper alternative, they are cf and cost around $3300 used. The black ones goes for around $2500.
2002_Mazda_RX7SpiritR4.jpg

And recaro > bride any day of the week, any company that makes seats for porsche and high end cars is a good quality company. I can guarantee their R&D budget is 100x more then Bride, and I would not fool around when it comes to safety.

Last edited:
These seats look very very similar to the seats that came in the spirit-r fd3s. Might be a cheaper alternative, they are cf and cost around $3300 used. The black ones goes for around $2500.
2002_Mazda_RX7SpiritR4.jpg

And recaro > bride any day of the week, any company that makes seats for porsche and high end cars is a good quality company. I can guarantee their R&D budget is 100x more then Bride, and I would not fool around when it comes to safety.

I don't know too much about Bride, do they come with FIA approval stickers on them?

NSX-R seats v.2

BTW, some one locally is going to replicate the R seats in CK. They are using my seat, and I will get a pair as part of the deal. I'll keep you posted. so just wait for few months to see if the result is the same as OEM. The project took a long time to start because they couldn't find the right memory foam for padding, but I heard they finally found some one that is willing...
Hey chief! Please keep moi' in the loop w/ this, if/when w/ any developments or progress comes to light.

I'm tryin' to source some JDM NSX Type-S seats, but if some virtual-replicas (w/ Alcantara/ultra-suede & contrast-stitching) of your original '93+ NSX-R seats become a reality, I'll put off my search... provided that these NSX-R seat replicas are priced like replicas (not actual original/after-market offerings), lolz! :D

Yeah, me too.... after seeing the cost of type-s/r seats, I pretty much put that on the way back burner....like years from now. lol

Replicas have more promise....as long as their as comfortable as Type R's. I've never been a fan of the bucket racing seat...but somehow the Type R/s seats fit perfectly.

Looks like several of us fence sitters got bitten by the exchange rate. Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda-

I've got my eye on these @ $3500 ea., ...

[
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ASM_Recaro_SP-GN.jpg
    ASM_Recaro_SP-GN.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 3,430
  • SP-GN%20ASM%20LIMITED.jpg
    SP-GN%20ASM%20LIMITED.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 3,710
Major, if they cost 3500 each, why not spend a little more, like 6500 each on Type R seats, new:wink:

Major, if they cost 3500 each, why not spend a little more, like 6500 each on Type R seats, new:wink:

I thought Type R's were closer to 9k a piece.

Last edited:
$6500 is more certainly more "reasonable" than $9000, did something change?

The biggest obstacle holding me back is HONDA's promise of a new car in "2010".

I don't know too much about Bride, do they come with FIA approval stickers on them?

They come with the Japanese equivalent of FIA that has to meet the same standards.

Ok I just popped out one of my OEM seats and total weight is 42.5 lbs. Majority of course seems to be in the seat rail.

Now manual sliding seat rails weigh from 14-16 lbs. The two bride seats that I'm looking at ( Zeta III CF and GAIS CK ) weigh 17 and 27 lbs respectively so at best I'd be saving 11.5lbs per side ( 23 lbs saved total ) and at worse gaining 1/2 a pound per side.

The NSX-R NA1 seats with rails weigh 13.6kg or 29.98lbs for the driver and 11.6 kg or 25.57lbs. Total of 29.45 savings over stock.

Vance any idea how much the replicas will weigh with rails?

$6500 is more certainly more "reasonable" than $9000, did something change?

The biggest obstacle holding me back is HONDA's promise of a new car in "2010".

I'm not like a certain vender with high price on every thing. I'm just charging a small brokerage fee....

This is for the seats only, the rails are separate cost. You can buy cheap rails or spend another $3k for Honda OEM rails.

I'm sure if you can afford the new car, the seats are no problem...lol

Ok I just popped out one of my OEM seats and total weight is 42.5 lbs. Majority of course seems to be in the seat rail.

Now manual sliding seat rails weigh from 14-16 lbs. The two bride seats that I'm looking at ( Zeta III CF and GAIS CK ) weigh 17 and 27 lbs respectively so at best I'd be saving 11.5lbs per side ( 23 lbs saved total ) and at worse gaining 1/2 a pound per side.

The NSX-R NA1 seats with rails weigh 13.6kg or 29.98lbs for the driver and 11.6 kg or 25.57lbs. Total of 29.45 savings over stock.

Vance any idea how much the replicas will weigh with rails?

We are still working on the seat, so weight will be unknown until it is made. I'll keep you posted.

As for the type of fabric, that is to be determined until the shell is made. The shell is the most important part of the seat. I know where to get OEM NA1 R Recaro Fabric, but it is not cheap. We're still in search of NA2 fabric because it is not by Recaro.

Last edited:
Have pair of new black leather pole positions.....2k for set......Look awesome. but never installed.....:cool:

Not sure, maybe go to website for info. Rails /mounts weigh more than seats. I could probably throw a seat easy 50 feet. they are light.and look much better in leather than the cloth in my opinion.:cool:

Not sure, maybe go to website for info. Rails /mounts weigh more than seats. I could probably throw a seat easy 50 feet. they are light.and look much better in leather than the cloth in my opinion.:cool:

p.s they smell really good!!!!!!! That new leather smell:smile:

Looks like several of us fence sitters got bitten by the exchange rate. Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda-

I've got my eye on these @ $3500 ea., ...

[
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's an idea.....Buy both of my Recaro pole position leather seats, remove and save the leather..what a crime! anyway, then buy the seat material from vvroom. He has same stuff and different colors....see post on suede interior, for details....You would have same seats for less than one of the Recaros posted at 3500 ea. Mine could be had for 2k for both!.....think about it.:smile:

Last edited:
Back