• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bring A Trailer: When are we going to start seeing more high-mileage models auctioned

off over there?

Seems to me that we have a ton of garage queens being sold. I would like to start seeing some sales for cars with mileage north of 130K.

What do you think? Have a disproportionate number of low mileage models been sold already? Would this give rise to the high-mileage club members selling?

Thoughts?

off over there?

Seems to me that we have a ton of garage queens being sold. I would like to start seeing some sales for cars with mileage north of 130K.

What do you think? Have a disproportionate number of low mileage models been sold already? Would this give rise to the high-mileage club members selling?

Thoughts?

I'm willing to bet not anytime immediately soon. Seems like selling a high mileage NSX would be best done by attracting as many educated NSX shoppers as possible, and there are obviously many more here than at BAT. Can't help but also think selling a higher value NSX should work better at bring a trailer's race against the clock auctions than at prime.

On the flipside, I wonder how well a timed auction would work at NSX prime for certain high-value NSX's or really beat down resto project cars.

Last edited:
I was thinking of cars with more than 140K on the clock.

I know "theyskippy" had over 180K.

My Sebring Silver has (I sold it) 340K on the clock.

My current Brooklands Green has 142K.

Has it ever been considered to add a "Bring a Trailer" NSXs for sale group, just like the Ebay NSXs for sale group was added a few years ago? To me at least, BAT has become a much more compelling and interesting source to watch than Ebay, with (IMHO) generally higher quality than Ebay. If I were shopping now, BAT would be higher on my list than Ebay currently. Just a thought. With or without parallel discussion permitted to the discussion on BAT, it would be a nice added feature, especially if new ways to regenerate interest here away from Facebook are still being sought. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Has it ever been considered to add a "Bring a Trailer" NSXs for sale group, just like the Ebay NSXs for sale group was added a few years ago? To me at least, BAT has become a much more compelling and interesting source to watch than Ebay, with (IMHO) generally higher quality than Ebay. If I were shopping now, BAT would be higher on my list than Ebay currently. Just a thought. With or without parallel discussion permitted to the discussion on BAT, it would be a nice added feature, especially if new ways to regenerate interest here away from Facebook are still being sought. Just an idea.

Good thought, Yinzer. This would alleviate my constant scanning of the open auctions to find them all (well, that and the search function.)

I would support this for sure.

I have wondered what my cars would bring on Bring A Trailer. In spite of their mileage (247k miles on my Grand Prix White 1994 NSX and 77K miles on the Zanardi Edition NSX), they don't look like they have mileage that high, and both are cars with very detailed and diligent service histories. It would be funny to sell them as a pair. (2) unicorns going up for sale as (1) package would probably break the Internet. :)

I have wondered what my cars would bring on Bring A Trailer. In spite of their mileage (247k miles on my Grand Prix White 1994 NSX and 77K miles on the Zanardi Edition NSX), they don't look like they have mileage that high, and both are cars with very detailed and diligent service histories. It would be funny to sell them as a pair. (2) unicorns going up for sale as (1) package would probably break the Internet. :)

Along with my other suggestion above, why don’t we start a “what’s my car worth thread?”

How great and also train wreck-y would that be?

Your wish is my command....

H-

Ooops. I posted such a thread, but Lud took it down. It is evidently a no-no.

H-

Last edited:
Having sold a car on BaT recently... after going thru their selection process I doubt they'll flood their pipeline with high mile NSXs anytime soon. They curate their offerings very closely. Once they start including 2nd or 3rd tier cars (e.g. high mile NSXs) then either they see demand for the car getting higher (doubt it) or they're getting desperate for listings...

With that said.. if you're a seller or buyer participating in BaT... be cautious... while they did me well, i've had friends that have been burned hard.

Having sold a car on BaT recently... after going thru their selection process I doubt they'll flood their pipeline with high mile NSXs anytime soon. They curate their offerings very closely. Once they start including 2nd or 3rd tier cars (e.g. high mile NSXs) then either they see demand for the car getting higher (doubt it) or they're getting desperate for listings...

With that said.. if you're a seller or buyer participating in BaT... be cautious... while they did me well, i've had friends that have been burned hard.

If you want to get burned badly, buy a NC1 at MSRP of $170k+ and watch it be worth barely $120k with 5k miles on it a year later.

There's plenty of not-particularly-interesting-or-valuable junk on BaT so I don't think it's an issue of curation. I just browsed the auctions for a few minutes and found a 2002 Tacoma, a 2003 GTI, and a 2000 540i. None of those cars are particularly interesting or valuable, and as a 540i enthusiast, the 540i on BaT is a complete piece of junk.

I think it has more to do with the fact that people with high mileage NSXs just aren't that interested in selling them.

There's plenty of not-particularly-interesting-or-valuable junk on BaT so I don't think it's an issue of curation. I just browsed the auctions for a few minutes and found a 2002 Tacoma, a 2003 GTI, and a 2000 540i. None of those cars are particularly interesting or valuable, and as a 540i enthusiast, the 540i on BaT is a complete piece of junk.

I think it has more to do with the fact that people with high mileage NSXs just aren't that interested in selling them.
Funny you mention... I haven't been on BaT since I sold my E39 540iT M Sport Wagon last November. Has it really gone downhill? I have friends who still send me interesting listings from BaT that I occasionally click on.

At the time, their stance was generally... we'll get back to you in a few weeks... there are a lot of BMWs on BaT right now. It was a 2 month process to get it listed.

Last edited:
Your wish is my command....

H-

Ooops. I posted such a thread, but Lud took it down. It is evidently a no-no.

H-

I don't blame Lud. As interesting as it could be if only those with earnest intentions participated, without restricted entry and strict moderation, there's no doubt such a thread would blow up even at a site full of mostly reasonable folk like Prime. I was mostly kidding and only partially serious. :)

I don't blame Lud. As interesting as it could be if only those with earnest intentions participated, without restricted entry and strict moderation, there's no doubt such a thread would blow up even at a site full of mostly reasonable folk like Prime. I was mostly kidding and only partially serious. :)

Oh well. :smile:

H-

Burned how? I only ask because I am considering listing a car on their, and also have been bidding on a few.

You just never know.....saw a minty red 1991 with 2800 miles go for $102,500 then a couple days later a very clean 1997 white on black with 73k miles go for $47,500... I think the auto trans killed that one though.

Back