• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bringing back an NSX to life

Great project. coming along nicely.
Thanks!

Oh and here is a cheap photoshop of how the sides will look once they are white.Im stopping by the shop tomorrow to check up on them.I have a show to attend next Saturday and I better be there!

op8o6d.jpg

Add the missing little panels,maybe some matte black vinyl saying something somewhere and shazaam im done for now exterior wise.

Wow! The car looks great!!!

Your thread was interesting to stumble upon, as I remember seeing this NSX for sale on Ebay (of course when it was still black and only a roller). The day I went to buy it, you beat me to it with the "buy it now" option. No worries, I am glad you got it. It looks awesome. Funny how things work out, as I am now witnessing the transformation of an NSX which I missed out on buying..in only a matter of minutes. This greatly documented story you have shared with the community is meant to be, so I'm glad you got it mate!

Last edited:
Your thread was interesting to stumble upon, as I remember seeing this NSX for sale on Ebay (of course when it was still black and only a roller). The day I went to buy it, you beat me to it with the "buy it now" option. No worries, I am glad you got it. It looks awesome.

Funny how things work out, as I am now witnessing the transformation of an NSX which I missed out on buying..in only a matter of minutes. This greatly documented story you have shared with the community is meant to be, so I'm glad you got it mate!
Wow very surprising post.I didnt think I would somehow bump into a person that almost bought the same car as me.I figured since I didnt see it posted on here that no one was interested in it.

Thanks for the kind words.It has definitely been an interesting experience.Needless to say there was way more to do on it than what was mentioned.Putting in work on the car makes me appreciate more though.Goodluck on getting your manual NSX.

Here is the latest update guys.

August.15th,2009....

Painted rear valance center area,spoiler on now...
rihf2d.jpg

Headlight covers & mirrors on,the hood slit pieces are black but were drying...
5ai14l.jpg

Painted the pillars to white also since i wanted the updated look.Im gonna do the bumper mesh black when I get it home...
11ruebo.jpg

I'll prob end up painting this mesh area black too....
2j2xe0g.jpg

Side skirts werent bolted but all the brackets are on ready to go.I took a cell phone pic of the skirts the other day...
a9qz47.jpg

Almost ready to come home!!

Oh and I got a new ride too.Brand spanking new 09 non vtec. :p

33ncjkh.jpg

Im not gonna mod it anytime soon but when I do I plan on...

-stretch
-wide rear tire
-candy paint
-chrome wheels
-engine swap
-led lights

Here goes 2 weak night pics of the car.Bodyshop got done with it in the evening.I really need to paint all the mesh black soon.

Forgot to close the hood. :D

2h3o5ec.jpg

2ugkmf6.jpg

nicely done
Thanks.

Im starting to get some hope now that I might one day finish this car.After 7 days of UPS holding my hatch glass hostage,they finally sent it out.I got a big ass box in today...

Big enough to fit a couple of mail order wifes...
seatsbgjhb%20001.jpg

But all it had was packing peanuts...
seatsbgjhb%20003.jpg

And oh yeah a window too...
seatsbgjhb%20004.jpg

I'll put it on later tonight I hope.Not that I dont want to but my friend has the car at his workplace since he was doing some wiring on it.Now I gotta wait for him to drive it back because i am NOT gonna risk taking this in my car and breaking it on the way to deliver it to him.

well done! love white wide body NSX's!

What part of Houston are you in AlleyKat? I'm on the westside, Hwy 6 @ Westheimer and would like to see your car sometime.

tex
I live wayy over on i-10 east and BW8 intersection.People always think im talking about Katy but im talking about the opposite intersection.I will be driving the car around plenty so your bound to see it at meets,etc once its all done.Clutch job is half way done.Its taking a little longer since my friend/mechanic is busy with his real job.

well done! love white wide body NSX's!
Thanks. :smile:

Last edited:
just curious... any reason you spent all this $ and didn't update the front end? Just wondering..... crazy project! :)

Any updates sir?:biggrin:
Yes there is an update.I wanna meet the previous owner of this car and kick him in the nuts MMA style! :biggrin:

Not the guy that sold me the car because I know he just bought it to resell.But whoever owned it before that is a jackass.Why would you unplug things that arent meant to be unplugged!!? Were having a blast over here fixing that guys "work" or whatever you wanna call it.Got a ground fault right now that is killing me! Wiring gets to me,boy im glad I dont own a german car.buahahaha,had to say it.

just curious... any reason you spent all this $ and didn't update the front end? Just wondering..... crazy project! :)
cause EVERYbody has the new front end:biggrin:
Well to be honest my budget isnt as nice as it used to be.Maybe in the future but right now I can think of other things that I wanna use $4-5k on.

Anyways no real good pics until im happy with my pos.Clutch is in so thats a relief.Adjusted the rear wheels like 100x because my mechanic friend is THE definition of picky.I dont even remember what else we've done on it.I just wanna drive it already before I die.

Here we are at the gas station.Some random guy asked if it was a Lamborghini.I lol'd...

osda9w.jpg

:p

Alright just when I wanted to give up I got some more motivation.Shoot I was about to post it *FS AS IS* $16,000 :biggrin: but not anymore until I get frustrated again.

Just got some cell phone pics.The interior is a freaking mess since we took rear panels off AGAIN! :rolleyes:

oqiusz.jpg

v6kwom.jpg

Really dirty back bumper. :p Center of bumper painted black.
ok4qcn.jpg

Gonna see if I order some suede or alcantara to do my pillars and headliner myself.

Car starts,runs,drives,etc.Need to tweak the front end though since its misaligned.Dont wanna wear out the tires.

awsome job...keep it up.

Back