• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bringing back an NSX to life

Well looks like I got my 1st problem with the motor.I just now noticed its freaking drive by wire! Time to figure out what im gonna do to make it work.

Well looks like I got my 1st problem with the motor.I just now noticed its freaking drive by wire! Time to figure out what im gonna do to make it work.

Yikes!

I believe your motor is 95+ and your car is 91-94? Larry Bastanza and a few others will chime in but I believe you need to convert back over to obd1 and change the intake manifold, throttle body etc etc. I am pretty sure it will be nearly impossible to convert the car over for the 95+ obd2... well possibly but requiring new harnesses and ecu's etc.
Gluck and definitely post up in in the General or DIY forum these guys really know their stuff!

Yikes!

I believe your motor is 95+ and your car is 91-94? Larry Bastanza and a few others will chime in but I believe you need to convert back over to obd1 and change the intake manifold, throttle body etc etc. I am pretty sure it will be nearly impossible to convert the car over for the 95+ obd2... well possibly but requiring new harnesses and ecu's etc.
Gluck and definitely post up in in the General or DIY forum these guys really know their stuff!
I posted earlier in the owners discussion section now im just waiting for replies. :redface:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122458

Hopefully this doesnt end up costing me and arm and a leg because it will definitely slow down my progress.I will post updates when I get them.Kinda at a stand still right now.

Thanks to member Stevon on here I found out the solution to my woes.

I ended up sourcing all the parts I needed from him and other members on here.The small list was this:

91-94 intake mani
91-94 throttle body
91-94 engine harness
91-94 coilpacks

Some of the pieces came in today so now im just waiting on the rest.In the meantime I finally installed the rotors,brake calipers and a new set of Hawk pro pads to top it all off.Bled the brakes but my arm almost fell off bleeding the clutch! lol.It took more pumps than I was expecting.

The car had some misc dirty spots on it from getting worked on in a small garage so I have it a rinse.Here is the new pics of it with the suspension settled.The tire gap is at a minimum thats for sure.

The bodyshop still has all my missing small body pieces,side skirts,etc.

Main 19861.jpg

Main 19863.jpg

Main 19865.jpg

Im loving my NSX-R center tail light piece!

I cant wait for the engine parts to get here so I can drive it to the bodyshop for the final touches.The rear valance needs the black on it already.

Last edited:
looks good glad to hear you got it straightened out!!
Also glad to see another nsx almost living again

I cant wait for the engine parts to get here so I can drive it to the bodyshop for the final touches.The rear valance needs the black on it already.

Nice work!
Glad to hear you also see that the rear valance shall NOT be in the car body colour! It shall be black as the Honda designers understood and made it from the beginning.
On the other hand, the -02 valance is even nicer with thin line of body coulour down under between the exhausts - buy that one - I should if I had the money:wink: I saw one seller yesterday having three pcs.
Björn / Sweden
www.garaget.org/BjorNSX

Last edited:
Just saw this thread and made for a good read. Your NSX is looking good and well done for giving it new life.

I'd also second the 02 rear valence, especially on light colors. Maybe you could this when you do the fornt fender change?

Looking forward to the finished article!

regards,

Just saw this thread and made for a good read. Your NSX is looking good and well done for giving it new life.

I'd also second the 02 rear valence, especially on light colors. Maybe you could this when you do the fornt fender change?

Looking forward to the finished article!

regards,

If I was made of money I would do the rear end change emmidiately but never the front fender! The new -02 look is far to aggressive for my taste. My seller, MisterNSX here on the prime, changed the rear lights to the -02 lights before shipping the car. I must have orange turning lights at the back to have it registered. Last friday I got the car approved and I am driving all sunny days! ;).
Regards Björn

Thanks to member Stevon on here I found out the solution to my woes.

I ended up sourcing all the parts I needed from him and other members on here.The small list was this:

91-94 intake mani
91-94 throttle body
91-94 engine harness
91-94 coilpacks

Some of the pieces came in today so now im just waiting on the rest.In the meantime I finally installed the rotors,brake calipers and a new set of Hawk pro pads to top it all off.Bled the brakes but my arm almost fell off bleeding the clutch! lol.It took more pumps than I was expecting.

The car had some misc dirty spots on it from getting worked on in a small garage so I have it a rinse.Here is the new pics of it with the suspension settled.The tire gap is at a minimum thats for sure.

The bodyshop still has all my missing small body pieces,side skirts,etc.

Main 19861.jpg

Main 19863.jpg

Main 19865.jpg

NSX is looking great......we gotta hookup....:biggrin:

All the goods are HERE! From left to right,coolant bottle,harness,coil packs,intake mani,throttle body & gaskets.

Now waiting to install.

2iub5fd.jpg

Injector fail!

Found out the hard way that the 95-96 injectors DO NOT FIT the older intake mani.Another setback! No wonder im 24 with white hairs already popping out here and there.Someone change the thread title to NSX stress build 2009. :tongue:

Injector fail!

Found out the hard way that the 95-96 injectors DO NOT FIT the older intake mani.Another setback! No wonder im 24 with white hairs already popping out here and there.Someone change the thread title to NSX stress build 2009. :tongue:

white hairs to match your white car, your destined to have her:wink:

Pulling an all niter over here at Alleykat Garage :tongue:

2vayuj4.jpg

:eek: I didn't know there was a huge void below the intake manifold..... weird!

Injector fail!

Nice car & color B) I hope everything figured out soon 4 u :) !

Waiting on some other misc small parts from Acura.Not that I need them but im replacing things so I dont have to worry about if things are worn out later down the line.

:smile:

Last edited:
Thats awesome to see it running and moving now!

Wow very nice. Im very happy for you. You are almost there.:smile:

Thats awesome to see it running and moving now!
Wow very nice. Im very happy for you. You are almost there.:smile:
Thanks guys it was good to hear it rumble leaving my driveway.

I have made it my mission to finish this thing no matter what setbacks I encounter.I made a promise to a friend last week I would let him borrow the NSX when I was done.Unfortunately he was involved in a motorcycle accident and just recently passed.Once my NSX is done im gonna put on 1 of the small decals that the local Houston import car forum has made to remember him.Im gonna have him in my car 1 way or another so I can keep my promise.It saddens me but I know everything happens for a reason.

http://www.katytimes.com/articles/2009/06/17/news/doc4a37fdf95f80f897419908.txt

^ link added :(

Last edited:

I have made it my mission to finish this thing no matter what setbacks I encounter.I made a promise to a friend last week I would let him borrow the NSX when I was done.Unfortunately he was involved in a motorcycle accident and just recently passed.Once my NSX is done im gonna put on 1 of the small decals that the local Houston import car forum has made to remember him.Im gonna have him in my car 1 way or another so I can keep my promise.It saddens me but I know everything happens for a reason.

sorry to hear for your loss bro... I can tell this project means a lot! It takes bawls and patience to restore a car back to its original glory!

:frown::frown::frown:

Back