• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bringing back an NSX to life

So sorry to hear about your friend. I also lost my closest friend and it's definitely something that is hard to deal with.

But congrats on the car, thats awesome!!!

Last edited:
Recorded a little more now with the exhaust on.Gonna finish tidying up some stuff before I take it back to the bodyshop to get finished up.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JaJiT_2ZG0A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JaJiT_2ZG0A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And yes my neighbors think im crazy. :D

Recorded a little more now with the exhaust on.Gonna finish tidying up some stuff before I take it back to the bodyshop to get finished up.

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/JaJiT_2ZG0A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

And yes my neighbors think im crazy. :D

:eek: sounds redic!!!!

car looks good and sounds real nice..

I drove the NSX back to the bodyshop so they could finally put on my side skirts,headlight covers,etc.

My initial thoughts on the car feel is:

"Wow these seats feel pretty low"
"Man its hot i wish they hadnt cut the A/C hoses coming out of the compressor"

and last but probably most important

"holy sh*t I need some freaking bushings!!!!!"

It wasnt near the best of ride quality once I got to higher speeds! lol.Im gonna order a bushing set soon so it can be here before the car is ready to come home.

New ideas I came up with are custom installing an s2000 engine start button.I was already gonna shave off the cigg lighter and ash tray so now im thinking of putting it there.I'll figure something out before I take it to get the double din headunit put in.

The car was already turning heads on the freeway and its not even done! Kids were pointing,dads were looking and even had 2 people snap phone pics.Now im more hyped about finishing it.

-Alex

New ideas I came up with are custom installing an s2000 engine start button.I was already gonna shave off the cigg lighter and ash tray so now im thinking of putting it there.I'll figure something out before I take it to get the double din headunit put in.-Alex

Definitely, I was thinking about doing it before too:

125hr3n.jpg

Some people showed interest, but I guess if you can come up with a good mod, people would love to buy it!:biggrin:

Haven't updated this lately.Basically car is STILL just sitting at the shop since they are beyond packed.And just when I thought things couldn't get worse I got a new cooling mod.

Its custom...
facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

2ccmctg.jpg

The shop told me their mechanic broke it and he is paying for a replacement.

OMG! :eek::eek::eek:

Dude i would have someone's ass for that.....

how did he manage that? Or was it on purpose? :mad:

OMG! :eek::eek::eek:

Dude i would have someone's ass for that.....

how did he manage that? Or was it on purpose? :mad:
Supposedly he had the engine hatch open with the motor running to recharge the battery since it was sitting.According to him the hatch struts,which are brand new,must have got hot and the hatch fell down.The shop owner doesn't believe him but told him either way hes gotta pay for it.One thing I was thinking about is - supposedly he was charging the battery.Why did he open the hatch? The battery is in the hood,in the FRONT of the car! Plus I had the car running for longgg periods of time with the hatch open after the swap.Well whats done is done.Just waiting on a guy with a hatch to email me back.

Supposedly he had the engine hatch open with the motor running to recharge the battery since it was sitting.According to him the hatch struts,which are brand new,must have got hot and the hatch fell down.The shop owner doesn't believe him but told him either way hes gotta pay for it.One thing I was thinking about is - supposedly he was charging the battery.Why did he open the hatch? The battery is in the hood,in the FRONT of the car! Plus I had the car running for longgg periods of time with the hatch open after the swap.Well whats done is done.Just waiting on a guy with a hatch to email me back.

hmmm sounds really suspect to me too...

I wonder if he was driving around with it open and it hit something... what a dumbass!! :eek: They better clean up the engine bay covered with bits of glass.....

or possibly was trying to close it by slamming it shut instead of setting it down and pressing it shut.

hope everything gets back on track. can't wait to see the final result.

Well I compiled a list of what mods i've done so far & the few of what the car came with.

-New Hawk Pro brake pads front and rear
-New floor mats in black/white
-New NSX-R center tail light
-New Science of speed engine hatch struts
-New tires all around including Eagle F1 run flat rears
-New oem NSX key in black/red
-New Science of speed double din bracket -not installed yet-
-New Grand Prix White paint job including jams,frame & roof like 95+ models
-New front bumper with shaved corner lights
-New double din headunit -not installed yet-
-New Cimota trunk struts
-New intake mani gaskets

-Newer model "95-96" engine with 60k miles,converted back to throttle cable,matched tranny
-Newer model "95-96" tranny so you dont have to worry about snap ring problem
-Motor harness,intake mani and throttle body swapped to "91-94" to eliminate drive by wire
-Injen intake
-Comptech springs
-CF hood,painted to match
-Vinnys side skirts
-Shaved antenna
-Taitec rear widebody panels
-Racing Hart CP035 wheels 18x7.5,18x10
-Fresh coil packs
-Fresh coolant bottle since they tend to crack due to sun exposure
-Painted rear valance center in black

Things I got rid of were:

-The silver key,YES im the only 1 that hates it! :biggrin::tongue:
-Black paint because it hides the lines
-Oem center tail light because its plain jane
-Zanardi mats because black/white ones fit my car better

Im thinking about a couple of little knick knacks like HIDs for the headlights and doing my own LED blinkers.That among other things but im waiting for the car to get back.

Im just frustrated right now that its gone so long.Anyone wanna buy it? lol.No I couldnt do it unless I was offered a hot asian woman as part of the offer. :biggrin:

supposedly he was charging the battery.Why did he open the hatch? The battery is in the hood,in the FRONT of the car!

The car is jumped/charged from the engine bay, just FYI :)

Hey here's a chance to get Lexan instead of glass :biggrin:

The car is jumped/charged from the engine bay, just FYI :)

Hey here's a chance to get Lexan instead of glass :biggrin:
So the plot thickens. :tongue: Guys I wish I had a manual but I dont.All I know is someones gonna be hurt in a special place when I tell them the prices I found for the rear hatch.lol

So the plot thickens. :tongue: Guys I wish I had a manual but I dont.All I know is someones gonna be hurt in a special place when I tell them the prices I found for the rear hatch.lol

you can download them in PDF form now tho :)

Finally some new pics.

Car looks so different now and no not just because the side skirts are yellow! :tongue:

bodyshop 001.jpg

bodyshop 002.jpg

bodyshop 003.jpg

bodyshop 004.jpg

More updates as they come in.They needed my lug nut key thats how I got this update.The bottom of the skirts aren't attached to anything so they are flimsy at the moment.Good thing they have to figure out a bracket and not me. :biggrin:

I forgot to ask if these sides are supposed to go over oem side skirts? I never had oem skirts to begin with so I wouldnt know.I got a nice gap from the car to the skirt itself.Trying to see how im gonna make it look better than it is right now.

Back