• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Busted! 6 speeders blow past trooper in exotic cars

GRAND RONDE, Ore. - The drivers of six exotic sports cars were busted - all at one time - for speed racing Thursday along a two-lane highway in Oregon's Coastal Range.
An Oregon State Police trooper pulled the drivers over after he spotted the cars racing at high speeds along Highway 18 near Grand Ronde.

About two hours later, one of the same vehicles was again stopped again by a trooper in the Columbia River Gorge for a high-speed violation.

Senior Trooper David Peterson began watching for the speeding vehicles at about 11:15 a.m. after receiving a dispatch from the Oregon State Police's Northern Command Center.

The center reported about 10 exotic-style cars - including Ferraris, a Lamborghini and others - passing in no-pass zones and traveling at high speed on the highway, which connects Lincoln City on the coast with the Willamette Valley.

Trooper Peterson pulled off the highway and observed five of the vehicles scream past at a high rate of speed. As he accelerated onto Highway 18, a sixth vehicle blew the past patrol car at high speed.

The trooper stopped all six vehicles and cited the drivers for speed racing. The drivers were cooperative and told the trooper there was a total of 20 similar vehicles traveling together on an annual road trip.

One of the stopped drivers was from Washington state and the other drivers were from Canada.

More than two hours later one of the same vehicles, a 2004 Lamborghini with Alberta license plate "BADBUL," was stopped about 1:45 p.m. on Interstate 84 eastbound near Multnomah Falls by Oregon State Police Sgt. Tom Worthy, for doing 90 mph in a 65-mph zone.

Source: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/43582947.html

090423cars_470.jpg

090423_lamborghini_busted.jpg

090423cars_line_470.jpg

Who's NSX is that?:confused:

How does that work? I mean, if I'm in a caravan and I see the dude 5 back getting pulled over, I don't automatically say, "Hey! I'm gonna stop because I want a ticket, too!"
I'll stop every time if it is clear that po-po indicates me.
Maybe the cop sped to the head of the line and pointed at everybody?

visiting oregon in '77, i was ticketed for going 60 in a 55 in my new volvo 242 dl. my father lives in oregon and we have visited the state many times since then and i've gotta say i never speed in oregon.

How does that work? I mean, if I'm in a caravan and I see the dude 5 back getting pulled over, I don't automatically say, "Hey! I'm gonna stop because I want a ticket, too!"
I'll stop every time if it is clear that po-po indicates me.

I"m a proud member of the "Taconic 8" and can tell you that once your caravan is spotted the authorities have plenty of time and resources to but the kibash on the party:wink:

That's how the cop did it with me and 3 other cars a few years back. Pulled along side each one of us...pointed...pulled up to the guy in front...pointed...then got in front of the whole group to slow everyone down to a stop.

Then we all looked at each other wondering who was going to be the crazy mofo to take off and get busted so the rest don't get a ticket. :tongue: Alas no one dared lol. :biggrin:

Just have to own up that you got busted, nice work Mr. officer. Have a good day. See you tomorrow, well at least I hope not. :rolleyes:

I"m a proud member of the "Taconic 8" and can tell you that once your caravan is spotted the authorities have plenty of time and resources to but the kibash on the party:wink:

Is that the group that got stopped going to an NSXPO a few years ago? Just remembered reading about that.

So, who took the pictures!? A passer-buyer and/or local Oregonian who ain't never seen a fancy car? (No offense intended to native Oregonians who own sports cars.)

When your busted, you kinda have to stay in one place with your hands empty and in plain view. Anyway, nice group of cars.

That's exactly it. Everyone sees the cop, slows down, and he makes eye contact with every driver and points them to the side of the road as he passes them.

Twelve of us got tickets that way on a road trip. First thing the cop said to us was "You have two minutes to talk me out of sending you all to jail".

I was happy to just get the ticket and be able to drive away.

As member #3 ..... I concur! Then again if we had a proper "tail look out" that whole mess wouldn't have happened.

Then we all looked at each other wondering who was going to be the crazy mofo to take off and get busted so the rest don't get a ticket. :tongue: Alas no one dared lol. :biggrin:

The problem with that is now they have technology on their side :( ...... when they drive past you slow and point you out they have their dash cams rolling and they're grabbing your plates. If one guy runs..... they're screwed later.

What is the fine for speed racing in Oregon? Do they accept Canadian cash? Do the Canadians get released on a promise to appear?

visiting oregon in '77, i was ticketed for going 60 in a 55 in my new volvo 242 dl. my father lives in oregon and we have visited the state many times since then and i've gotta say i never speed in oregon.

Could cars go 60 mph back in 77? I don't know I wasn't born yet.:tongue:

Could cars go 60 mph back in 77? I don't know I wasn't born yet.:tongue:

OK... that was clearly a "rub it in" comment ;)

........have their dash cams rolling and they're grabbing your plates. If one guy runs..... they're screwed later.

Not exactly true all the time.

I've done donuts at 2am in a local park and someone that was walking his dog read my plates and called the cops. Later on I got a call from police and they were trying to get me to fess up. Good thing my friend was a lawyer and told me to admit nothing since owning the car doesn't mean that u drove it.

Other times include a friend pulling away from a CHP in a Supra when the cars were within 50 feet of each other. Never got a call from the cops.

The 3rd example was a friend in a RX7 TT that pulled away from the palo alto cops at 2am. He was being chased by 3 cars while going 120MPH in a 25MPH. Cops gave up and turned around.

no issues with cops.

All cars were more better performing cars than a simple NSX......

That's kinda funny I saw this caravan going through town and later on the freeway..
When I saw them the nsx was leading..that made me happy lol know your roll :) nsx in front
Pretty neat to see so many cars just on a whim there were more cars than that though...I saw
Eight total 4 lambos 3 ferraris and the single nsx if I'm not mistaken

The police here in Oklahoma troll the local forums to see where the street racing is going to be and when the track events are. I wonder if that played a roll in these guys getting caught by the "Command Center?"

I think I'll go start another thread about this ....
:rolleyes:

(Note: as far as I know, this is the legitimate one)

Back