• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buyer Beware! Jh4na21682t000037

Me:We have photos of this car with a wrecked door, and crushed in Quarter panel, after the wreck, it sat with the top off and windows down for months,, at the bottom of the floor pan was 8 inches of water,,,

Shawn,

Do you have photos of "this car with a wrecked door, and crushed in Quarter panel, after the wreck"?

I haven't seen the wrecked photos of this car...looked on the forums too. So is it any better for you to misrepresent yourself by saying you have photos of the totaled vehicle than it is for someone who bought the car at an auction who may very well have thought it had a clean title when they listed it.

In the sellers defense, they bought it about a month ago according to them...if they did, thgen perhaps the title THEY have is clean. It would take more digging on their part to find out if it is a washed title. All you have presented them with is hearsay, as there is no proof in this thread, or the other one linked in here, other than Prime Members words that this car was in fact salvaged and sat with the roof off.

Am I saying it didn't? No, I'm saying put yourself in the dealers shoes.....you have people emailing you, calling you a fraud, when it could be that what you have posted was in good faith that it has a clean title and immaculate interior. If they just bought the car at auction, the title they have probably is clean and the interior...since it has been totally replaced, probably is immaculate.

Then there are people emailing you and calling you a fraud and accusing you of false advertising yet offering no physical proof other than hearsay of their accusations.

Once again, you have good intentions but have gone about it the wrong way. All it would have taken was an email that read something like this....

"Dear Sir,

I see you have a 2002 Acura NSX listed on your lot for sale, VIN#JH4NA21682T000037. I also notice that you have it listed with a clean title. I was under the impression that that particular car had been in an accident and totaled and then a salvage title was issued. I was also under the impression that that particular VIN number sat at an Acura Dealership (Goodson Acura in Irving, TX) outside open to the elements for a number of months, filling the interior with rain water.

I came across this information on NSXPrime (link to the thread).

Could you verify or deny these facts for me?

Thanks,

MY NAME AND CONTACT INFO"

I'll bet that I would have gotten farther with my email...and it wasn't accusatory. Once again, from the information THEY have, they probably placed the advert in good faith. My email would prompt them to do a little deeper investigation into the vehicle without accusing the of fraud or false advertising.

If they, upon deeper investigation, discovered the discrepancies and then continued to advertise it as a clean title...then that is another story.

Just my $0.02

RJPKRP,, your right,, I always run in there and start pointing,,, I know you get more with Honey,

but this is another example of people F-ing unsuspecting victims, this car has been in a wreck and Carfax shows nothing,,, cuz it was never reported, and I think that its my personal mission to expose these guys, or anyone that sells an NSX with-out disclosing things like this,,,

and I am sure this guy will not tell the next buyer,,, tell me What cars saleman would,,, hes not in biz to help customers and send them on their happy way,, but to make himself money, thats the bottom line,,,

yea he disclosed this info to us cuz we had him in a corner,, but I am glad this VIN is here now on prime,, so Hopefully the next person will check here before their purchase,, and atleast Know what happend to this car,, maybe the next person only wants this car for a track car,, who knows

Last edited:
My point is, maybe this dealer DIDN'T know the history of the car. They have only had it for a month, and you state yourself that the carfax/autocheck shows nothing. So perhaps what they are saying about the car, that it was involved in a minor accident but otherwise clean, is what they know as the truth.

Also, they cannot just take what they read on an internet forums as truth. They have to dig themselves to uncover the truth....check with Goodson Acura, etc. How do they know that the person who started this thread wasn't just someone disgruntled with whomever was selling the car back in 2005 and was trying to muddle the sale of the car for them? They don't, so they can't just take some random internet posters word for it, they have to investigate it for themselves and speak with professionals and/or owners who are reliable sources of information about the VIN number.

So, this particular dealer may not be intentionally "F-ing unsuspecting victims". They bought it at auction with what they thought was a clean title. Do you think the auctioneer said, "Hey, this car was salvaged but there is a clean title on it now....so go out there and screw the next buyer!". Chances are, they had no idea the history of the car when the bought it at auction and placed it for sale on their lot. I'm not saying the Used Car Salesmen are always on the up and up, I'm also not saying that EVERY car dealer is unethical. If they do personally uncover the history of the car and still do not disclose it, then yes, THAT is unethical.

So it is better to go with "honey" and actually EDUCATE them on the history of the vehicle and give them the tools to help them personally investigate it (name of the dealer where it sat uncovered, link to forum and thread, etc) than it is to fire off an email ACCUSING them of fraud and false advertising, that will more than likely demotivate them from actually investigating the car's history. Sending them an accusatory email that links to NSXPrime may also lead this particular dealer to think that Prime is full of self-righteous NSX-owning p****s instead of a resource and community to turn to for help with all things NSX. Word-of-mouth can go a long way.

Back