• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying from a used car from England

Have anyone bought a car from England? The car was originally registered in the US, and meets all DOT and EPA regulations.

I'm not sure how much it would cost me to import the car into California, and whether it's worth the troulble.

Any advice is greatly appeciated.

John

I'll help you export it from here in the UK (cos I import/export about 50 cars per year, but never sent to US from UK). But is it worth it? I thought NSXs are much cheaper in the US.

I hope you're buying from a legit seller in England.

There was a person on ebay selling an NSX well below book value. He claimed to be in Europe and said that the car was in US spec. Offered free shipping. Turned out it was a scam.

This doesn't seem like it would be worthwhile given the current value of the dollar to the Pound.

A US car here is going to be cheaper than a UK one, and as such usually bought by people on a 'budget'. The car may have been looked after properly, but it also might not. It probably came in from Europe, as there is no reason for a US to be imported straight to the UK, when it's easier to get them from Japan.

Seems peculiar that someone in the UK would have imported a left-hand-drive NSX in the first place.

Back