• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C6 Z06 excluded from SCCA Solo II Stock Class

According to the 2006 SCCA rules the C6 Z06 Corvette has been excluded from running in the SCCA Solo II Stock Class. Just wondering what everyone thinks about this ruling... and i'm bored at work with nothing else to talk about.

RP-Motorsports said:
Well I am NOT a fan of chevy, but that is crazy. If that is true, then the Type-R, Spec-V, SS, Sti, MR etc etc all need to be removed as well. Each car has a weakness, no matter how much bhp.

I don't understand. :confused: Why do these cars need to be removed? What is wrong with them?

White92 said:
I don't understand. :confused: Why do these cars need to be removed? What is wrong with them?

Like the ZO6- They are production varients of a standard model. I think the implication is that if you ban one varient, you should ban them all.

My impression of solo racing was always "man against clock"
I am willing to bet it will take some considerable skill to get maximum hustle from a ZO6- There is a lot of pedal moderation and braking to go along with 505 BHP.

Being unfamiliar with the SCCA classes, I would be asking the following questions if I had just dropped the cash on a ZO6

1. What is the criteria for SCCA Solo II Stock?

2. What other cars are specifically excluded in that class?

3. What are the reasons?

4. Is there a class in which the ZO6 is accepted if an enthusiast wanted to use one?

White92 said:

Just like H-Car-Wiz stated, if the Z06 is illegal, then so should all other special editions of all base cars. My point is that the Z06 should NOT be an illegal car in stock class if others are are considered legal.

Perhaps they should bump the class down and make room for the big bad ZO6. I mean cars get faster as time flies by ya know :wink:

Now what about the C5 Z06? That would be intresting to know if that is still in there or not

Back