• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling ALL San Diego NSXers!!!!

Nice pix-thanks for posting the link again (it worked!) and great commentary :tongue:

Aww man i just missed the meet. Just came back home from a 6 monther with the Navy, it feels great to be back in the NSX again. Pictures look great! keep em up, hopefully i can make the next one.

Aww man i just missed the meet. Just came back home from a 6 monther with the Navy, it feels great to be back in the NSX again. Pictures look great! keep em up, hopefully i can make the next one.

Welcome Home...... :smile:

Thank you for your service and looking forward to meet you at the next drive.

Thanks for your service, my dad served in the Navy during WWII in the Pacific. Hope to see you at an event soon.

NOT liking this weather. Has not been able to take #45 out in a while...:frown:

Hopefully the rest of the week will stay clear. I was able to take mine out Saturday in a little bit of mist. Hope all of you who are going to NSXPO have a great time (take lots of pix!!!) :smile:

I purchased some new Volks w/Bridgestone S-03 mounted from a prime member.
The fronts have more than 50% left but the rears need replacments. I was thinking about the Bridgestone RE050A, 265/35 18's for the rears, the fronts are S-03s 215/40 ZR 17s. I have a 91,Black/Black.

Are there any issues or suggestions with this tire match?

Does anyone know a place in San Diego to have them mounted and balanced? I am worried about damaging the Volks, they are just about perfect.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Rick

Size-wise, you are fine. That is what I am going to do as well.
don't know much about the Bridgestones. My choice would be either the Dunlop Star Spec or the ContinentalExtremeContact DW depending on your driving style. The front tires seem last forever so I understand you want to stay with the same brand.

I have Nitto NT05 sticky but i don't drive aggro enough to take advantage of them so when the rears wear out, I am gonna try the Contis.

I have used Lutz Tires on Market st. 619-234-3535 ask for Mike. They are careful of their work all the time but let them know your concerns about your nice Volks.

I did not realize that Jerry/Green light did the tire stuff too, thanks.
He did the timing belt, water pump, and lots of other stuff too, on mine, so why not tires?
Thanks for the info,
Rick

Size-wise, you are fine. That is what I am going to do as well.
don't know much about the Bridgestones. My choice would be either the Dunlop Star Spec or the ContinentalExtremeContact DW depending on your driving style. The front tires seem last forever so I understand you want to stay with the same brand.

I have Nitto NT05 sticky but i don't drive aggro enough to take advantage of them so when the rears wear out, I am gonna try the Contis.

I have used Lutz Tires on Market st. 619-234-3535 ask for Mike. They are careful of their work all the time but let them know your concerns about your nice Volks.

Thanks for the lead to Mike, I like the idea of a tire guy.

Yea, the Bridgestones on the front have so much tread, and what you say, I figure I can go through a set of rears before I get a new set of 4. I'm just trying to match the fronts as close a possible.

I just do weekend drives in the east county and push it a little, but I am new to the NSX and never drove anything even close. I love this car!

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
Rick

Hi all, I'm new to NSX Prime. Just went to Vegas for NSXPO for the first time. Bought my 1993 in 2008 from a guy in Fort Lauderdale with only 12,000 miles. I now have 32,000 and enjoying every mile. I'm up for any kind of San Diego gathering or local drive. I was a member of the San Diego Miata Club and have driven many of our back country roads. So include me in any SD plans.

Louis Misko
Kensington
"Dino-san"
Stock Black over Red with Black Interior

LOL. Tim, what are you doing hanging out at Market St. again!!!

Didn't your probation officer tell you to stay away from there and quit buying those drugs. Once a crack addict....always a crack addict. "Volks" must be slang for crack. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Didn't your probation officer tell you to stay away from there and quit buying those drugs. Once a crack addict....always a crack addict. "Volks" must be slang for crack. :biggrin:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

That cracked me up:tongue:

Just trying to trade my Volks for some crack for the season. I have finally figured out....its cheaper to do crack than modding my NSX.:biggrin:

Just trying to trade my Volks for some crack for the season. I have finally figured out....its cheaper to do crack than modding my NSX.:biggrin:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That really cracked me up:biggrin:

So it's been a little while since this thread was posted on. The weather has been amazing the past few days and I was wondering if anyone would be up for a drive sometime soon. Just throwing the idea out there to gather interest :smile:

Back