• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Camber Correction Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first set of hardware created is for at least a 2 INCH drop in ride height.

Here is for some exciting news...

In about three weeks there will be kits that will be for 1-1.5 inch drop.
I know some of you have only lowered your NSX about 1 inch. So I am having at least 8 sets made that have a third less offset correction. This should be stable for cars lowered from about 1 to 1.5 inches.

Let me explain the dynamic action of the suspesion in basic terms.

The first picture attached shows a rear view of your suspension. As you lower your car the upper control arm, described by the blue line, goes from near horizontal to tilting up in the direction of the blue arrow. The more you lower the car the more the left end of this blue line moves in toward the car.

What the kit does is move the upper control arm mounting position out away from the chassis, green arrow, to make up for the loss, left end of blue line moving in towards the chassis. Therefore, if only lowering the car one inch, the car is just approaching the dynamic part of the curve where the left end of the blue line moves.

The second picture shows a cartoon illustrated view of what is happening with the upper and lower arms from OEM to 2 inches of drop. You can estimate some ideas from the photo, but don't rely on it heavily.

Attachments

• StatDirForce02.JPG
    StatDirForce02.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 161
  • StatDirForce04.JPG
    StatDirForce04.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 125
Here is for some exciting news...

In about three weeks there will be kits that will be for 1-1.5 inch drop.
I know some of you have only lowered your NSX about 1 inch. So I am having at least 8 sets made that have a third less offset correction. This should be stable for cars lowered from about 1 to 1.5 inches.

Now, that is exciting news. Looking forward to seeing the new product and the updated specs for camber correction.

Well, just getting back from Dallas, where I had the pleasure of meeting the highly aclaimed Thom and Mike-BiKeViL! They wasted no time.....and a few hours later.....my wheels were straight as an arrow!

Pics and more details tomorrow.

***So Cal Update***
Thom is shipping Calvin's and my kits tomorrow and the tools required for the install. We'll drop the tools off with Ramon and get the installs done. If you want to check out the results both cars will be in the Canyon Run July 1st. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case you wanted Ramon to install the kit for you and save your tires! :biggrin:

Just in case no one was aware the less aggressive kit is currently available.
:biggrin:
This kit should be able to help camber correction from ~0.5"-1.5"

*Results depend on the amount of lowering

This sounds like a great winter project for us northern guys. That way the down time is negligable. I'm sure I'll be contacting you once the snow falls Ayotte. Any plans for attending NSXPO in Ohio?

This sounds like a great winter project for us northern guys. That way the down time is negligable. I'm sure I'll be contacting you once the snow falls Ayotte. Any plans for attending NSXPO in Ohio?

That would be one heck of a long trip from Dallas TX!

How many NSXers show up, and how long does it last?

Gil, I got mine done......it turned out grrrrrrreat!!!!

Thanks to Thom for a great set of the agressive kit....thanks to Zetoolman for your help........and Thanks to Ramon for installing it for me. It looks great and looking forward to saving some $$ on tires :)

Thom,

This kit looks great! I'm in Canada and I really need this, will you still be selling them in a few months? I have to wait until the bad weather comes, around October/November, until I take the car off the road - at which time I can send you my control arms. What do you think the chances are you'll still be selling? I'm crossing my fingers! :biggrin:

Thom,

This kit looks great! I'm in Canada and I really need this, will you still be selling them in a few months? I have to wait until the bad weather comes, around October/November, until I take the car off the road - at which time I can send you my control arms. What do you think the chances are you'll still be selling? I'm crossing my fingers! :biggrin:

As long as I'm alive I'll be selling these! PM me when you're ready.

Thom

Had mine installed last week by Ramon and rear end aligned, the rear tires sit perfect now!! Thanks Thom for a great product. Gil

Last edited:
As long as I'm alive I'll be selling these! PM me when you're ready.

Thom

Thom,
I've sent you a couple of pm's with no response, is this product still available?

Has anyone who's had these installed measured the amount in mm or fractions of an inch the tops of the rims move out? My concern is that, with all of the negative camber I have now, the rim/tire sits right near the same vertical plane of the fender. If I were to install these, would I lose this fitment? Am I describing my concern so that you all understand it? I'd like to know if this could be a solution for me...

J

Has anyone who's had these installed measured the amount in mm or fractions of an inch the tops of the rims move out? My concern is that, with all of the negative camber I have now, the rim/tire sits right near the same vertical plane of the fender. If I were to install these, would I lose this fitment? Am I describing my concern so that you all understand it? I'd like to know if this could be a solution for me...

J

Yes! If your rear wheels sit perfectly flush now, when you install this kit, it will slightly push them out. Not much, unless you go with Thom's agressive kit. It's a close call really, I don't have measurements, but I know exactly what you are concerned about.

J

Since your tires are currently flush with the vertical plane the tire might move out a bit more than you'd like.

NSX FoYoAss had 15mm spacers on his rear rims before we started, tires were flush with verticle plane before.

After Camber correction install and removal of the spacers the tires were again flush with the verticle plane.

Had there not been a spacer on his NSX the upper tire would have been sticking out 15mm.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
From the looks of Thom's kit, it gains camber from negative towards zero by pushing out the top part of the wheel outward. Can possibly make your wheels stick out in the end.

For those who replied to my question, thank you very much. It appears that this wouldn't be a good solution for me without getting different rims.

Thom, still a great product as it seems it's well thought out and engineered. Definitely one of the right ways to correct camber on our cars.

J

can i be on the list for the first shot and introductory price?

thanks

can i be on the list for the first shot and introductory price?

thanks

There never was an "introductory" price 6 months ago when Thom released the product originally, you think now is a good time? Bad Marketing IMO

There never was an "introductory" price 6 months ago when Thom released the product originally, you think now is a good time? Bad Marketing IMO

I'm not in marketing, and I don't have a team of people helping me out here. The original price was based on overhead and the possibility of increased cost for future manufacturing, etc.

Anyhow, on another note I am lowering the price of the Camber Hardware.
Due to streamline in manufacturing the company making the parts is knocking the cost down, also some savings are coming from pricing in component selection. I am allways attempting to lower cost.

I'm currently offering group buys at a cost of $355.00 shipped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back