• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Camber Correction Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Thom,

So i installed my $350 each rear Dunlop SP9000 285/30/19. It's been less than 2000 miles and at my best camber of 2.1/2.4 dialed all the way in. Lets say I'm not pleased since with oem adjustment the inner part of my tire is now halfway worn and outsides look barely scrubbed! Lame since I lowered less than 1".

ANYHOW lol, since you've lowered the price for group buys from $390 to $350, does the individual sale price stay the same? I am interested in the 1" camber correction kit since I don't want it any lower and am aiming for 1 degree of camber. Actually with my numbers, should I go for the more camber or less camber kit (2" or 1"?) Z claims he got back atleast 1.5 degrees or so. Which would bring my numbers to .6/.9, and with full amount of camber on the dial able to be dialed in, I think they can gain another couple 10ths of a degree.......... Can I get your advice on which one I should run?

Also, originally for the price of $450 it included having the part installed into my arm at ayotte when I sent my arm in. I assume it has changed? Having gone to your site, the price is $425 shipped for a DIY. I didn't go digging through all the posts though so I may of missed something....

What is the current situation for what price? Thanks thom!

Last edited:
KooLaid,
Sent you a PM

Since Z lowered his car some more after his previous align. I'll agree it's fair to say he gained a lot more than 1.5°, but to get to -2° on both sides with the extreme low stance he has is incredible. His tires were already just barely going into the wheel well; the rim must be even with the well by now.

Last edited:
Hi Thom, haven't received your pm or email. resend? thanks :smile:

So I've read more into your posts more closely. And here is my conclusion. Your basic kit will help dial out 2.0 degrees of camber +/- 0.2 degrees. I'll go off of 2.0 degrees for this. Stock cam has a range of 1.33 degrees. My current spec is -2.1/-2.4 degrees. Adding this basic kit will change my camber to approximately -0.1/-0.4 degrees with my stock cams left where they are, dialed all the way out. Then by dialing in camber with the stock cam, I'll be able to set my camber to get to -1.43/-1.73 degrees. Correct? I still just want -1.0/-1.0 on my rears.

Last edited:
Hi Thom, haven't received your pm or email. resend? thanks :smile:

So I've read more into your posts more closely. And here is my conclusion. Your basic kit will help dial out 2.0 degrees of camber +/- 0.2 degrees. I'll go off of 2.0 degrees for this. Stock cam has a range of 1.33 degrees. My current spec is -2.1/-2.4 degrees. Adding this basic kit will change my camber to approximately -0.1/-0.4 degrees with my stock cams left where they are, dialed all the way out. Then by dialing in camber with the stock cam, I'll be able to set my camber to get to -1.43/-1.73 degrees. Correct? I still just want -1.0/-1.0 on my rears.

You've got the gist of it.

My original camber before install was ~-2.4 on both right and left rears. The aggressive kit brought both sides to about zero, then I've dialed my camber back out to -1.0° right and left rears.

I've also reduced the toe from stock settings, closer to zero front and rear, to decrease tire wear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just installed the Less Agressive Camber Correction kit. Its fairly simple to remove old control arm bushing and install new Camber Correction kit.

Installed on a 98 Nsx that was lowered 3/4" to 1". After getting CURRENT alignment readings before Camber kit install.
LR Camber -1.9 RR Camber - 1.7

Saw i needed only Mild Camber Kit to acheive AFTER Install readings.
LR Camber -1.0 RR Camber -0.9

After Install numbers are for Street driven Nsx, and better tire wear than Factory settings of -1.5 Rear Camber.

Very impressed with thought process of the kit, and fitment of kit. And ALWAYS able to get return call, or email from Thom within a reasonable amount of time.
Solid plastic bearings look to be the only wearable item with this kit, but are fairly thick, and with the snug fit of the plastic bearings in the control arm, they dont look like they will wear anytime soon. I was however informed by Thom, bearings are available separately.

Definite thumbs up for this product!

Oster

I just had the Camber Correction kit installed by Ramon at Niguel Motors.

I recently had the car lowered and needed to get the camber corrected. The previous camber was ~2.5 degrees (per Darin at West End Alignment) and as you can see from the before/after photo, it straightened it right up.

Now, I'm off to get it aligned again.

Edit: Keyes Acure: 1) couldn't get the car onto the alignment rack and 2) told me they wouldn't do it to my specs. I ended up going to Valencia Acura for the alignment. They were more than accommodating. Joey (the service associate) was great. (He has a nice Integra Type-R.) And Danny did the alignment... he'd been doing this kind of thing for 25+ years, though he looked like a younger guy. He let me watch him do the adjustments and did the alignment exactly like I wanted. Highly recommended!

camber_correction_071227.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any group buys active at this time? I would like to get a kit for my NSX if there are others interested...

I'm not in marketing, and I don't have a team of people helping me out here. The original price was based on overhead and the possibility of increased cost for future manufacturing, etc.

Anyhow, on another note I am lowering the price of the Camber Hardware.
Due to streamline in manufacturing the company making the parts is knocking the cost down, also some savings are coming from pricing in component selection. I am allways attempting to lower cost.

I'm currently offering group buys at a cost of $355.00 shipped!

anyone in SoCal want to join me on one?

1. EVOF575GTC
2. your name...

I've had mine on for some time now. No issues. Great investment, as my rear tires look great after 3k miles. Previously, I would need to flip my tires at 3k miles and then replace the rears at 6k.

I will be in need of a camber kit very soon as I'm picking up my coilovers this week... :redface: I might just wait till these tires are done for though to fix the camber

I don't live in SoCal, but I'm game.. I will pay extra shipping costs to Canada say $365 shipped:biggrin:

1. EVOF575GTC
2. Chado
3. sgvnsxrated
4. NCC-1701D

Thom, if you read this. To remove the old parts and to install the new parts. Is it a simple matter of using a shop hydraulic press, pressing the old hardware out, pressing the new hardware in, andthen getting an alignment done?

Just picked up on the thread. I haven't been here in a while.

Correct, you'll need a hydrolic press to press out the OEM pivots. There are two aluminum sleeves and eight polymer bushings to press in with the Hydrolic presss. After that the pivots slide in. I need to work on the install instructions to better equip the install, but all in all its pretty simple.

Let me know which kits you guys are after. Currently I don't have any of the 'Mild' kits, and I only have 4 'Aggressive' kits left. I'll need to get production started up for more product. Please let me know...

Canada: I'll put it plainly, Customs can cost you. If you can find someone with an address in the US, I can ship without customs expense, then they can ship to you, that would be cheaper.

I don't live in SoCal, but I'm game.. I will pay extra shipping costs to Canada say $365 shipped:biggrin:

1. EVOF575GTC
2. Chado
3. sgvnsxrated
4. NCC-1701D

Thom, if you read this. To remove the old parts and to install the new parts. Is it a simple matter of using a shop hydraulic press, pressing the old hardware out, pressing the new hardware in, andthen getting an alignment done?

Just picked up on the thread. I haven't been here in a while.

Correct, you'll need a hydrolic press to press out the OEM pivots. There are two aluminum sleeves and eight polymer bushings to press in with the Hydrolic presss. After that the pivots slide in. I need to work on the install instructions to better equip the install, but all in all its pretty simple.

Let me know which kits you guys are after. Currently I don't have any of the 'Mild' kits, and I only have 4 'Aggressive' kits left. I'll need to get production started up for more product. Please let me know...

Canada: I'll put it plainly, Customs can cost you. If you can find someone with an address in the US, I can ship without customs expense, then they can ship to you, that would be cheaper.

Hi Thom,

thanks for the reply. On the customs form. If the product is made or declared to be made in the USA. I shouldn't have to pay duty on it. If you ship it via USPS, Then I won't have to pay brokerage. I do not mind paying the tax on it. Because the cost of shipping 2x will probably cancel out those savings.

However if customs is really bad and I have over looked something. Is there anything out there in the USA that wants to recieve and ship me this part?

Also, I have a 1 inch drop on my car. Which kit do you think would be best for me. I see on your geo city site that you have

THERE ARE TWO KITS
ONE FOR <1" LOWERED
ONE FOR >1" LOWERED

I am right in the middle.

1. EVOF575GTC
2. Chado
3. sgvnsxrated
4. NCC-1701D (currently 1 inch drop on my car... mild or aggressive????)

Hi Thom,

thanks for the reply. On the customs form. If the product is made or declared to be made in the USA. I shouldn't have to pay duty on it. If you ship it via USPS, Then I won't have to pay brokerage. I do not mind paying the tax on it. Because the cost of shipping 2x will probably cancel out those savings.

However if customs is really bad and I have over looked something. Is there anything out there in the USA that wants to recieve and ship me this part?

Also, I have a 1 inch drop on my car. Which kit do you think would be best for me. I see on your geo city site that you have

THERE ARE TWO KITS
ONE FOR <1" LOWERED
ONE FOR >1" LOWERED

I am right in the middle.

1. EVOF575GTC
2. Chado
3. sgvnsxrated
4. NCC-1701D (currently 1 inch drop on my car... mild or aggressive????)

At 1" you are better off with the mild kit. I'm in process of having manufacturing gear up to run a mild kit through. It could be a month

Last edited:
Thom,

I currently have Koni's adj with H/R springs, so I know I'm at least 1"+ lowered. Which kit do you recommend aggressive? Also is this a DIY task? I've done my own struts and springs replacement with a 2x4. Can't be more difficult that that?

Thom,

I currently have Koni's adj with H/R springs, so I know I'm at least 1"+ lowered. Which kit do you recommend aggressive? Also is this a DIY task? I've done my own struts and springs replacement with a 2x4. Can't be more difficult that that?

I'll have to say on a scale of 1-10, 10 being most mechanically proficient, the job would be around a 7. Not your typical brake pad change, maybe not as bad as a clutch change but close. Ask guys that have done it themselves.

My question.... My rear tires are 10.5 wide. I heard that using this camber correction kit could actually MAKE my tires rub my coil overs. Ever heard of this being an issue?

I'm in for an aggressive kit. I'll need something worked out for shipping to Canada, & whatever special tools needed to be borrowed & returned.

PM Sent

Thanks Thom,

My question.... My rear tires are 10.5 wide. I heard that using this camber correction kit could actually MAKE my tires rub my coil overs. Ever heard of this being an issue?

It's the opposite.

Thom's kit actually pushes the top of the wheels out, away from the coilovers. If anything, you will need to watch your fenders to see if they will rub the tires.

It is minor difference however, I think we are talking 5-6 mm.(from my experience)

mine w/ 19x10 rear wheel - 275/30/19 tires - Bilstein/Eibach custom perch w/about 2.75 inch drop AND a 10 or 15mm spacer...I forget.
IMG_4207.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back