• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can someone in SoCal loan/rent me a tire and wheel (car 30 miles away stuck)

Driving through the Renaissance development in Porter ranch, I believe I ran over nail cuz construction is happening everywhere.

The problem is that I didn't know I had a flat tire till I hopped off the 118 freeway at Topanga and by then the tire was smoking and the rim is seriously damaged. I don't think I can get a tire back on that rim.

I'm hoping that there's someone around the LA, OC, or Ventura county that has a spare wheel and tire (not the spare hopefully) so I can put my car back into the garage and order a new set of wheels and tires.

So I had the car towed back to Porter Ranch and left it in front of a friend's house until I can get a extra wheel to put on to take it back home.

If someone could let me borrow or I wouldn't even mind renting a wheel for a few weeks until I get my new wheels, I'd really appreciate it. I had 18" 275-35 tires on there I believe so they were just slightly larger than stock. I'd be eternally grateful if anyone can help.

Thanks and lemme know...

I have a set of wheels taken off about a month ago, I left in the shop (hopefully they haven't trash it) I'll contact the shop 1st thing tomorrow morning to find out more regarding the status of the wheels.

I believe they are 16 and 17 rear tires only has about 10% left (or less)

Wind

I have a set of stock 15/16's sitting around that you're more than welcome to come and borrow. Not much tread but it should get you home no problem. I'm in Santa Monica so not too far from Malibu.

I've got a set of 15"/16"'s from my 91 that you are welcome to use.

Thanks Wind, I am checking with Wind first.

The wheel from what I saw last night was in bad shape, the lip got bent slightly in several spots. It was so dark I couldn't really see much more than that. I don't think it's repairable.

Thanks for all the support guys!!!

I noticed you had no spare when you showed me your HID's. I think it was my fault for thinking that :)

That's weird cause I hit something on the 118 coming back from Simi several weeks ago and shreaded my tire, not to mention the smoke and watching the tire fly off, hitting the embankment. The car ran fine, didn't really know what had happened, until I saw the smoke and saw the tire fly off ! I am getting the rim fixed in N. Hollywood, picking up tomorrow. Also installing wheel sensors, for pressure and temperature !

Brad

Thanks to Wind for meeting me out in Pasadena with the tire and wheel. I was able to drive my car home and it'll sit there until I get my new wheels which I'm ordering this weekend.

What an ordeal though, I had the hardest time getting the wheel off cuz of the lug nut cover not coming off, the key broke and I was lucky enough to buy another one from Darkside Motoring. Still it would not come off so I had to pound and chisel it off.

The wheel was actually in decent shape once I saw it in daylight. It was just covered with rubber residue and had a little road rash and has a fixable lip bend. So America's Tire will replace the tire for free since I had road hazard on it. Still I will not keep the wheels cuz i destroyed the lug cover. I also realize the importance of the tire pressure monitoring system now so that's next as well.

Thanks again to Wind (we're doing dinner when I get my new wheels) and everyone else for their generosity and just pure altruism. There's not many communities like this.

glad the wheel work out for :D :D

btw sorry for the meeting place. if I knew you were coming off from 210 we could've meet in Arcadia. (easier for both of us)

best wish

Hey where are you guys located? Im in Duarte and another memeber posting here is in Monrovia. Let's meet up sometime! After you get your wheels back that is.

Thats funny. . .I was on the 118 a couple weeks ago, and the car in front of me had its tire blow out too. It happened so quick that I didn't have time to change lanes safely and the tire debris scratched the front lip of my car.

Anyhow, glad to hear that you got that tire.

Seems like the 118 should be avoided if possible! :eek:

Hey Malibu I wish I would have seen this earlier.But if you need anything just call me hopefully you still have my number.I have a rim and tire you can have if you want to keep it around for a spare.thanks for the window thingyS and tool they worked great.thanks again and let me know if you want that rim and tire.

Back