• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can we say price gouging!!

I just want to check and make sure I'm not going crazy......

We all appreciate the time and money that went into the Pro-Car NSX-R replica rear spoiler. The product is insane, it's absolutely perfect, and the price isn't that bad considering the market. However, am I reading correctly? The addition of a 6 inch long LED light placed in a rubber gasket and inserted in the wing raises its price by $800.00???

I mean many of us have been waiting for a wing with a 3rd brake light (especially for our state inspection) but that's crazy. Am I the only one who feels it’s a bit ridiculous? The wing doesn't look like it was re-designed; it looks like the gasket holds the light in by interference fit. The only reason it seems that it's so much more is because many of us want one. Now I know that's marketing, but $800.....I think that's more like price gouging.

I wonder if we do a “group buy” if they can cut us a break

jadkar said:

We all appreciate the time and money that went into the Pro-Car NSX-R replica rear spoiler. The product is insane, it's absolutely perfect, and the price isn't that bad considering the market. However, am I reading correctly? The addition of a 6 inch long LED light placed in a rubber gasket and inserted in the wing raises its price by $800.00???

I mean many of us have been waiting for a wing with a 3rd brake light (especially for our state inspection) but that's crazy. Am I the only one who feels it’s a bit ridiculous? The wing doesn't look like it was re-designed; it looks like the gasket holds the light in by interference fit. The only reason it seems that it's so much more is because many of us want one. Now I know that's marketing, but $800.....I think that's more like price gouging.

my opinion is they're entitled to ask whatever they choose for the products they design, manufacture and sell. likewise, the market is entitled to buy at that price, or not.

jadkar said:

Make a statement and don't buy one, or better yet, you should make one and sell it for less, that will show them! :wink:

Personally, I think the wing with the LED is a bit cobbed up looking, much nicer lines on the wing with no LED, IMO.

titaniumdave said:
Make a statement and don't buy one, or better yet, you should make one and sell it for less, that will show them! :wink:

Personally, I think the wing with the LED is a bit cobbed up looking, much nicer lines on the wing with no LED, IMO.

patience, patience.... one is coming! :biggrin:

Back