• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can you remove a comptech supercharger from a car it is already installed on?

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right area to post this. I'm interested in a car that has a comptech supercharger already installed on it, my question is would it be possible to have it removed from the car and return it to a "normal" nsx or would it be not worth it/ to risky for the engine to do that? (not sure if that makes sense). My plan would be to remove it from the car and then sell it as I would prefer an N/A engine.

You'll get 7-8k for the supercharger kit if it's in good shape.

I've done it on my car when I moved from CTSC to LoveFab turbo.
Removing the supercharger was easy as you don't need to touch the exhaust system.
Installing the turbo is another matter...

Alright I think I'm going to go through with it, thanks so much for the answers everyone.

Do your self a favor and drive a stock nsx and than drive the supercharged car.
The CT supercharger is not excessive and a very nice addition to the car.
Reliability is very good. When they first came out the dealers were installing the CT kit.

Reliability is very good. When they first came out the dealers were installing the CT kit.
+1, I don't care what I hear here... 250 WHP is 250 WHP and that is after 3,000 dollars worth of upgrades like headers, exhaust, intake, etc.I hate when I see stock Nsx dyno's, it is even more pitiful. 340 WHP is 340 WHP... And low boosted for me. Plus the sound is otherworldly. The NA Nsx reminds me of early model Porsches. They sound like sewing machines with a stainless header strapped to it. Add some beef to your diet and stay CT. But to each his own. I love mine. It is also the latest version however... Earlier low boosted ctsc's yield far lower numbers... Just my 2 penny suggestions...
Also, I have a box of NA 1991 parts from my car just sitting if you want to swap back. There is a lot more involved in the swap. It isn't just the intake... It involves the throttle cable, countless wiring looms, engine covers, lots of brackets, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Last edited:

+1 on that.

Back