• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

can you shoot nitrous into the supercharger

Hi All,
I have a gruppeM sc and I'm in the process of turning the boost up to 10-11 ala BoneZ. I am also considering a small (50-70)wet shot of nitrous. Would it be better to shoot the nitrous into the sc(to keep it cooler) or just the normal way? That is, will the nitrous loose functionality or adversely affect the sc? I also have the aquamist 1s system being installed after the throttle plate. any input would be greatly appreciated.

check out factorx posts. they are running comptech can't remember the boost level but worked their way up from a 50 shot with S/C to a 100 shot with STOCK internals its in this forum and thet have logged 17k on the motor
David

Originally posted by BadCarma:
check out factorx posts. they are running comptech can't remember the boost level but worked their way up from a 50 shot with S/C to a 100 shot with STOCK internals its in this forum and thet have logged 17k on the motor. I would use it as both an intercooler(by product)and hp increaser.the intercooler affect I believe should be aroung 70 degrees.others will warn you that this is a real AT RISK proposition and it is and tell you to refrain from doing it. I am not endorsing it one way or the other just sharing what I know others have done and the possibility of slagging your metal if you dont tune it right.thats all

David

Be carefull here, 10 psi alone is pushing the limits of the stock pistons. You should start internal mods if you want more out of this engine. If you decide to go ahead let us know how it works. Dan

Originally posted by 92NSX:
So since I'm running a BBSC with only 6lbs I could also do about a 50 shot dry NOS?

Don't want to jinx myself here but I've been running the CTSC 9psi with a 50 shot directly into the sc for over 3k miles to date. While it has been a bit tempramental and could be tweaked a bit for better tuning, it's been fine. BTW....the NOS cooling effect is only about 25 degrees or so.

Originally posted by 92NSX:
So you inject the NOS between the filter and the turbine for the charger?

Yes. Since my SC is Comptech, the SC sits right on the engine. My one fogger injector sprays after the air filter and b4 the SC. No drilling required. Although it was a bit of a bitch tapping the fuel line.

IMHO I would not recommend a dry shot (even 50) with a SC.

So you are using a wet system, and injecting it BEFORE the blower, in turn cramming both the NOS and fuel through the blower?

Interesting.. not the way I would do it, but interesting for sure.

-BZ

Comptech uses some sort of Boost a pump box along with a fuel pressure riser. Your LESSENING the Nitrous shot as the fuel pressure rises. You're probably not getting near a 25 shot (Drowning it out with too much fuel) negating the reason for the nitrous. Probably hits well right away and dies off as boost/fuel pressure rises. Maybe ask Factor X how they've overcome this obstacle?

I'm curious what other way BoneZ would add nitrous to a Comptech kit!?

[This message has been edited by NSXALI (edited 05 October 2002).]

thanks for the dialogue guys, i've learned alot already. could you shoot only the nitrous before the blower and the added fuel normally? would that give you added cooling? if an intercooler can get you 60-80 degrees cooler, shouldn't the n2o reduce the temp by more than 25 degrees??

note to BoneZ: i'm following your instructions on increasing the boost to the sc. however, i can only get it up to 8psi. am i doing something wrong? after loosening the bolts, do i move the black piece parallel to the two bolts or alter the angle?

thanks again to all.

In regards to adding nitrous to the Comptech kit, I think my comment was mis-represented. My statement was a general one in the sense that I wouldn't put nitrous/fuel before a blower, regardless of kit, I personally wouldn't do it.

---

GruppeM .. mail me, so I can get a better feel for where you stand, there are 2 spots to adjust it, you may have only hit one of the 2

[email protected]

-BZ

Originally posted by BoneZ:
....My statement was a general one in the sense that I wouldn't put nitrous/fuel before a blower, regardless of kit, I personally wouldn't do it.-BZ

WHY? PLEASE BE SPECIFIC

TIA

for a cooling effect why not go with a alky/methanol injection kit?

------------------
picture.JPG

94 Supra TT bpu+++

[This message has been edited by sonik (edited 08 October 2002).]

Back